HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton/Caution: Eberle to Boston

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 08:09 PM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
None of that makes any difference to his trade value at all. Or we could say, Chara has been a top 3 defenseman for the last 3-4 seasons at least, and likely will for another 3-5 seasons easily... so Chara >>>>>>>>> Eberle (which he is anyways).
Maybe not his "trade value" but it sure as hell impacts the Oilers "should I actually trade this player?" value.

Trading Jordan Eberle would be a PR debacle for the Oilers. No matter what we got back, even if it was Sidney Crosby, they'd be run out of town for simply not being Jordan Eberle.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:20 PM
bigbadbruins1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
Maybe not his "trade value" but it sure as hell impacts the Oilers "should I actually trade this player?" value.

Trading Jordan Eberle would be a PR debacle for the Oilers. No matter what we got back, even if it was Sidney Crosby, they'd be run out of town for simply not being Jordan Eberle.

I lol'd. EDM fans would be ******* themselves with joy if they got crosby for eberle.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
camdon

Quote:

I agree if Edmonton traded Eberle for Crosby there would be riots in the streets of Edmonton!

Old
07-31-2012, 08:23 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I don't think so, although there are some pieces I like in there.

Let us know if you want to move seguin for some complimentary pieces though. My assumption is no.

I would do eberle for seguin and Hamilton though, and even then I would have to think about it. Ebs just came off a 76 point season as a sophomore, so he's not going anywhere,
Since when is Krecji a complimentary piece?

Old
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
I actually didn't really value Whitney very highly here, but if we are shipping off Boychuk then we would need a D coming back and Whitney is the most realistic here and his salary would help offset the additional money Edmonton is taking on.
Eberle is definitley considerably more valuable than those you mentioned I think because he put up more points than all of them in his 21 year old season. That's impressive. He's got another year at cheap money and under the team's control for a few more to follow. Plus there is the upside factor with him. 70+ in his 2nd season. Who knows where he goes from here.
Eberle as an undersized, one-year wonder, must be considered amongst the possibilities. That's the reality, for any young player, until 70-point seasons become the norm.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
Eberle is god in Edmonton. He's treated like a moviestar and the fans would burn down the arena if he was traded.

Counter with

Gagner, Whitney and a 2nd(30-40 overall imo) for

Krejci and 2nd(45-60 imo)

Opens a spot for Klefbom, gets Whitney in Boston where it seems he'll end up eventually, very good upgrade to Gagner at 2C. And opens up a spot for Seguin to play C in the big league.

Value might be off here. Just throwing stuff out there.
A pick or prospect in place of gagner would be more ideal.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:

lol. wut.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:34 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Eberle as an undersized, one-year wonder, must be considered amongst the possibilities. That's the reality, for any young player, until 70-point seasons become the norm.
Well yeah, like you said. It's only done once until you've done it twice. Seguin is in that category too. Every player who has ever lived who was great was there. Some rise, some fall.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:47 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Boston
Jordan Eberle
Ryan Whitney

Edmonton
David Krejci
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st round pick
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron/Jared Knight

I think Edmonton gets some really nice pieces here for their team that add versatility, cost certainty, and toughness that go along way towards making them a more complete team and a contender for a Stanley Cup.

:-)
The two 1st round picks are going to be in the late 20s so there is not too much value in them. Caron is already a bust and Knight we have a few players that are just as good as him so those three things are no value in a trade. Krejci would be a perfect number two but nothing close to Eberle, and Boychuk is a nice additon but if Whitney comes back some what healthy then he is a lot better than Boychuk.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:52 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
The two 1st round picks are going to be in the late 20s so there is not too much value in them. Caron is already a bust and Knight we have a few players that are just as good as him so those three things are no value in a trade. Krejci would be a perfect number two but nothing close to Eberle, and Boychuk is a nice additon but if Whitney comes back some what healthy then he is a lot better than Boychuk.
Is prv a bust?

Old
07-31-2012, 08:57 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Is prv a bust?
No - I'd say he'll likely rebound. Don't know if he'll score 15 again, now that Edmonton has Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, etc. ahead of him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as a third line penalty killer with Edmonton this upcoming season, playing with Horcoff.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Qrispy

Edmonton doesn't need anymore picks. Oilers need a #1/2 dman and a #2 center. Something with Seguin, Hamilton, Bergeron, and/or Krejci if Boston wants Eberle.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:

WOW! This is right up there with this.

and I apologize in advance to my USA neighbors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Old
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
No - I'd say he'll likely rebound. Don't know if he'll score 15 again, now that Edmonton has Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, etc. ahead of him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as a third line penalty killer with Edmonton this upcoming season, playing with Horcoff.
Lol I know he's not I just wanted to prove a point that Caron's not either.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:07 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

It's not that bad, but I don't think Boston should add that many prospects or draft picks.

07-31-2012, 09:07 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Lol I know he's not I just wanted to prove a point that Caron's not either.
Caron, on the other hand, is clearly a bust.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:16 PM
zeus3007*

Pass from Edmonton. While Krejci would certainly be an upgrade on Gagner, if we're trading for a center, it really needs to be someone with some size and toughness, like a Dave Bolland, as opposed to another skilled guy.

Oh, and plus I don't want to trade Eberle.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:22 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
If Edmonton is trading Eberle to Boston, Lucic is the one coming back

Old
07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Boston
Jordan Eberle
Ryan Whitney

Edmonton
David Krejci
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st round pick
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron/Jared Knight
LMAO this package gets you an elite player along the lines of Datsyuk, Spezza, Kopitar... Eberle is not in those players' league

Old
07-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
I lol'd. EDM fans would be ******* themselves with joy if they got crosby for eberle.
This post made me laugh so hard. Some truly LOL worthy posts in this thread, most not intentional

Old
07-31-2012, 09:31 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
I actually didn't really value Whitney very highly here, but if we are shipping off Boychuk then we would need a D coming back and Whitney is the most realistic here and his salary would help offset the additional money Edmonton is taking on.

Eberle is definitley considerably more valuable than those you mentioned I think because he put up more points than all of them in his 21 year old season. That's impressive. He's got another year at cheap money and under the team's control for a few more to follow. Plus there is the upside factor with him. 70+ in his 2nd season. Who knows where he goes from here.
I understand you like him there's lots to like but are you forgetting Krejci had 73pts his rookie or sophomore year and he played on the 3rd line ..

Age is where the value holds between Krejci and Eberle but not +++ need more proof yet for this specially when you add Boychuk Knight as your plus's ... Caron okay and our 1st's sure but lets not get carried away ..

I want a guarantee if we trade Krejci and Edmonton probably feels the same but I do guarantee you if this does happen Krejci's get 70 pts on Edmonton easily with there run and gun approach and PP has been insanely better then ours ..

Old
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I don't think so, although there are some pieces I like in there.

Let us know if you want to move seguin for some complimentary pieces though. My assumption is no.

I would do eberle for seguin and Hamilton though, and even then I would have to think about it. Ebs just came off a 76 point season as a sophomore, so he's not going anywhere,
Really? I get Edmonton's love for the kid... He's a stud. (I even like him as a Flames fan.) but "you'd have to think about it?" ... Seguin / Ham >> Eberle.

As for the OP's package. The only way to get a special player, is to give up something special. Seguin would have to be involved... The package was good, but don't see Edmonton doing it.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:41 PM
SDig14

Seguin and Hamilton for Eberle is a no-brainer.

As an Oiler fan I would be pretty upset moving Ebs, but it fills 2 huge holes moving forward and likely makes us a better team moving forward without question.

That being said, there's no ONE piece on the Bruins I would trade Eberle for right now, and I get the feeling management feels the same way.

I think the closest value is Seguin, and when it comes to Seguin vs Eberle I think both teams are happy with their guys staying put.

Just far too much invested in him in every facet of the game to trade him right now, unless it is a no-brainer.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:43 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Really? I get Edmonton's love for the kid... He's a stud. (I even like him as a Flames fan.) but "you'd have to think about it?" ... Seguin / Ham >> Eberle.

As for the OP's package. The only way to get a special player, is to give up something special. Seguin would have to be involved... The package was good, but don't see Edmonton doing it.
Eberle > Seguin and there's no telling exactly how Hamilton will end up. Plus, Eberle loves being an Oiler and is basically a god in Edmonton

Old
07-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Hazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Seguin and Hamilton for Eberle is a no-brainer.

As an Oiler fan I would be pretty upset moving Ebs, but it fills 2 huge holes moving forward and likely makes us a better team moving forward without question.

That being said, there's no ONE piece on the Bruins I would trade Eberle for right now, and I get the feeling management feels the same way.

I think the closest value is Seguin, and when it comes to Seguin vs Eberle I think both teams are happy with their guys staying put.

Just far too much invested in him in every facet of the game to trade him right now, unless it is a no-brainer.
This. I would feel pretty badly if Chia traded Seguin, the kid is the B's future and the same goes for Eberle for Edmonton. There is no need for the Bruins or Edmonton to trade either of their young and upcoming stars. I just dont't see the reason for this kind of proposal and what is included for the B's to give up.

Closed Thread