HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
This game is amazing, will never get old.

I started a new season in the OHL with Niagara and wanted to end up in the NHL and winning the Stanley Cup, after 5 seasons in Niagara, 4 Memorial Cups and a WJC Gold medal coaching Russia, Devils wanted me to GM their team.

Had a crappy roster but I've been able to build a great core of guys in 2 seasons and in 3rd one I'm hoping to go to Conference Finals at the least.

Here it is my current roster:

Kane won the art ross last year with 71 goals and 75 assists for 146 points.

Last edited by Vasilevskiy: 07-29-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old
07-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
I might try that out someday. Starting in Juniors and eventually going to the NHL. The problem is my lack of patience, I rarely get through 2 seasons without getting bored!

Old
07-29-2012, 11:35 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfever View Post
I might try that out someday. Starting in Juniors and eventually going to the NHL. The problem is my lack of patience, I rarely get through 2 seasons without getting bored!
The Canadian hockey league is pretty fun for developing players because you get to see the turn over of your draft picks in only like 2 or 3 seasons, it is very fulfilling once you get the hang of it.

Old
07-30-2012, 06:06 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Hey, is there a beginners tutorial guide or something anywhere for EHM?
Since it seems like an awesome game but i don't know how to play it.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Hey, is there a beginners tutorial guide or something anywhere for EHM?
Since it seems like an awesome game but i don't know how to play it.
There is a PDF Guide that comes with the game.

07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
The Canadian hockey league is pretty fun for developing players because you get to see the turn over of your draft picks in only like 2 or 3 seasons, it is very fulfilling once you get the hang of it.
I just discovered the option "Quick sim" in Detail level. Wow that was what I was looking for, I hated those long, boring simulations. Now everything is quick. I simmed 2 seasons in less than 24 hours.

I Gm'ed The Quebec Remparts for 2 seasons. I decided to leave after 2 seasons because...well I traded every draft picks for good players. I was really unlucky in my last season. Grigorenko got injured for 8 ****ing months . He had, I think, 110 points in 38 games. With the team I had I could have made it to the Memorial cup easily. Sadly, I lost in 7 games in round 2 and I resigned from my position.

Right now I want to GM the U-20 team, then I'll look for a job in the AHL. If everything is fine I'll get a job in the NHL in 2015 or 2016.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
RO8

hey guys I just got a new laptop and am trying to install ehm 2007 on it but every link i find seems to have a virus with it, if anyone has a safe link I would really appreciate it

Old
07-30-2012, 12:38 PM
RO8

Quote:
I just discovered the option "Quick sim" in Detail level. Wow that was what I was looking for, I hated those long, boring simulations. Now everything is quick. I simmed 2 seasons in less than 24 hours.

I Gm'ed The Quebec Remparts for 2 seasons. I decided to leave after 2 seasons because...well I traded every draft picks for good players. I was really unlucky in my last season. Grigorenko got injured for 8 ****ing months . He had, I think, 110 points in 38 games. With the team I had I could have made it to the Memorial cup easily. Sadly, I lost in 7 games in round 2 and I resigned from my position.

Right now I want to GM the U-20 team, then I'll look for a job in the AHL. If everything is fine I'll get a job in the NHL in 2015 or 2016.
Yeah I usually quick sim as well, speeds it up a lot but sometimes you don't get as indepth with your team when simming that fast, but doing the lower leagues is pretty fun eh I like having the resume of work built up by the time I get an NHL job makes me feel like a bamf

Old
07-30-2012, 12:47 PM
fizban

Quote:
hey guys I just got a new laptop and am trying to install ehm 2007 on it but every link i find seems to have a virus with it, if anyone has a safe link I would really appreciate it
CNet is the one I usually use.

