HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

vCash: 500
So Josh Lindblom being out means Chris Reed getting called up? It's too bad that with the new CBA, we won't get a draft pick if Victorino walks.

And so long, Ethan Martin. What a bust. It's been four years since he was drafted and he still hasn't sniffed the majors.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

If Victorino resigns that is an incredible steal for Colletti.

Dude, Dodgers management is KILLING it with these moves.

Hanleywood for Eovaldi, Victorino for Lindblom.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Lol, I know it's gotta be weird, but he's a great guy and gives 100% He's more of a team pest than an *******. A guy you hate unless he's playing for your team. Plus he's been better over the past month after a bad start. Hopefully, the trade invigorates him even further.

Just give him a chance, you'll start to like him
Yeah, I don't recall the incident a couple of years ago that well, but I should give him a chance...after all, I think the Dodgers started it anyway.

07-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If Victorino resigns that is an incredible steal for Colletti.

Dude, Dodgers management is KILLING it with these moves.

Hanleywood for Eovaldi, Victorino for Lindblom.

I want Hamilton but re-signing Victorino is not a bad plan B. I still believe in Dee Gordon and his hitting will improve so much batting in front of him, Kemp, Ethier, and Hanley.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I want Hamilton but re-signing Victorino is not a bad plan B. I still believe in Dee Gordon and his hitting will improve so much batting in front of him, Kemp, Ethier, and Hanley.
Yea I think if we can get DeJesus to be a pro major league 2nd baseman....Ellis is too good to be hitting in the bottom of a lineup..but it's hard to not put Victorino up there if he is available.

Gordon
Victorino
Ethier
Kemp
Ramirez

That is a SICK 1-5.

Also have I mentioned how much I love that Brandon League pick up? That guys is a HELL of a reliever.

I know a lot of Dodgers fans are butt hurt right now (Don't ever go to their forums unless you want to kill yourself. They are so horrible.)

In:
Victorino
League
Ramirez

Out:
Lindblom
Eovaldi
Ethan Martin

I mean...that looks like highway robbery to me. That's 3 all-star players for a future 3-4 pitcher, an average reliever, and a good pitching prospect who was never going to make it with our organization.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:07 PM
jml87

Pence going to San Fran.

Next time Dodgers play in AT&T park, hit it to right field. I guarantee Pence will have no idea what he's doing out there with the way that ball travels.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Did the Giants just overpay for Pence in response to us getting Victorino?

Old
07-31-2012, 01:11 PM
jml87

Quote:
Did the Giants just overpay for Pence in response to us getting Victorino?
Meh, not really. The centerpiece of the deal isn't the greatest and we didn't really get Belt or Brown who were the guys we really wanted. Giants are taking on all his salary which is what the Phillies really wanted.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Meh, not really. The centerpiece of the deal isn't the greatest and we didn't really get Belt or Brown who were the guys we really wanted. Giants are taking on all his salary which is what the Phillies really wanted.
Right on right on.

I wasn't sure. I knew Schierholtz wasn't really a big time deal but those two prospects I literally knew nothing about. That +cash should have given it away that the Phillies didn't get much in the return heh.

Tommy Joseph I hear is a good pick up though.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:29 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Victorino has kicked the Dodgers d**** in many times over the last few years, happy to have him.

Damn the Dodgers are really showing some hunger with these moves.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
jml87

Quote:
Right on right on.

I wasn't sure. I knew Schierholtz wasn't really a big time deal but those two prospects I literally knew nothing about. That +cash should have given it away that the Phillies didn't get much in the return heh.

Tommy Joseph I hear is a good pick up though.
He's their number 2 prospect in a blah system with a significant upside. Numbers aren't the greatest right now, but scouts have been saying this a great pickup for the Phils so we will see.

Based on what both teams gave up, I'd say Dodgers got the better deal. Pence is better power hitter and RBI guy but if Victorino picks up the pace like he has been, then I like him better. I know I mentioned Pence being better a few weeks ago but that was before Vic started his hitting resurgence.

Few other +s for Victorino
- Postseason experience, he has some of the greatest, clutch hits in Phillies postseason history
- Great outfielder, covers ground quickly and makes some awesome grabs out there
- When he's on, he is on. It seems like he can hit anything. It gets annoying when he goes cold and starts with the popups but it usually doesn't last for long. I think his issues this year have been his worries about his contract status and trying to do too much on a struggling team. Now that he's back in a lineup that can hit, I think he'll go back to what he does best.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Dawdler

I've always been a big fan of Victorino and was a bit sad when the Dodgers lost him in the Rule V.

He did annoy me a little bit during the Dodgers/Phils playoff games but thats a guy you want on your team. He understands the game and tries to play it like you should.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
I dont think they will resign Victorino, they just spent all of that money on Puig and they arent going to block him.

As much as I hated the Cryin Hawaiian after the "Not My Head Bra" incident, you read about his work with the Boys and Girls club and you can tell he is a good guy. He should be that spark we need at the top of the order.

The big question is who is going to get DFA'd. League is taking Lindbolms spot and the released Antonini to make a spot on the 40 man. I think it could finally be the end of Uribe in a Dodger uniform.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:10 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
So Josh Lindblom being out means Chris Reed getting called up? It's too bad that with the new CBA, we won't get a draft pick if Victorino walks.

And so long, Ethan Martin. What a bust. It's been four years since he was drafted and he still hasn't sniffed the majors.
I was friends with the dude in middle school! Sick.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I dont think they will resign Victorino, they just spent all of that money on Puig and they arent going to block him.

As much as I hated the Cryin Hawaiian after the "Not My Head Bra" incident, you read about his work with the Boys and Girls club and you can tell he is a good guy. He should be that spark we need at the top of the order.

The big question is who is going to get DFA'd. League is taking Lindbolms spot and the released Antonini to make a spot on the 40 man. I think it could finally be the end of Uribe in a Dodger uniform.
I keep forgetting that we have this guy waiting in the wings for Left field.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
I keep forgetting that we have this guy waiting in the wings for Left field.
He signed a 7-year deal. Do we lose a year on his contract even though he's not gonna make the bigs this year?

We didn't get a starter we wanted like Dempster. I have an idea. Call up Zach Lee already! He's not gonna learn anything pitching in that bandbox in Querque. Kershaw only pitched one full year in the minors before he got called up in 2008. It's Lee's turn now.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM
no name

Quote:
Yea I think if we can get DeJesus to be a pro major league 2nd baseman....Ellis is too good to be hitting in the bottom of a lineup..but it's hard to not put Victorino up there if he is available.

Gordon
Victorino
Ethier
Kemp
Ramirez

That is a SICK 1-5.

Also have I mentioned how much I love that Brandon League pick up? That guys is a HELL of a reliever.

I know a lot of Dodgers fans are butt hurt right now (Don't ever go to their forums unless you want to kill yourself. They are so horrible.)

In:
Victorino
League
Ramirez

Out:
Lindblom
Eovaldi
Ethan Martin

I mean...that looks like highway robbery to me. That's 3 all-star players for a future 3-4 pitcher, an average reliever, and a good pitching prospect who was never going to make it with our organization.
If we are hoping for a prospect to take over 2b it will be Castellanos who is the best hitting 2b prospect in the minors. His defense needs work since he was converted from LF last year.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
no name

Quote:
The Giants give up the 2nd best catching prospect in baseball, a really good RP prospect and a guy who has been a key factor of their recent playoff experiences. That's a lot but the have catcher and RP set and they get a guy who is 28 and under contract. Good deal for both sides in my opinion.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:43 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post

Piug is 2 years away at least. He's an extremely raw 20 year old and has not played baseball in a full year. I wouldn't mind offering Victorino a 5/50 contract that is heavily frontloaded and allows flexability of a future trade.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
The Giants give up the 2nd best catching prospect in baseball, a really good RP prospect and a guy who has been a key factor of their recent playoff experiences. That's a lot but the have catcher and RP set and they get a guy who is 28 and under contract. Good deal for both sides in my opinion.
I wasn't saying it was a bad deal, just saying they didn't overpay. Phillies also have 3 above average to great catching prospects so I was just hoping more for an infielder or even an outfielder. Still, I'm happy with the return.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Piug is 2 years away at least. He's an extremely raw 20 year old and has not played baseball in a full year. I wouldn't mind offering Victorino a 5/50 contract that is heavily frontloaded and allows flexability of a future trade.
I couldnt do 5 years with Victorino.

I realize Puig most likely wont get the call up until September 2013 but I also dont see management blocking him unless its for someone like a Hamilton. They put him on the 40 man roster for a reason I am assuming, he wouldnt be eligible for the Rule 5 draft for another few years.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Looks like the Dodgers are still hungover from the sweep of the Midgets.

Old
08-03-2012, 06:06 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Dodgers got Blanton off Waivers, and also claimed Lee although its a long shot we get him.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Ned is trying to copy Deano.

Philly west...baseball style!

Old
08-03-2012, 10:29 PM
jml87

Blanton runs hot and cold. He can have great games but have atrocious ones. Good pick up for relatively nothing. When he's doing well, I'd consider him a #3 pitcher in the rotation.

And amaro is only willing to deal Lee for a package that blows him away. For him to go to Texas in July, I think Profar would've had to be coming back. The dodgers just don't have anyone like that in their system.

Closed Thread