HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Free Agency Thread 7 (Legit Sources ONLY) Shane Doan visiting Montreal (Post 400)

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 11:25 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think it has to come down to ''if you have a different opinion, then you don't understand team sports''.
Sorry, I just know there isn't any other way to handle a situation like that. I assume that if Trotz suspended them, then he felt it justified. I trust his judgement and consider him a model coach. How do you think he's gotten those talent deprived teams to perform?

Quote:
I do get that there are team rules to follow, but that should never get in the way of the main and sole objective: win.
The team rules don't get in the way of winning, players that violate the team rules get in the way of winning!

Quote:
When you leave your two leading scorers out, you diminish your team's chances of winning.
Unfortunately yes. Blame those 2 leading scorers for putting their team second.

Quote:
Did their message really change anything? No.
Irrelevant imo, too many variables in there anyway for me to argue against it.

Quote:
I know that if I'm a player, I'm not too pleased to hear that our two best forwards are gonna be scratched because they missed curfew by an hour. I don't even care if they're dicks. I want to put all odds of winning on my side, not cripple me.
You'd be mad at those players not your coaches. Trust me.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:26 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Sorry Kriss, you are wrong here. You are now swimming upstream and it's pouring rain out.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
PricePkPatch

We really need something to happen soon. We are running of things to talk about

Old
07-31-2012, 07:23 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
We really need something to happen soon. We are running of things to talk about
I think we are ready for a ''Plekanec or Crosby?'' thread. Predicted votes: 112 in favor of Plek, 86 for Sid.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:47 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I think we are ready for a ''Plekanec or Crosby?'' thread. Predicted votes: 112 in favor of Plek, 86 for Sid.
You know who else made stupid polls about the best hockey players?!?

HITLER!!!

Old
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
AK: Can you help me find big tv?
Magniola: Let me take care of this.

AK: Where can I buy Mercedes G-Class?
Magniola: I will help you with that!

AK: Where are good place to meet girls and have fun.
Magniola: I'll show you a couple of good places.

Oh the scandal! Yeah.. that's some serious off-ice issues there.
I doubt the conversation went like that... And if Kostitsyn had that much trouble finding television, cars and women that he needed to ask for help, he's ********.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:47 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Sorry, I just know there isn't any other way to handle a situation like that. I assume that if Trotz suspended them, then he felt it justified. I trust his judgement and consider him a model coach. How do you think he's gotten those talent deprived teams to perform?
Suter, Weber, Rinne.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Poile is the one that suspended them, for one game. Trotz decided to scratch them the next game because the team pulled through with a win. That was a mistake.
Trotz is not free of mistakes.

Quote:
The team rules don't get in the way of winning, players that violate the team rules get in the way of winning!
Not sure Nashville beats Detroit without Radulov and AK. You brought those two guys in to go all the way. You're down 2-0. Timing is important and shouldn't go unmentioned.
This makes me think of when Carbo decided to bench Kovalev in the last period of the last game of the season versus the Leafs. A game we needed to win if we wanted to make the POs. It didn't matter just how annoyed Carbo was with Kovalev for not listening to him. When you need to win, you play your best guys. Simple and clear.

Quote:
Unfortunately yes. Blame those 2 leading scorers for putting their team second.
Putting their team second? By missing curfew by an hour?? Is this the army?

Quote:
Irrelevant imo, too many variables in there anyway for me to argue against it.
It's not irrelevant. The point is to send a message, so it's kind of important that it gets through.

Opinions will differ on whether or not Poile should have suspended them in the first place, I think they shouldn't have done that due to the timing but others will say it was justified, that's ok. Scratching them for a 2nd game was absolutely stupid however.
The message you want to send across is that there is no exceptions to breaking the rules. The team rallies together despite having their two leading suspended, they win. They took a risk and it worked. But now you decide to scratch them?? Why? So you can take a useless risk? So what happens next? They lose the game, call them back and now those guys feel like ''see, you shouldn't have scratched us''.
It was a failed message.
Suter and Weber were also apparently waiting to see what Nashville does to become more competitive before agreeing to contracts. Well, Radu and AK are out, Suter also is, and Weber didn't want to stay.

Quote:
You'd be mad at those players not your coaches. Trust me.
As I said before, that depends on what they actually did. I wouldn't throw a fit at those players if they just came one hour late.
And let's make it clear, it's a curfew, not a night cap. It means be at the hotel by 23h. It doesn't mean be tucked in bed sleeping by 23h. I'm sure there's half the team, if not more, that are fully still awaken, watching TV or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Sorry Kriss, you are wrong here. You are now swimming upstream and it's pouring rain out.
About what? Nashville not handling it well? How did that turn out for them in the end?
Yea, real well.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:32 AM
PunkinDrublic*

At this point it's irrelevant Kriss. I am telling you TEAM RULES go before any individual player. And thats the way it has to be. They didn't follow the rules they got suspended. There is NO further discussion. These two are blithering idiots anyway. I don't want EITHER of these players anywhere near my team. And yes i am really happy Goats traded Kosty.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Beendair Donedat

Bottom line is that they were so unprofessional in their conduct that the people in charge of the team didn't want them playing. I'm sure those people have a better grasp of the situation than random hf posters.

Neither guy has been offered an NHL contract either. Wonder why?

Old
07-31-2012, 09:47 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post

Neither guy has been offered an NHL contract either. Wonder why?
Correction. Neither guy has signed an NHL contract. Don't make up stuff.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Correction. Neither guy has signed an NHL contract. Don't make up stuff.
Which guy was offered a contract and by whom?

Old
07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
So they knew a guy from the mob who gave them booze, women, cars etc and you think that isn't off ice issues?

As far as Radulov goes, captain decides to finally come back to his team when he sees they have a shot at winning only to bump someone off that roster who was there all year, then misses curfew or goes out drinking or whatever. Kostistyn was with him. **** that. And you think teammates don't mind them going out like that?

It's a slap in the face to your teammates, to the organization that is paying you huge amounts of money and to the fans. I personally commend and respect the Preds for having the balls to actually enforce team rules.

He can go have all the parties and booze and girls he wants, just hopefully as far from Montreal as possible.
What a square post. Go ask some old guys what happened on the road trips in the 50's and 60's. These guys are angels in comparison.

If they play their best, don't care what they do off ice. Not our business.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:10 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Which guy was offered a contract and by whom?
These things are confidential to begin with. The point is, you don't know if they have or have not been offered contracts.

You only know that they have accepted no NHL contract.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
I doubt the conversation went like that... And if Kostitsyn had that much trouble finding television, cars and women that he needed to ask for help, he's ********.
Or... perhaps instead of being ******** it actually means that he may be (and I know this isn't a popular fact about some people around here), foreign!

Imagine that. Someone who doesn't speak English or French trying to make a big purchase like a car and wanting to communicate exactly what he wants in a more detailed way than picking up a brochure, holding it in front of a sales person and pointing at pictures shouting "DA. DA!"

Old
07-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Or... perhaps instead of being ******** it actually means that he may be (and I know this isn't a popular fact about some people around here), foreign!

Imagine that. Someone who doesn't speak English or French trying to make a big purchase like a car and wanting to communicate exactly what he wants in a more detailed way than picking up a brochure, holding it in front of a sales person and pointing at pictures shouting "DA. DA!"
Are you serious?

I'm sure that his agent or any number of non mafia related Montreal Canadiens employees could easily handle buying a car. Easily one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen on here? Da da...

Old
07-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
These things are confidential to begin with. The point is, you don't know if they have or have not been offered contracts.

You only know that they have accepted no NHL contract.
Not sure how you can chastise me when you have no proof to validate your point. All I know is that one guy ran back to Russia and the other guy hasn't had anyone show interest, a month after the free agent period was opened.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Not sure how you can chastise me when you have no proof to validate your point. All I know is that one guy ran back to Russia and the other guy hasn't had anyone show interest, a month after the free agent period was opened.
You mean, one guy went to hit pure gold in Russia and earn the single largest salary in the history of hockey. Id understand why he wouldn't accept a 5M contract here.

And the only thing you know about AK is that he hasn't signed. You dont have his agent's phone record, you don't know who called, what was offered. Nothing has been reported about him because he simply ain't one of the sought-after UFA, and therefore there isn't any point for any team to leak that "they show an interest in him".

You made my very point: you cannot prove anything regarding the team's proposal to either players. So don't hold up as proof to your argument that "team shown no interest in them" when you can't even proove it yourself.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Are you serious?

I'm sure that his agent or any number of non mafia related Montreal Canadiens employees could easily handle buying a car. Easily one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen on here? Da da...
Yeah, cos I'm sure any young player trying to settle into a new city without speaking the local language(s) very well want to run everything they do past their agent or someone from the team (most of whom won't speak Russian so "any number of" team employees probably would have some issue communicating with Andrei to a level both would be comfortable with). Is it that difficult to believe that he would rather try and make friends in a new city with people who he can communicate with and who could offer advice and provide him with help?

Yes, his agent or someone provided by the team to help him set up a home and get to grips with life in the city could help him but would he want to rely on them for everything? Besides, after the darkest day BS, wasn't it mentioned that management didn't do a lot to help him settle in? Pretty sure I remember hearing that. More likely (IMO) he'd try and develop a social circle of people he could spend time with and get help and advice without having to run to someone in an official capacity every time he wanted to go somewhere or buy something.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
well let me tell you that he did need help finding a home theatre set. He can barely talk/understand english back then. Mangiola was the guy that help him find his 10k home theatre and help AK set/wire it up.

So I guess he's ********... or just a guy that needs help in a new city.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:59 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
At this point it's irrelevant Kriss. I am telling you TEAM RULES go before any individual player. And thats the way it has to be. They didn't follow the rules they got suspended. There is NO further discussion. These two are blithering idiots anyway. I don't want EITHER of these players anywhere near my team. And yes i am really happy Goats traded Kosty.
They missed the curfew by 1 hour because they went to a ''no-drink'' restaurant that happened to be quite farther away than they thought. What a bunch of terrorists!

In the meantime players could have been drinking in their rooms.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
They missed the curfew by 1 hour because they went to a ''no-drink'' restaurant that happened to be quite farther away than they thought. What a bunch of terrorists!

In the meantime players could have been drinking in their rooms.
No bias here ! ^

Your point is invalid. Team rules are team rules. Thats all she wrote.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
No bias here ! ^

Your point is invalid. Team rules are team rules. Thats all she wrote.
Just curious. What bias? Because of the username I chose when Kostitsyn was a prospect and thought the name sounded cool? I have always been critical of AK but level headed enough to see his potential and use. I was even glad they acquired something for him before he went as a UFA but wouldn't mind him back because he's actually a good player.

Anyways they screwed up, I'm sure they didn't see the time fly or something and did not intend to miss the afore mentionned curfew. Obvious answer is obvious. Of course the anti-russian crowd assumed they were heavily drinking, snorting coke in some shady establishment with women you pay (evading auto-censor here), that was the first reflex and shows who really has ''bias'' in the hockey world. Now that we know the truth of it they are still labelled as poor teammates, to save face mostly.

You know who else screwed up? Trotz for suspending them more than one game (one was enough, if he wanted to send a message). His team lost, in no small part because they missed Kostitsyn and Radulov. Now both are gone, so is Suter and Weber would have left if he could. What a great ''team''.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Are you serious?

It's par for the course when it comes to that poster, he's been sucking on AK's teets for going on a decade now.

To his defense, it must be difficult to accept that the guy he was heralding as a franchise ppg forward for years is nothing but an NHL castaway at this point.

But yes, hilarious and absurd reach.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:36 PM
FinnHab

Doan seeks 30M per 4 years if he leave Coyotes?!?: Insane We dont need this guy, pass him Bergy!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

Closed Thread