HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton/Caution: Eberle to Boston

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 View Post
It may not boost his trade value for other teams but it 100% boosts his value for Edmonton! How doesnt it!?!? Because his bestfriend/roommate is on the team, he loves the area, it doesnt make him more valuable? Ok buddy!
Chara may have more value now to some teams! But to most Eberle>>>Chara (which he is anyways)

are we seriously trying to compare a hof defenceman to eberle?

Old
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Do you really believe that pts tell the whole story here? Because if you do then you need to understand what wins hockey games.
You just tried to use stats to say that "Krejci outproduced Eberle", maybe think before you post!

Old
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Do you really believe that pts tell the whole story here? Because if you do then you need to understand what wins hockey games.
This post is golden. Understand what wins hockey games? I suggest you watch even a handful of Oiler games last season. Jordan Eberle wins you hockey games and damn near does it on his own. That team would have been at or below where Columbus was without Eberle last season.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Jtown

Quote:
You just tried to use stats to say that "Krejci outproduced Eberle", maybe think before you post!
I have not used stats at all this thread actually.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:31 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
This isnt a bad trade for the oilers at all.
No they only give up a rising star for a couple late 1sts and a 2nd line centre. How could they say no? :O

Old
07-31-2012, 05:32 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Secondly, you may be right about 'team needs' at this point (regardless I think Chiarelli would jump at Eberle for Hamilton straight up, regardless of team needs) but he was stating that Hamilton was a better player then to trade him for Eberle, which is ridiculous.
On the surface, Eberle is certainly more valuable from a team-neutral stand point. However, for Boston's GM, it would be a much tougher decision. Eberle is due a new contract after this season and Hamilton is on the books for the next 3 years at 1+ million. We probably couldn't fit Eberle's contract for the following year and also resign Lucic, Seguin, Marchand, etc... So other players would probably be moved as a result of a Hamilton+ for Eberle trade that would make Chia shy away.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
are we seriously trying to compare a hof defenceman to eberle?
Oh sorry, i didnt know that he was in the HoF? Then yes, a 35 year old who probably has 2 to 3 years max left in his career, who according to you is in the HoF holds more value than a 22 year old ppg player in his 2nd season!

Old
07-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Jtown

Quote:
This post is golden. Understand what wins hockey games? I suggest you watch even a handful of Oiler games last season. Jordan Eberle wins you hockey games and damn near does it on his own. That team would have been at or below where Columbus was without Eberle last season.
If the oilers played in the central they would be the worst team in the league. 2nd, putting up large numbers on bad teams is not unusual. Simon gagne had a 40 goal season because he was the only player on the flyers who could score. He literally had to shoot every time he had the puck.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
That was me. I was just referring to the "production" stat in each players second season in which they were both at about a point per 18+ minute clip. That was, however, Krejci's most "productive" year and we still don't know where Eberle is going from here. Most likely up.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Oh sorry, i didnt know that he was in the HoF? Then yes, a 35 year old who probably has 2 to 3 years max left in his career, who according to you is in the HoF holds more value than a 22 year old ppg player in his 2nd season!
i wont let this thread get sidetracked by arguing about chara vs. eberle.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
No they only give up a rising star for a couple late 1sts and a 2nd line centre. How could they say no? :O
All iknow is that if i was the oilers gm and this proposal was real I would do it. this is coming from a neutral fan.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
If the oilers played in the central they would be the worst team in the league. 2nd, putting up large numbers on bad teams is not unusual. Simon gagne had a 40 goal season because he was the only player on the flyers who could score. He literally had to shoot every time he had the puck.
So you are saying Edmonton (eberle) is in a easier division than Boston (krejci)?

I find that hard to believe, seems like you are grasping at straws.

Quote:
All iknow is that if i was the oilers gm and this proposal was real I would do it. this is coming from a neutral fan.
Your logic is flawed, you claim to be neutral but all it means is you are uninformed. Eberle will not be traded for a bunch of late 1sts and krejci.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So you are saying Edmonton (eberle) is in a easier division than Boston (krejci)?

I find that hard to believe, seems like you are grasping at straws.
No, i was saying that the only reason you guys were better than columbus was because of the divisons.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
Boston
Jordan Eberle
Ryan Whitney

Edmonton
David Krejci
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st round pick
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron/Jared Knight

I think Edmonton gets some really nice pieces here for their team that add versatility, cost certainty, and toughness that go along way towards making them a more complete team and a contender for a Stanley Cup.

:-)
This is crazy.....

Edmonton needs veteran top 4 d-men. I dont consider boychuk a top 4. Maybe if Boston keeps their picks and put Lucic into the deal it could work.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Not an absolutely terrible proposal but I'll counter with:

Seguin
McQuaid

Gagner
2013 1st
Nick Schultz
David Musil

Edit: before 20 more people quote this post...I know proposal is bad, I was offering a package similar to the OP. Value/quality going one way, quantity of lower value pieces going the other way.
Its not that bad that first is going to be a lottery pick next season.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
pieces??? Makes Edmonton worse off. It's time for them to go quality over quantity, not the other way around.
This is my thinking as well. If you have to add more than one 1st in a proposal, it better be to a team that is starting to enter a rebuild, not one that is ready to get out of one. Those 1st's won't be in the league for a long time.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
DropIt

Quote:
If you're trying to suggest that Eberle plays like Gagne, sitting back and collecting points on a bad team, then it would just be faster and easier to say that you dont watch Eberle play, because comparing them is extremely far off.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
original islander

I watch a good number of Edmonton games on Center Ice and I think that they would have to be insane to trade Eberle. He's a player that will not only win games but should be a major factor once they start making the playoffs on a regular basis. Any team would be fortunate to have him.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
This is my thinking as well. If you have to add more than one 1st in a proposal, it better be to a team that is starting to enter a rebuild, not one that is ready to get out of one. Those 1st's won't be in the league for a long time.
I would think as an oiler fan you would want that. A couple more picks stewing in the minors is what you need. You guys are not going to make the playoffs for atleast 3 years and even then you want to make it with a stacked team not just the big four.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Not an absolutely terrible proposal but I'll counter with:

Seguin
McQuaid

Gagner
2013 1st
Nick Schultz
David Musil

Edit: before 20 more people quote this post...I know proposal is bad, I was offering a package similar to the OP. Value/quality going one way, quantity of lower value pieces going the other way.
okay... I think seguin is more proven that Macinnon because frankly he's more proven. But overall this is good for boston.

Seguin > Macinnon
McQuaid <<<Gagner, schultz, musil

Old
07-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
EDM was 3-1 vs CHI including a couple ownages, 3-1 vs CBJ and 3-1 vs NSH.

They did lose the series to STL and DET 1-3

Also, they won both games against PHI last season so losing to the worst team in the league must go well with you.

Eberle did not get 22min\night so this theory does not work with him.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Jtown

Quote:
If you're trying to suggest that Eberle plays like Gagne, sitting back and collecting points on a bad team, then it would just be faster and easier to say that you dont watch Eberle play, because comparing them is extremely far off.
I think i have been quoted like 3 or 4 times on this page already and neither time did the poster understand my quote. Im saying that, when a team is bad its not rare to see a player put up big points. Big points on a bad team is not an indication of that players performance.

When a team gets better, they emphasize more on two way play. When you do that you can't focus all your energy on one side of the ice. That is why guys like toews and richards and kesler are so valuable because they are able to bring it on both sides of the ice. Crosby and ovechkin are similar point producers but crosby is very responsible in his own zone and makes players better.

I will say i see eberle make his teammates better. But right now it is hard to evaluate him when 1. his team is not competitive enough and 2. He is asked to be more of a complete player.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did you bother reading the post that I was responding to? or do you just start shooting crap out for no reason?
I'll add it again and hopefully the second time it will sink in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
Believe it or not, Krejci actually outproduced Eberle if you compare both players full second seasons in the NHL. You never know what the future has in store.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
EDM was 3-1 vs CHI including a couple ownages, 3-1 vs CBJ and 3-1 vs NSH.

They did lose the series to STL and DET 1-3

Also, they won both games against PHI last season so losing to the worst team in the league must go well with you.

Eberle did not get 22min\night so this theory does not work with him.

That is great. the central is way better than the nw divison.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
DropIt

Quote:
I would think as an oiler fan you would want that. A couple more picks stewing in the minors is what you need. You guys are not going to make the playoffs for atleast 3 years and even then you want to make it with a stacked team not just the big four.
That's the complete opposite of what they need. If anything they need two more top 4 level defenseman and an actual, serviceable goaltender. The Oilers are far past the point of collecting pick and prospect and are moving on to adding NHL level players to jump them in the standings

Closed Thread