HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton/Caution: Eberle to Boston

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
redsox7327

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Then keep him. Don't even know why you're trying to get rid of him in the first place.
Because I saw what happened after the second season. :-)

No, I still really like Krejci, though. Just trying to put together an interesting trade.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Not an absolutely terrible proposal but I'll counter with:

Seguin
McQuaid

Gagner
2013 1st
Nick Schultz
David Musil

Edit: before 20 more people quote this post...I know proposal is bad, I was offering a package similar to the OP. Value/quality going one way, quantity of lower value pieces going the other way.
You sure took care of the terrible proposal part. Spare parts and unknowns are not getting you a top young player.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:53 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
And we have a new leader for the 2012 HFBoards Stupid Post of The Year Award. There's not a chance in hell that Boston would even think of trading one of those guys for Eberle let alone both of them. You really need to take off those homer glasses before making posts like this.
Sorry, but you're crazy if you wouldn't trade a top CHL defenseman for one of the young, future stars in the NHL and this is coming from a Calgary fan.
I hold Baertschi and Hamilton on similar values and I would trade Sven ++ for Eberle any day of the week. Eberle will become a consistant 75-80 point player.

Old
07-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Lol

"not a player on Boston I would trade for Eberle".... Guess you like collecting high draft picks... Bergeron and Chara both are worth far more than Eberle.
The same Chara that is already 35 and likely only has a couple or a few good years lef

Or Eberle who's rights are maintained for guaranteed 5 years more, longer if the owners get their way in negotiations with UFA. Eberle is also cheaper, best friends with Hall, grew up an oiler fan, is from western canada so doesnt hate winter, drafted and developed by the team, world junior hero, very marketable etc

Chara may have more value around the league or to Boston but in Edmonton its Eberle > Chara

Old
07-31-2012, 04:54 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Sorry, but you're crazy if you wouldn't trade a top CHL defenseman for one of the young, future stars in the NHL and this is coming from a Calgary fan.
I hold Baertschi and Hamilton on similar values and I would trade Sven ++ for Eberle any day of the week. Eberle will become a consistant 75-80 point player.
Plus Seguin, who is better than Eberle already?

Old
07-31-2012, 04:55 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
The same Chara that is already 35 and likely only has a couple or a few good years lef

Or Eberle who's rights are maintained for guaranteed 5 years more, longer if the owners get their way in negotiations with UFA. Eberle is also cheaper, best friends with Hall, grew up an oiler fan, is from western canada so doesnt hate winter, drafted and developed by the team, world junior hero, very marketable etc

Chara may have more value around the league or to Boston but in Edmonton its Eberle > Chara
None of that makes any difference to his trade value at all. Or we could say, Chara has been a top 3 defenseman for the last 3-4 seasons at least, and likely will for another 3-5 seasons easily... so Chara >>>>>>>>> Eberle (which he is anyways).

Old
07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
OneSharpMarble

Pile of spare parts and some 1st rounders for Eberle, nah. Why would Edm give up an elite goal scorer for an average 2nd line centre like Krejci?

Old
07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
And we have a new leader for the 2012 HFBoards Stupid Post of The Year Award. There's not a chance in hell that Boston would even think of trading one of those guys for Eberle let alone both of them. You really need to take off those homer glasses before making posts like this.
Talk about being a hypocrite. I agree both for Eberle is certainly unfair, but take off YOUR homer glasses if you think a fair deal couldn't be made 1 for 1.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Plus Seguin, who is better than Eberle already?
If you take the time and go back to read the post I quoted, he said he wouldn't trade Hamilton OR Seguin.

I also have a hard time seeing how Seguin is better then Eberle is right now, if I had my choice at either it would be Eberle... But feel free to convince me

Old
07-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
Believe it or not, Krejci actually outproduced Eberle if you compare both players full second seasons in the NHL. You never know what the future has in store.
Krejci has never had more than 73 points in a season. Eberle had 76 last year(2nd season) and Krejci had 52 points in his 2nd full season....believe it or not

Old
07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Quote:
First of all - you may hold Baertschi and Hamilton on similar values but not many other people do. Secondly - the main reason I wouldn't trade Hamilton straight up for Eberle is team need. Boston is in much more of an immediate need of a good young Defenseman then they are for a good young Forward. I'm not sure what Calgary's position is as far as Defenseman coming up in the organization so maybe they would be in a better position then Boston is to trade one for a good young Forward.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Each one of those pieces holds more value than Boychuk on their own.
What the hell are we going to do with Gagner? Put him at third line wing? We already have a better center playing wing, with some prospects that are close to helping the big club. Boychuk is worth far more to the Bruins than Gagner would be.

And no shot in hell I trade Boychuk for Whitney, Boychuk is a reliable top four defensman at a pretty good cap hit. If Whitney was guaranteed to be healthy for 82 games this upcoming year then maybe.

I would absolutely trade Boychuk for a 2013 first tho, no question. That pick will be top ten probably top five so no question in my mind.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
If you take the time and go back to read the post I quoted, he said he wouldn't trade Hamilton OR Seguin.

I also have a hard time seeing how Seguin is better then Eberle is right now, if I had my choice at either it would be Eberle... But feel free to convince me
Right now? I think theyre too close to call. Both finished their second season, although Eberle has played over twice the amount of Junior games Seguin has, and is like 20 months older than him.

I think Seguin has more upside, but right now I think theyre comparable.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:13 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
I don't want to make Oiler fans look bad so I'll post my edit here too:

I think Eberle is worth as much or more than Seguin so my proposal was just a sarcastic counter where one team gets the best player in the deal while the other team gets older, decent players and draft picks.
You really should have try to do the exact same thing than the op. People understand your point, but the way you explain it (your aweful proposal) was just bad work on your part and it was too easy changing debate from "I preffer having the best player in a trade" to "the value I'm offering here is just pathetic".

Old
07-31-2012, 05:15 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I would do eberle for seguin and Hamilton though, and even then I would have to think about it. Ebs just came off a 76 point season as a sophomore, so he's not going anywhere,
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Talk about being a hypocrite. I agree both for Eberle is certainly unfair, but take off YOUR homer glasses if you think a fair deal couldn't be made 1 for 1.
Ouch - you really told me off. Listen up Einstein - fair or not Boston would not trade Seguin or Hamilton for Eberle. Seguin is the guy that this team will be built around in about 3 years from now. Everybody thinks this kid will be a superstar in the NHL so why would Boston ever think of trading him ???? As for Hamilton - refer to post # 89 for my explanation as to why Boston wouldn't trade him straight up for Eberle.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:16 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I don't think so, although there are some pieces I like in there.

Let us know if you want to move seguin for some complimentary pieces though. My assumption is no.

I would do eberle for seguin and Hamilton though, and even then I would have to think about it. Ebs just came off a 76 point season as a sophomore, so he's not going anywhere,

I do love Oilers fans

Old
07-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Krejci has never had more than 73 points in a season. Eberle had 76 last year(2nd season) and Krejci had 52 points in his 2nd full season....believe it or not
Do you really believe that pts tell the whole story here? Because if you do then you need to understand what wins hockey games.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I do love Oilers fans
Wow did not see that quote, glad you pointed it out.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:19 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Do you really believe that pts tell the whole story here? Because if you do then you need to understand what wins hockey games.
So bad trades win hockey games?

Old
07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
51 assists and 73 points in his second season. He produced at 1 point per 18:55. My bad though, Eberle produced at 1 point per 18:04. I thought it was around 20:00 for some reason.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
DropIt

Quote:
First of all - you may hold Baertschi and Hamilton on similar values but not many other people do. Secondly - the main reason I wouldn't trade Hamilton straight up for Eberle is team need. Boston is in much more of an immediate need of a good young Defenseman then they are for a good young Forward. I'm not sure what Calgary's position is as far as Defenseman coming up in the organization so maybe they would be in a better position then Boston is to trade one for a good young Forward.
I think both Beartschi and Hamilton are completely compareable as top blue chip prospects for their respective clubs and top prospects not yet in the NHL. I know tons of people that would agree with that statement, but as it sounds like you may be a scout or some sort of Junior Hockey officianatto, I would love to hear why Hamilton is so much better at this point then any other top prospect in the NHL.

Secondly, you may be right about 'team needs' at this point (regardless I think Chiarelli would jump at Eberle for Hamilton straight up, regardless of team needs) but he was stating that Hamilton was a better player then to trade him for Eberle, which is ridiculous.

Old
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So bad trades win hockey games?
This isnt a bad trade for the oilers at all.

Old
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
At this point Eberle , Seguin, and Hamilton are among the 3 most untouchable players/prospects in the league. None of them will be traded any time soon.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
None of that makes any difference to his trade value at all. Or we could say, Chara has been a top 3 defenseman for the last 3-4 seasons at least, and likely will for another 3-5 seasons easily... so Chara >>>>>>>>> Eberle (which he is anyways).
It may not boost his trade value for other teams but it 100% boosts his value for Edmonton! How doesnt it!?!? Because his bestfriend/roommate is on the team, he loves the area, it doesnt make him more valuable? Ok buddy!
Chara may have more value now to some teams! But to most Eberle>>>Chara (which he is anyways)

Old
07-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Soundwave

Less than zero chance that Eberle is moved unless we are talking overpayment.

The price for Eberle would be similar to the price for Seguin.

He's the leading scorer for the Oilers, already nearly a ppg producer, an All-Star, incredibly well liked in the lockerroom, and quite honestly is massively popular in Western Canada (hell all of Canada). The front office would not risk dealing him for the lockerroom/fanbase repercussions alone.

Closed Thread