HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sabres re-sign Patrick Kaleta (3 years, $1.25M per)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2012, 03:03 PM
  #26
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
reporterchris The AAV on Patrick Kaleta's new three-year deal with the #sabres is $1.25 million.
Looks like it's 1.25 per. https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...91619390681088

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
  #27
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Average fourth liner talent wise, getting less and less effective as an agitator as the opposition figures him out. He's fun to laugh at as an opposing fan.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
  #28
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Average fourth liner talent wise, getting less and less effective as an agitator as the opposition figures him out. He's fun to laugh at as an opposing fan.
maybe less effective there, but his D game and PK ability has gotten much MUCH better.

Sabreality is online now  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
  #29
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Good deal, IMO. Can't stand him and the way he plays. I wonder what is the general opinion of Kaleta around the league. I mean, most players need to know if he's on the ice and watch for his dangerous plays.

Uber Coca is online now  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
  #30
barcs
Registered User
 
barcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Downright tenacious PKer. Can't wait to watch him for the next 3 years.

barcs is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
  #31
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
maybe less effective there, but his D game and PK ability has gotten much MUCH better.
Agreed. He's going to be relied on heavily on the PK and he's an excellent shot blocker (well, he does get hurt blocking shots because he was no regard for his own body). Plus he still can chip in 5-10 goals.

Durability is the big question, but at 1.25 per for 3 years this is a great signing for the Sabres.

Plus, he was 23rd in the league in penalties drawn/60 (min 30 games played), so he still does his job and puts the Sabres on the PP. He doesn't go for the huge hits as much though...

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
  #32
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Average fourth liner talent wise, getting less and less effective as an agitator as the opposition figures him out. He's fun to laugh at as an opposing fan.
I hope opposing teams underrate him as much as lots of fans on here do.

vcv is online now  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
  #33
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BruinsBtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,543
vCash: 500
I will savour the day that Ott and Kaleta cost the Sabres a playoff game with selfish penalties.

You know it's coming.

BruinsBtn is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:22 PM
  #34
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Agreed. He's going to be relied on heavily on the PK and he's an excellent shot blocker (well, he does get hurt blocking shots because he was no regard for his own body). Plus he still can chip in 5-10 goals.

Durability is the big question, but at 1.25 per for 3 years this is a great signing for the Sabres.

Plus, he was 23rd in the league in penalties drawn/60 (min 30 games played), so he still does his job and puts the Sabres on the PP. He doesn't go for the huge hits as much though...
Because he gets called for charging every time, with no regard for whether that's actually what he did.
In any case, he still draws penalties, PKs effectively, and embraces his role on the team.

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
  #35
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,435
vCash: 500
Awards:
Eh, seems about the ballpark for compensation. Not keen on the three year term.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
  #36
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
Stellar! Love having a loser like him/Ott who goes around trying to injure all game long; it "pokes the bear" with the Bruins and leads to the Bruins playing better and usually winning both fights and on the scoreboard.


Last edited by PatriceBergeronFan: 07-31-2012 at 03:40 PM.
PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
  #37
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
roll the dice

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:40 PM
  #38
PoundCake
Go Bolts!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
I'm gonna guess 2yrs...

...worth of free passes to Lego Land



PoundCake is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
  #39
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
I'm happy with this. Patty is reinventing himself a bit as a PK-er/defensive forward, but I still think he has un-tapped offensive upside.

dire wolf is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:49 PM
  #40
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
It does not at all. There is a difference between agitating and crossing the line occasionally (Marchand), plus his lame dives, and what a player like Kaleta and Ott do, going around attempting to injure on every single shift.
It's a little bit hard to swallow this comment from a guy whose name and avatar feature Nathan Horton with the saying "Saints we Ain't"

dire wolf is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:52 PM
  #41
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
It's a little bit hard to swallow this comment from a guy whose name and avatar feature Nathan Horton with the saying "Saints we Ain't"
Again, crossing the line sometimes is different than every. single. shift. with Kaleta and Ott....

