HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Olympics

Old
07-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Summer Olympics

Anyone care?

Quebecois are bringing home some bronze.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:52 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Nope.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:56 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I like the swimming races. That's it though...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Zaide
Mind over Matter

I watch mainly soccer and canoeing, kayaking, etc. I like to watch girl's gymnastics, but not because it's fun to watch.

07-31-2012, 10:13 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, NFLD, Yukon, North. Terr. and Nunavut... care to join the party?

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Stanley Cup
Bettman's ice bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, NFLD, Yukon, North. Terr. and Nunavut... care to join the party?
Will you REALLY care if someone from Burnaby BC or Red Deer wins a silver medal? I only care when they have french names, otherwise I think they're american

Stanley Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Cup View Post
Will you REALLY care if someone from Burnaby BC or Red Deer wins a silver medal? I only care when they have french names, otherwise I think they're american
That comment.

I care about any Canadian medal.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Anyone care?
Hell yeah

Although there have been some issues with setting the games up and making sure everything runs smoothly, I think overall, a good job has been done so far. I'm certainly enjoying it and the BBC are doing a good job of broadcasting just about every single thing going on considering how much that entails.

The slogan for the games is inspire a generation. Not sure how much of said generation has been inspired but things sound pretty good so far and my nephew has already been inspired so it's good to see the event having a positive effect in some respect.

There are still a fair few events left where we have a real hope of medals but I think most of all, I am encouraged by our mixed skydiving team. Honestly, who is going to beat them?! Britannia rules the waves... and now the sky too

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
pine*

Quote:
Lawl. So clueless.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Shaby23

Quote:
Really? Sometimes i wonder why i even live in Quebec...

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Padrino86

i don't have interest in most type of competition but gymnastic and basketball are pretty fun to watch. Hard to keep me interested when there's no canadian left though...

Padrino86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Valois

Anything with a Canadian (I don't care which province) competing, but I like soccer, swimming, gymnastics and a bit of tennis when it's someone big.

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
There are still a fair few events left where we have a real hope of medals but I think most of all, I am encouraged by our mixed skydiving team. Honestly, who is going to beat them?! Britannia rules the waves... and now the sky too
The Queen and James Bond? They're pretty bad ass indeed.

I wish we had the Olympics close to home again. Sure, 2010 was fun and all, but nothing better than at home. Hey IOC, we still have an olympic stadium

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Hell yeah

Although there have been some issues with setting the games up and making sure everything runs smoothly, I think overall, a good job has been done so far. I'm certainly enjoying it and the BBC are doing a good job of broadcasting just about every single thing going on considering how much that entails.

The slogan for the games is inspire a generation. Not sure how much of said generation has been inspired but things sound pretty good so far and my nephew has already been inspired so it's good to see the event having a positive effect in some respect.

That thing about the Stadium keys getting lost and replacing the locks is a little embarrassing though..

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post

I wish we had the Olympics close to home again. Sure, 2010 was fun and all, but nothing better than at home. Hey IOC, we still have an olympic stadium
Yeah, because the last time the olympics were in QC it was such a huge success...

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
I care because I'm Canadian. Did you also not care when Canada won the hockey gold in 2010?

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:52 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

USA!!
USA!!
USA!!

But good luck to the Canadians in London.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:56 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

I haven't been that interested in the Olympics this year to tell the truth, I pretty much only care about the athletes from Canada and Barbados.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Qui Gon Dave

So, I guess this is the thread to bring this up: link

I don't know much about the Canadian womens team but they seem fairly decent. Are Canadian football fans feeling confident ahead of that one or not? Hopefully the GB womens team break from the tradition established by the men and avoid stumbling out the moment the words 'knock-out' and 'penalty shootout' start being mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
It got me wondering, if all countries entered an All-Star skydiving team, who would each country enter? Team GB have their duo sorted, what about everyone else? Perhaps Team USA could enter Chris Evans as Captain America and Paris Hilton (with Sarah Palin in the role of spoiler on the ground with a shotgun, until the Duke of Edinborough catches up with her). Who would Canada enter? Celine Dion and Justin Bieber? Don't suppose there is a shortage of parachutes in Canada right now, is there? Portugal could just hold a lottery and enter any two members of their national football team to take part in an event I'm sure they'd adapt to very quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
That thing about the Stadium keys getting lost and replacing the locks is a little embarrassing though..
I think we're okay with a little folly. Our politicians do a good job of preparing us for the embarrassment of when someone else screws up. Boris Johnson being a prime example. He is on stage in front of thousands of people. Members of the media from around the world are present. He is making a speech welcoming the world to London for a sporting event that will unite us all and he starts making jokes at the expense of other nations (Greece was one, I think Spain was another). Just so it's clear, everyone here knows Boris is a bit of an idiot. The other bit of him is a moron.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:13 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Off to a much quicker start than in Beijing, which is a good thing.

Feel bad for Milos Raonic after such a grueling match.

Hopefully Adam van Koeverden doesn't choke again.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
So, I guess this is the thread to bring this up: link

I don't know much about the Canadian womens team but they seem fairly decent. Are Canadian football fans feeling confident ahead of that one or not? Hopefully the GB womens team break from the tradition established by the men and avoid stumbling out the moment the words 'knock-out' and 'penalty shootout' start being mentioned.

It got me wondering, if all countries entered an All-Star skydiving team, who would each country enter? Team GB have their duo sorted, what about everyone else? Perhaps Team USA could enter Chris Evans as Captain America and Paris Hilton (with Sarah Palin in the role of spoiler on the ground with a shotgun, until the Duke of Edinborough catches up with her). Who would Canada enter? Celine Dion and Justin Bieber? Don't suppose there is a shortage of parachutes in Canada right now, is there? Portugal could just hold a lottery and enter any two members of their national football team to take part in an event I'm sure they'd adapt to very quickly

I think we're okay with a little folly. Our politicians do a good job of preparing us for the embarrassment of when someone else screws up. Boris Johnson being a prime example. He is on stage in front of thousands of people. Members of the media from around the world are present. He is making a speech welcoming the world to London for a sporting event that will unite us all and he starts making jokes at the expense of other nations (Greece was one, I think Spain was another). Just so it's clear, everyone here knows Boris is a bit of an idiot. The other bit of him is a moron.
Should be a good game. Canada used to be a lot better, but they've fallen a lot. Losing Kara Lang was a huge kick in the stomach for Canadian soccer.

I think Canada can beat any team on the tournament, but they will need to be at their best. They looked sloppy against Japan earlier. They didn't even play well against Sweden until the last 25 minutes or so, but then they dominated.

Canada is down 3 defenders to injury, which is a huge disadvantage.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Habs

Quote:
wow, what a putz.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:00 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
I watch mainly soccer and canoeing, kayaking, etc. I like to watch girl's gymnastics, but not because it's fun to watch.
Brittany Rogers and Jordan Wieber are so ****ing hot !!!

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:48 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Toronto has made a bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics, hopefully they get them.

As for 2012, 4 medals not too bad, hopefully we can get a few golds.

Can't wait for wrestling to start, because my high school coach is there with the Canadian Men's team

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Anyone care?

Quebecois are bringing home some bronze.
Quebecers won 3 of the 4 medals that Canada has so far. May be one of the reasons that Quebec doesn't turn out so many hockey players.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote