HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton/Caution: Eberle to Boston

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
oil4life14

vCash: 500
If Eberle or Hall are going to beantown, it would be Hamilton++ coming back imo.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
Boston
Jordan Eberle
Ryan Whitney

Edmonton
David Krejci
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st round pick
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron/Jared Knight

I think Edmonton gets some really nice pieces here for their team that add versatility, cost certainty, and toughness that go along way towards making them a more complete team and a contender for a Stanley Cup.

:-)
Pass. The only way I would consider trading Eberle is if an elite defender was coming back in return.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:16 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I would do eberle for seguin and Hamilton though, and even then I would have to think about it.
And we have a new leader for the 2012 HFBoards Stupid Post of The Year Award. There's not a chance in hell that Boston would even think of trading one of those guys for Eberle let alone both of them. You really need to take off those homer glasses before making posts like this.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Anyway to pick up Krejci without involving Eberle/Hall/RNH/Yakupov/Seguin/Hamilton?

Old
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life14 View Post
Talk about under valuing a player. This is the worst proposal in the thread so far. Awful just awful.

Why on earth would the oilers trade Ebs for that? Please explain.
They wouldnt but its closer to fair. I dont see why Eberle would be traded unless it brings back a number 1 or 2 dman or an elite goalie.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Well you wouldn't have to keep your 4 first round draft picks under this scenario. And while the deal is certainly quantity, I also think it has good quality as well.

RNH - Hall and Krejci - Yak with Caron or Knight capable of moving up and down the lineup to bang heads and create space. Boychuck moving into your top 4 who can bang more heads and add toughness. The experience as well, with a couple Cup champions. Then you could use your 4 1st rounders to make other moves as you see fit. I included the 2 1sts not because I think you guys should rebuild for another 2 years, but because of their value. :-)
It still doesn't help the Oilers as much as you think it does. It's an unnecessary trade that certainly doesn't make much sense in their POV. The Oilers need to turn the corner, and you want them to trade the oldest one of the Big 4, that was a near ppg in his second season? (PS. I think you overvalue LATE 1st round picks)

Old
07-31-2012, 04:22 PM
MeestaDeteta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
And we have a new leader for the 2012 HFBoards Stupid Post of The Year Award. There's not a chance in hell that Boston would even think of trading one of those guys for Eberle let alone both of them. You really need to take off those homer glasses before making posts like this.
I think Eberle for Seguin is pretty close to fair value, but I'm sure neither team would do it. Adding in Hamilton though does make it extremely lopsided.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:22 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Anyway to pick up Krecji without involving Eberle/Hall/RNH/Yakupov/Seguin/Hamilton?
2013 1st if you promise to suck next year.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Anyway to pick up Krejci without involving Eberle/Hall/RNH/Yakupov/Seguin/Hamilton?
Possibly, Klefbom,or Musil as a start, probably need to add something fairly significant.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
belair

Quote:
2013 1st if you promise to suck next year.
Make no promises, tell no lies.

But if you're a betting man who keeps his eyes on the trends, I'd say you'd be in pretty good shape.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Jtown

This proposal got sidetracked. But honestly, the oilers would be silly not to accept that package for Eberle. Those are some serious pieces coming back. Krecji gets no love on HFBOARDS

Old
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
MeestaDeteta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This proposal got sidetracked. But honestly, the oilers would be silly not to accept that package for Eberle. Those are some serious pieces coming back. Krecji gets no love on HFBOARDS
Krejci is the main piece coming back, and I highly doubt he'll put up as good of numbers on the Oilers as he did with the Bruins. Two late 1sts don't peak my interest either.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:32 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
I agree that it's a solid trade valuewise but would you trade Giroux for that package?
I know that Giroux is better than Eberle but the point is that it's not enough in return for the Oilers star player who continues to make huge strides forward every season and a kid who happens to love Edmonton (grew up as an Oiler fan).

Old
07-31-2012, 04:35 PM
belair

Quote:
Aside from Krejci, those are lukewarm pieces coming back.

It's been said already in this thread that the Oilers don't need, nor have space for quantity in return for one of their elite forwards. Eberle is already better than Krejci and is just 22-years-old on his first NHL contract. Add to that Whitney being better than Johnny Boychuk and you've got yourself one hell of a lopsided deal. And one that isn't going to be levelled out with two LATE firsts and a throw in prospect.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
Krejci is the main piece coming back, and I highly doubt he'll put up as good of numbers on the Oilers as he did with the Bruins.
It's obviously speculation, but I think he would put up more points. Put Yak on his wing and give him some power play time with those guys. It's tough to put up more than 60-70 points in the Bruins system.

