HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eric Godard

Old
07-30-2012, 12:45 PM
ninetynine*

vCash: 500
Eric Godard

Will he get a contract in the NHL?

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:57 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Probably training camp invite and then 2-way contract.

McDonald19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

No, he cant do anything but fight and spent last season as a healthy scratch in the AHL.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
No, he cant do anything but fight and spent last season as a healthy scratch in the AHL.
He played most of the season... Do some research before you regurgitate other people's stupid comments.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:30 PM
candyman82

I think he ends up somewhere in the AHL

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
He played most of the season... Do some research before you regurgitate other people's stupid comments.
Wasn't aware 46 games was most of the season, especially for someone as experienced as him.

1 goal is not promising, either. Now who isn't doing their research?

This guy showed up on the Stars' board several times, and tried to tell us how Godard should be in the NHL, he's being wasted in the AHL, etc.

Godard's career is over. His breed of player is pretty much dead. All he can do is fight, he literally has next to no skill at all (and his stats show that). He's not getting an NHL contract, an AHL contract, or any contract. European teams don't need what he brings, and NHL and AHL teams aren't interested.

Deal with it, that's the truth.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Being bought out by a team that has tons of money to spend burying his 1 way contract in the AHL is not a good sign for his future NHL prospects

Old
07-30-2012, 08:46 PM
J Murda

I would like to see Godard sign somewhere in the KHL. He might be a decent deal for a team in the Bobrov division that has to deal with Vityaz a few times. He was always one of my favourite fighters, especially with the Flames, and I it would be cool if he could get a little ice time somewhere and hopefully resurrect his career...and beat some heads in while he's at it.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
What?
Maybe he doesn't realize that Godard was in the AHL all last season? That the Stars traded their fighter Krys Barch for almost nothing, and didn't call Godard up? That Dallas relied on Jake Dowell to do the fighting when it was necessary?

Latvian either gets the "10000000 posts in 2 years so shutup" or the "neWb fan is dumb so shutup" responses and it is fantastic

Old
07-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Primetimey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
spoken like a true new nhl fan the league has targeted
What does this post even mean?

Everything he posted was true.

- Regular scratch in the AHL
- Bought out by Dallas because he has little skill and goons are no longer needed
- Doubtful he will get an AHL contract and his career could likely be over

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:28 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Maybe he doesn't realize that Godard was in the AHL all last season? That the Stars traded their fighter Krys Barch for almost nothing, and didn't call Godard up? That Dallas relied on Jake Dowell to do the fighting when it was necessary?

Latvian either gets the "10000000 posts in 2 years so shutup" or the "neWb fan is dumb so shutup" responses and it is fantastic
Lol, fighting is only fun for the fans. Last offseason showed us the reality of what a fighter's life is like, and I think it'll be good for him to retire, honestly.

Lol I'm not even new. People just don't like being refuted, even if they're dead wrong.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:44 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Wasn't aware 46 games was most of the season, especially for someone as experienced as him.

1 goal is not promising, either. Now who isn't doing their research?

This guy showed up on the Stars' board several times, and tried to tell us how Godard should be in the NHL, he's being wasted in the AHL, etc.

Godard's career is over. His breed of player is pretty much dead. All he can do is fight, he literally has next to no skill at all (and his stats show that). He's not getting an NHL contract, an AHL contract, or any contract. European teams don't need what he brings, and NHL and AHL teams aren't interested.

Deal with it, that's the truth.
46 of 76 games (AHL standard this year) is most of the season, not to mention he took up a veteran spot when he played, if he didn't he'd probably play more.

This type of player dead? Nope, Westgarth, Parros, Biznasty, Hordichuk, Matt Kassian, Reaves, Barch, Janssen, Rupp nowadays, Shelley, Boulton, MacIntyre, John Scott...

There's room for more, just not on your ***** team.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
This type of player dead? Nope, Westgarth, Parros, Biznasty, Hordichuk, Matt Kassian, Reaves, Barch, Janssen, Rupp nowadays, Shelley, Boulton, MacIntyre, John Scott...
Yea I'm sure not having any of those players is making the Stars worse.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
46 of 76 games (AHL standard this year) is most of the season, not to mention he took up a veteran spot when he played, if he didn't he'd probably play more.

There's room for more, just not on your ***** team.
46 is nowhere near most of the season. And he played maybe 10 minutes a game max when he did, mostly because we had other players injured.

Most of these players either play next to no games a year or can actually play hockey. Instead of just spewing out names and making insulting remarks toward the Stars, why don't you actually do some research yourself (like you told us to), and figure out that this breed of player is dying out, that there's no place for them in today's NHL.

Westgarth - 25 games, 5:15 TOI per game. Definitely more skilled than Godard, though.
Parros - 46 games, 6:22 TOI per game. Again, pretty obviously more skilled than Godard.
Bissonnette - 31 games, 6:04 TOI per game. Coyotes were not a deep team offensively though, but he's still better than Godard.
Hordichuk - 43 games, 4:21 TOI per game.

Do I really have to continue? No one on this list played more than 50 games besides Reaves and Rupp, and everyone on that list is significantly more skilled than Eric Godard. These aren't NHL regulars, they're call-ups, and as teams continue to develop more skilled players and better depth, these players won't be around much longer. I get that you have a man crush on Godard or something, but seriously, step back and take a look. You're dead wrong.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
46 is nowhere near most of the season. And he played maybe 10 minutes a game max when he did, mostly because we had other players injured.

Most of these players either play next to no games a year or can actually play hockey. Instead of just spewing out names and making insulting remarks toward the Stars, why don't you actually do some research yourself (like you told us to), and figure out that this breed of player is dying out, that there's no place for them in today's NHL.

Westgarth - 25 games, 5:15 TOI per game. Definitely more skilled than Godard, though.
Parros - 46 games, 6:22 TOI per game. Again, pretty obviously more skilled than Godard.
Bissonnette - 31 games, 6:04 TOI per game. Coyotes were not a deep team offensively though, but he's still better than Godard.
Hordichuk - 43 games, 4:21 TOI per game.

Do I really have to continue? No one on this list played more than 50 games besides Reaves and Rupp, and everyone on that list is significantly more skilled than Eric Godard. These aren't NHL regulars, they're call-ups, and as teams continue to develop more skilled players and better depth, these players won't be around much longer. I get that you have a man crush on Godard or something, but seriously, step back and take a look. You're dead wrong.

Learn the definition of the word "most"

NEWS FLASH: everybody knows these guys don't play that much, but they add plenty off the ice and when they do play

Not all of those men I listed are more skilled than Godard, and I didn't even include them all, McGrattan for one. Janssen, McGrattan, Hordichuk, and Westgarth are NOT more skilled than Godard, who played more than 70 games in a season twice in the same era as the first three I mentioned. He regularly played 5+mins a night for the cup champion 2009 Pens and the 08 Playoff Flames [remember what a playoff is ].

Fact is, YOU'RE dead wrong. The Stars are soft, period. Eric Nystrom is your fighter

Tell the Atlantic division "goons" are going away... In actual fact, they'll probably have a better year next year than they did this one after the unfortunate off-season.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two, so I'm done with you.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:17 PM
ninetynine*

Not to mention, do you know the AHL veteran rules? Apparently not...

Not to mention, Barch and Eric Boulton [I didn't mention him, but 0 points in 51 games..gee I wonder what his role is...] also played more than 50 and both got signed this summer, yes, even Boulton, Mr.nopoints who you think is irrelevant got a 1-way contract.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Primetimey

Talk about a raging bull. You might want to step away from the computer because smoke is coming out of your ears.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Primetimey

Quote:

Learn the definition of the word "most"
Most - The majority of; nearly all of

46/76 = 60%

Please don't try to convince anyone here how that is most of the season. 80% + would be MOST of the season.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:32 PM
BuriesIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post

46/76 = 60%

Please don't try to convince anyone here how that is most of the season. 80% + would be MOST of the season.

ma·jor·i·ty   [muh-jawr-i-tee, -jor-]
noun, plural ma·jor·i·ties.
the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/majority

BuriesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post

46/76 = 60%

Read the bolded part He did play MOST of the season.

EDIT: Thanks BuriesIt, you beat me to it.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:59 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Read the bolded part He did play MOST of the season.

EDIT: Thanks BuriesIt, you beat me to it.
This is a situation when the denotation is really up to you on what it means. 60% is definitely not most, even though it is a majority.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
This is a situation when the denotation is really up to you on what it means. 60% is definitely not most, even though it is a majority.
Eric Nystrom as the Stars only fighter

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Eric Nystrom as the Stars only fighter
The team has done fine without a good fighter for the last few years. The only evidence that anyone needs about Godard is that he is a much better fighter than anyone on the Stars roster yet they chose to buy him out.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
The team has done fine without a good fighter for the last few years. The only evidence that anyone needs about Godard is that he is a much better fighter than anyone on the Stars roster yet they chose to buy him out.
Barch was with you until December of last year, what are you talking about? Not to mention...the Stars haven't done fine in years....LOL

Old
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Barch was with you until December of last year, what are you talking about? Not to mention...the Stars haven't done fine in years....LOL
missing the playoffs is considered "fine" and all the empty seats last year prove how well this team does financially without a fighter

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote