HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton/Caution: Eberle to Boston

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I must admit you are one of the more reasonable oiler fans in this thread however. Lets agree that Oilers keep Eberle, B's keep Seguin..everybody is happy
In general, the Oilers board is pretty decent, as I'm sure the Bruins board is as well.

Problem is a few people trolling or just plain homers give fanbases a bad rep.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:05 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
In general, the Oilers board is pretty decent, as I'm sure the Bruins board is as well.

Problem is a few people trolling or just plain homers give fanbases a bad rep.
The problem is when someone makes a disparaging remark about something a person is passionate about they tend to lash back and then two good people can start looking a little brash. lol, it happens to the best of us!!!

Old
07-31-2012, 10:11 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
The problem is when someone makes a disparaging remark about something a person is passionate about they tend to lash back and then two good people can start looking a little brash. lol, it happens to the best of us!!!
Very true.

I see too many threads ending badly to count these days.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Btown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Eberle > Seguin and there's no telling exactly how Hamilton will end up. Plus, Eberle loves being an Oiler and is basically a god in Edmonton
I would like to add that Eberle is a God in Canada after his juniour play...
I was curious if a E. Kane for T. Hall would be a good trade?
Winnipeg can build around Hall where Edmonton has lots of players to build around.
I think Kane has some grit to his game and has played with Eberlie B4. Just wondering what's the stance on that?

Old
07-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
No he's not

Old
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
No he's not
Not literally, but in concept...... Yes, yes he is.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
I was curious if a E. Kane for T. Hall would be a good trade?
Winnipeg can build around Hall where Edmonton has lots of players to build around.
I think Kane has some grit to his game and has played with Eberlie B4. Just wondering what's the stance on that?
I don't see the incentive for the Oilers.

Kane is the more the prototypical powerforward with grit, which would help the Oilers a LOT, but Hall is so explosive and literally carried our offense at times last year even with Eberle and RNH.

At best it is a lateral move IMO, and the Oilers have too much invested in their young kids to simply swap one-for-one.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Since when does Edmonton = All of Canada?

Old
07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Since he scored those goals playing for team Canada, not edmonton.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:26 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Leading the defending Cup Champs in scoring vs. leading a cellar dwellar team in scoring is a huge difference mate. In Boston, minutes arent handed out like penny candy, minutes are earned.
Weren't some Bruin fans saying the opposite when it was Hall on a great team in the OHL? Wasn't it all about the success because of the champion calibre supporting cast back then?

And guys like Eberle earned their minutes. Eberle in particular in fact. He has led our team in scoring the two years he's been here so far. In the 9-2 win early last season when Hall(3g), RNH(5a) and Eberle(4p) all had big games, RNH and Eberle were both well under 14 minutes and I believe Hall was just over 16. If anything they were underutilized earlier, and vets like Smyth and Horcoff got too much play.

This is a pointless debate. Eberle isn't available for any price the Bruins would be willing to pay.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
DropIt

Quote:
He will always go down as one of the best WJC players and incredibly clutch, but he is far from a perceived 'god' in Canada. Now that he is on an NHL team he is known as a great player on a Canadian team.

Do you think Iginla or Luongo are Canadian Gods? I mean they both had a pretty substantial hand in winning gold medals for all of Canada in the winter Olympics. Iginla twice now, so he must be some sort of super hockey messiah, right?

Old
07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
Boston
Jordan Eberle
Ryan Whitney

Edmonton
David Krejci
2013 1st round pick
2014 1st round pick
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron/Jared Knight

I think Edmonton gets some really nice pieces here for their team that add versatility, cost certainty, and toughness that go along way towards making them a more complete team and a contender for a Stanley Cup.

:-)
Click....

Old
07-31-2012, 10:30 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
He will always go down as one of the best WJC players and incredibly clutch, but he is far from a perceived 'god' in Canada. Now that he is on an NHL team he is known as a great player on a Canadian team.

Do you think Iginla or Luongo are Canadian Gods? I mean they both had a pretty substantial hand in winning gold medals for all of Canada in the winter Olympics. Iginla twice now, so he must be some sort of super hockey messiah, right?
It's a bit different though, because Luongo and Iginla were parts of great star filled teams of NHL players.

Eberle is one of the best WJC Canadians in the history of the game, and has the records to prove it.

Those other players didn't dominate like Eberle did...ever.

I wouldn't say he is a "God", that's a little overboard, but he is simply one of the best and most clutch international junior players of all time.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Since he scored those goals playing for team Canada, not edmonton.
People don't remember a junior hockey tournament. Especially casual fans.

They remember the Olympics, Stanley Cups... but not the WJC.

Eberle's (and the rest of Team Canada that year) performance is pretty much forgotten by most non-die hard hockey fans

Old
07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

A legit top 6 centerman (Krejci), a top 4 dman (Boychuk) both with cup rings, a good prospect in Caron or Knight and 2 first round picks is not a bad return for Eberle.

However the Bruins don't do this because they sacrifice to much in terms of assets for a player that doesn't mean nearly as much to them as he does to Edmonton. The Bruins needs a more mobile defense and can address this through the draft, scoring is not a problem.

Edmonton doesn't do it because you don't get rid of homegrown elite talent unless the return is dazzling which this offer is not. Hes a star player and hes not a guy you trade away to build up depth even if the pieces as a whole are nice. You build with him. Its easier to get guys like Boychuk for a cup run later in a few years without having to sacrifice your leading scorer.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:44 PM
F l a m e s
Money Baer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Eberle > Seguin and there's no telling exactly how Hamilton will end up. Plus, Eberle loves being an Oiler and is basically a god in Edmonton
As of right now, yes. 2-3yrs.... ??

I understand Eberle has "god" like status in Edmonton, but a package of Seg/Ham is overpayment for sure. (I really am taking my Flames hat off here too..)

Either way, it wouldn't happen.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
A legit top 6 centerman (Krejci), a top 4 dman (Boychuk) both with cup rings, a good prospect in Caron or Knight and 2 first round picks is not a bad return for Eberle.

However the Bruins don't do this because they sacrifice to much in terms of assets for a player that doesn't mean nearly as much to them as he does to Edmonton. The Bruins needs a more mobile defense and can address this through the draft, scoring is not a problem.

Edmonton doesn't do it because you don't get rid of homegrown elite talent unless the return is dazzling which this offer is not. Hes a star player and hes not a guy you trade away to build up depth even if the pieces as a whole are nice. You build with him. Its easier to get guys like Boychuk for a cup run later in a few years without having to sacrifice your leading scorer.
Sir, you make too much sense. Get out of here.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:02 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
well, he's my god too... all hail jesus eberle...

as for op's proposal: im a habs fan and i don't like it from edmonton's perspective.

i think a better deal would be one that centers around looch+ on the b's side. edmonton's top 6 is... to use kind words, not big...

Old
07-31-2012, 11:10 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
It's a bit different though, because Luongo and Iginla were parts of great star filled teams of NHL players.

Eberle is one of the best WJC Canadians in the history of the game, and has the records to prove it.

Those other players didn't dominate like Eberle did...ever.

I wouldn't say he is a "God", that's a little overboard, but he is simply one of the best and most clutch international junior players of all time.
Its not really different at all.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Its not really different at all.
Well, one player dominated and the two you listed did not. Seems different to me....

People tend to remember players that stand out, and Eberle did that.

Luongo and Iginla were fine, but neither stood out among a team ful of all-stars.

Not sure why this matters at all anyways though.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
I wish i had patience to look up stats: TOI, PP minutes, etc...
They both had 1,372 minutes played. However Eberle had 234 PP minutes and Seguin had 200 PP minutes.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
belair

Quote:

Whitney: hobbled dman, who cant manage to stay on the ice longer than a 10 game stretch...

Gagner: Smurf-sized center who would be Bostons 4th line center at the moment.

Sorry dude, Boychuk is FAR more valuable than either of those players
No dude.

Any half-witted GM in the league would take a former 50 point, puck-moving defenseman - even with his injury history - or a consistent mid-40 point, 22-year-old centreman over a $3.5M slow-footed defenseman. And I don't blame you for not commenting on the 1st round pick as well. Seriously.

But I get it.

You don't want to trade Johnny Boychuk.

He's been good in Boston.

And his value there is worth considerably more than what it is on the trade market...

Old
07-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

No from the Oilers. We don't need quantity.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
People don't remember a junior hockey tournament. Especially casual fans.

They remember the Olympics, Stanley Cups... but not the WJC.

Eberle's (and the rest of Team Canada that year) performance is pretty much forgotten by most non-die hard hockey fans
I'm gonna call shenanigans about your opinion on the WJC. It's just doesnt seem correct.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:53 PM
svat

Quote:
Even if Seguin was on the oilers, Eberle would still have more points than him. Leading your team with 67 points, isn't very impressive IMO.
Are you aware of how foolish this post is, and how much context you are completely ignoring?

1) Seguin is 2 years younger, and hitting his point totals at that age is highly impressive. Very, very few players can accomplish it.

2) Tyler Seguin put up a 12% shooting rate, which is MUCH more sustainable than Eberle's incredibly high <18%. Eberle is much more likely to come back down, thus decreasing his goal and point totals. (Before you try to tell me Eberle is just an amazing shooter, you need to recognize how INSANELY rare players shooting at that rate is over a long span. Eberle may increase his shot totals, but he will need to do so substantially to reach his 75+ point totals he got in his incredibly lucky previous season).

Seguin is much more likely to repeat his success than Eberle. I would be infuriated if the bruins traded Seguin for Eberle, as I have no interest in buying high on a player that will in all likelihood come back down to earth next year.

Closed Thread