Look what Wheeler and Ryder did this past year, both with 60+ points.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Krejci to put up 80 points on that Oiler team.

In fact, I might not want to trade him anymore. lol.

Old
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I agree that it's a solid trade valuewise but would you trade Giroux for that package?
I know that Giroux is better than Eberle but the point is that it's not enough in return for the Oilers star player who continues to make huge strides forward every season and a kid who happens to love Edmonton (grew up as an Oiler fan).

imo id do this deal every day of the week. That is a package that you guys will never see for eberle. At one point one of the big 4 may have to be traded and this trade would be a huge package.

Old
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
I like Krejci but the Oilers are done trying to acquire draft picks ect for top line players

Gagner, Whitney, 2013 1st for Krejci and Boychuk?

Old
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
bbfan419

While I would love to have Eberle with the Bruins, I would still pass, Whitney is overpaid and not what I would want, also Krejci is a valuable piece to give up, and the 2-1st rounders nope to this. Neither team makes this deal, and Seguin and Hamilton are going nowhere I would not give up one alone for Eberle straight up.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:41 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
imo id do this deal every day of the week. That is a package that you guys will never see for eberle. At one point one of the big 4 may have to be traded and this trade would be a huge package.
Eberle is just coming off of a 76 pt season in only his 2nd season plus the intangibles and his love for Edmonton.
His value is absolutely through the roof right now. Krejci is a good, solid center and i like Boychuk as a solid, physical 2nd pairing defenseman but there is no way that Eberle gets traded for anything short of Seguin off the Bruins roster and even then, i don't think that Tambellini would do that trade straight up.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:41 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I don't think so, although there are some pieces I like in there.

Let us know if you want to move seguin for some complimentary pieces though. My assumption is no.

I would do eberle for seguin and Hamilton though, and even then I would have to think about it. Ebs just came off a 76 point season as a sophomore, so he's not going anywhere,

And no thanks, not worth blowing up our prospect pool (via prospects + those 1sts) for one young player in Edmonton and a vet injury prone defenseman.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
I like Krejci but the Oilers are done trying to acquire draft picks ect for top line players

Gagner, Whitney, 2013 1st for Krejci and Boychuk?
I wouldn't trade Boychuk alone for that package. Seriously.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
redsox7327

Believe it or not, Krejci actually outproduced Eberle if you compare both players full second seasons in the NHL. You never know what the future has in store.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Boston
Jordan Eberle
Ryan Whitney

Edmonton
David Krejci
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st round pick
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron/Jared Knight

I think Edmonton gets some really nice pieces here for their team that add versatility, cost certainty, and toughness that go along way towards making them a more complete team and a contender for a Stanley Cup.

:-)
Krejci is a nice player, but he's a little less valuable than Eberle IMO and he is redundant in Edmonton. With Hopkins and Gagner as our top 6 centers Krejci isn't a player we need. Trading Eberle for a redundant asset and multiple picks doesn't work. The picks are nice, and make this a very fair deal, but thats going backwards for Edmonton. Krejci and 2 late 1sts equals Eberle's value no doubt but it doesn't make sense from Edmontons perspective, as we already have a large prospect pool as it is. Boychuck and Caron(Knight is a smaller skill player, so he's less attractive to our needs) for Whitney is obviously a win for Edmonton, as nobody can say if Whitney will recover (if he did this wouldn't get it done IMO). However because of the chance Whitney does rebound, i don't think this is enogh of a win for Edmonton to consider the Eberle for Krejci part of the swap. This deal just doesn't suit Edmonton's needs. We don't need picks, nor do we need playmaking centers. If Edmonton was going to move one of the young guns we would need a power forward with size or a big two way center. That means Lucic and Bergeron are likely to be the targets, which Boston like Edmonton with Eberle, is probably unwilling to give up.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:48 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I wouldn't trade Boychuk alone for that package. Seriously.
Each one of those pieces holds more value than Boychuk on their own.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Believe it or not, Krejci actually outproduced Eberle if you compare both players full second seasons in the NHL. You never know what the future has in store.
Then keep him. Don't even know why you're trying to get rid of him in the first place.

Closed Thread