I personally love the type of "crossing the line" the Bruins do; get pissed at cheapshots and losing and just go into angry smash mode (although no one can beat Chara-Smash!). I don't like the crossing the line of the Ott's, Kaleta's, and Cooke's (and yes sometimes Marchand too).

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM
  #42
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,789
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
It does not at all. There is a difference between agitating and crossing the line occasionally (Marchand), plus his lame dives, and what a player like Kaleta and Ott do, going around attempting to injure on every single shift.

And HA, Kaleta wasn't "standing up", he was getting his ass handed to him because of the way he plays the game.
Yep, every shift. Every single shift. I'm sure you were keeping factual tabs on Steve Ott when he was in Dallas and this isn't because hes in Buffalo now.

Apart from Kaleta's retarded headbutt which made him look like a complete jackass to even the most diehard Sabres fan he did nothing last year besides play great D and penalty kill. It was almost disappointing.

Oh wait that didn't happen he was attempting to injure every shift.

Moskau is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
  #43
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
It does not at all. There is a difference between agitating and crossing the line occasionally (Marchand), plus his lame dives, and what a player like Kaleta and Ott do, going around attempting to injure on every single shift.

And HA, Kaleta wasn't "standing up", he was getting his ass handed to him because of the way he plays the game.
If Marchand is so "occasional" about it, why is his disciplinary history over the past two years longer than Kaleta's?

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:57 PM
  #44
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,624
vCash: 500
I absolutely loathe Patrick Kaleta...but I guess that means he's doing his job.

A good deal for the Sabres, most of Buffalo loves this guy, hometown kid.

silverfish is online now  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
  #45
MyersMagic57*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
At least kaleta doesn't run over goalies

MyersMagic57* is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 03:59 PM
  #46
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,789
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
It's a little bit hard to swallow this comment from a guy whose name and avatar feature Nathan Horton with the saying "Saints we Ain't"
He attempts to injure every single shift man, Ott and him both.

So not only does Kaleta NEVER drop the gloves, he also sucks at injuring people. Seeing how he injured zero people last year even though he tried to on 1142 consecutive shifts.

Moskau is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 04:00 PM
  #47
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 500
Oh, here's more hysteria: since Marchand entered the league on a full-time basis, he's been suspended both for more games and more times than Kaleta and Ott combined.

And both Ott and Kaleta have fought more times individually in that span than Marchand's entire pro career.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 04:00 PM
  #48
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Yep, every shift. Every single shift. I'm sure you were keeping factual tabs on Steve Ott when he was in Dallas and this isn't because hes in Buffalo now.

Apart from Kaleta's retarded headbutt which made him look like a complete jackass to even the most diehard Sabres fan he did nothing last year besides play great D and penalty kill. It was almost disappointing.

Oh wait that didn't happen he was attempting to injure every shift.
Buffalo doesn't even register on my radar as threats to the Bruins winning the division... so no. Ott has a known reputation as a dirty scum player from his days in Dallas alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
If Marchand is so "occasional" about it, why is his disciplinary history over the past two years longer than Kaleta's?
Marchand happens to have elbowed a guy in the back of the head while skating by him and also hipchecking a glass man in Salo in an extremely controversial, well-publicized game against the Canucks, as a result of which the league had to defend itself and make the Bruins out to be the bad guys on behalf of the officiating crew. That is pretty occasional.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
  #49
lifeisruff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: wny
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Kaleta gets a lot more hate then he deserves. He took a lot of penalties on clean hits based on reputation last year.

Still skill wise he has regressed a lot. A few years ago he was top 5 in league for penalties drawn/ toi and the offense isn't where it used to be. He's overpaid if he gets more than a $1.25 mil cap hit.
Kaleta's game has evolved to be more then a pest, he's one of our top shot blockers and PK killers.

lifeisruff is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
  #50
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Again, crossing the line sometimes is different than every. single. shift. with Kaleta and Ott....

I personally love the type of "crossing the line" the Bruins do; get pissed at cheapshots and losing and just go into angry smash mode (although no one can beat Chara-Smash!). I don't like the crossing the line of the Ott's, Kaleta's, and Cooke's (and yes sometimes Marchand too).
so then you hate milan lucic, i presume?

kirby11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.