I don't think it has any viruses.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

damn, I should have stayed with Quebec...everywhere I apply, I don't get the job. I think I'll restart and change my reputation at the start and put like NHL All star or Hall of famer.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
It's faster, but at the expense of accuracy.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I'm not a big fan of stats. I basically only care about goals, assists, points +/- and hits

I just won a Memorial cup, my repution got to "Very Good". I guess I can go anywhere I want with that reputation

edit: **** yeah !!!!

Last edited by Chris Pronger: 07-30-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old
07-30-2012, 04:58 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post

Thank you I am checking it out now.

Quote:
What do you sim on?

Old
07-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
What do you sim on?
Full detail.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:35 PM
RO8

Quote:

So this link and every other I have tried always try to give me a trojan after installation when I try to launch the game. Running out of ideas.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Full detail.
I do set certain leagues to quick sim, like Denmark, Norway, Fin2&3, Slovenia, GB.
Full detail on all the North American leagues, CHL, Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia. Can't remember all of them from the top of my head.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:14 PM
mccaber16

XBOX 360 GM Connected Sim League

I am gauging interest for a Sim Only Xbox 360 GM connected league. I want to get a similar experience to online EHM with hardcore general manager enthusiasts. Check it out!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1239275

Old
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
So this link and every other I have tried always try to give me a trojan after installation when I try to launch the game. Running out of ideas.
Your virus thing is full of ****. Cnet isn't hosting files with trojans in them. Other people installed from the Cnet link and it's fine.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:20 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Going through a bit of a rebuild. I just traded my top center in a package deal for the first overall pick, and then traded down 3 or 4 times to get a total of 12 picks. The top of the draft class was pretty ordinary so I decided to go with the depth instead. It looks like I am going to have a rookie as my top center next season. I'm not worried because he is very promising and will be playing between Havlat and Gaborik regens.

My starting goalie isn't quite at franchise status yet, but he could definitely get there. I won't be surprised if he does or doesn't.

My defense is composed of promising guys in their mid-20's. Nobody is a clear-cut franchise defenseman yet, but they are all pretty reliable.

I anticipate a low playoff berth next year.

I could probably make some trades and signings to get back to winning, but I am just going to be patient.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:00 AM
RO8

Quote:
Your virus thing is full of ****. Cnet isn't hosting files with trojans in them. Other people installed from the Cnet link and it's fine.
Im going to try uninstalling again but go and delete every folder i can find related and try again but I can't really think of anything else. And yes I realize these links are working for others that is what is so troubling.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:01 AM
fizban

Quote:
This is true, but the one thing that Cnet does do now that it didn't used to, is try and get you to install other crap during the installation and you actually have to hit "cancel" on the offer in order to proceed with installation.

There's no way that Cnet is putting trojans on his computer though.

I'm wondering if RO8 already has a bad virus on his computer or something.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

How can I get my reputation up? Do I have to win every championship or what? I'm in the AHL and it's impossible to win the Calder cup with my team.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:51 AM
fizban

Quote:
How can I get my reputation up? Do I have to win every championship or what? I'm in the AHL and it's impossible to win the Calder cup with my team.
Switch teams.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Quote:
Switch teams.
eh..it sucks. Not realistic at all, I made the playoffs 3 years in a row with my average AHL team and gained nothing.

I'll just restart an NHL career and stay with this team for many years.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:28 PM
RO8

Quote:
This is true, but the one thing that Cnet does do now that it didn't used to, is try and get you to install other crap during the installation and you actually have to hit "cancel" on the offer in order to proceed with installation.

There's no way that Cnet is putting trojans on his computer though.

I'm wondering if RO8 already has a bad virus on his computer or something.
It is a brand new computer as of like sunday afternoon, and I haven't had any other problems with programs or games. I think avg is just recognizing one of the components as a threat when it is not really I just have to figure to how to allow it.

And sorry guys for diverting the thread.

Edit: Found out one of the key elisence files it was confusing for a trojan so after a while I was finally able to locate the exceptions and add just the one file and it all seems to be working now, thanks for bearing with me guys.

Last edited by RO8: 07-31-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread