HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Eric Godard

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2012, 03:42 PM
  #26
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Barch was with you until December of last year, what are you talking about? Not to mention...the Stars haven't done fine in years....LOL
Traded because he wanted an everyday role instead of being a scratch behind the great Toby Peterson. Barch was good at losing fights, I can't remember a fight he won.

If we accept your point that the Stars haven't had success recently, maybe changing things up, ie getting rid of players who can only fight, would be a good strategy?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
  #27
Caniac125330
Registered User
 
Caniac125330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Carolina's GM Jim Rutherford has expressed interest in adding a tough guy to protect his skill players, so he could possibly find a home there.

Caniac125330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
  #28
Classless Goon
Robble Robble
 
Classless Goon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull,QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
What the hell is Bryan Murray waiting for? Sign this ****ing guy already.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:02 PM
  #29
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!
 
Arpi3080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Eric Nystrom as the Stars only fighter
We have a fighting captain who steps in for his team mates...

His name is Brenden Morrow do you know him?

Arpi3080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
  #30
Von Malkin*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Godard is horrible and shouldn't play another game in the NHL.

Von Malkin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:27 PM
  #31
Sports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuriesIt View Post
ma·jor·i·ty   [muh-jawr-i-tee, -jor-]
noun, plural ma·jor·i·ties.
1.
the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/majority
You used one of many definitions of a word to describe one of the other many definitions of another word.
You're splitting hairs.
No one would describe 60% as most.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
  #32
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpi3080 View Post
We have a fighting captain who steps in for his team mates...

His name is Brenden Morrow do you know him?
Is that the guy who has a whole 6 fights in the last 3 years

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
  #33
Primetimey*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Read the bolded part He did play MOST of the season.


EDIT: Thanks BuriesIt, you beat me to it.
No actually, he did not play most of the season.

Using that majority definition is like saying a kid who got 51% on his test understood the MAJORITY of the content.

Primetimey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:06 PM
  #34
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!
 
Arpi3080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Is that the guy who has a whole 6 fights in the last 3 years
He has 57 fights in his whole NHL career. The last two/three years he wasn't really healthy so wasn't very keen to fight.

Morrow said he will be by 100% for the upcoming season you can expect him as 3rd liner with lots of grit.

I have to admit that the Stars are more softer than last season after leaving of Ott, Dowell, Souray.

Arpi3080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
  #35
Phil Connors*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Yeah, Godard is done. Atleast in the NHL. Couldn't even make it on the Stars lineup, and some have already mentioned how bad we are.

And major LOL at whoever thinks 46 out of 76 games played is considered most of the season. That's like saying Ales Hemsky isn't injury prone because he has played most of his games in every season except one(09-10).

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:54 PM
  #36
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac125330 View Post
Carolina's GM Jim Rutherford has expressed interest in adding a tough guy to protect his skill players, so he could possibly find a home there.
That'd be a good fit.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:57 PM
  #37
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
No actually, he did not play most of the season.

Using that majority definition is like saying a kid who got 51% on his test understood the MAJORITY of the content.
Major LOL at all of you who don't understand the English language.

Except it's is because we're dealing in absolutes, not in subjectives. Godard played most games, i.e a MAJORITY of, you're not going to win this. He played the greater half. That's how Germanic languages work, in both LITERAL and non-literal ways.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:30 PM
  #38
Phil Connors*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Major LOL at all of you who don't understand the English language.

Except it's is because we're dealing in absolutes, not in subjectives. Godard played most games, i.e a MAJORITY of, you're not going to win this. He played the greater half. That's how Germanic languages work, in both LITERAL and non-literal ways.
I'll be more specific. Godard played 60.5% of the games in the AHL last season(if Misty/Primetime were right about him being a healthy scratch in the AHL, the argument for him playing in the NHL is over). He played 0% of the games in the NHL, on a non-playoff team.

Back on topic. Do I think he will get a contract, no.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:43 PM
  #39
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
That's a fair assessment. I do hope you're wrong of course though He definetly won't be getting a 1-way and an invite to camp is more likely than a contract over the summer.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
  #40
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Dirk and Ninetynine, do you really think the Stars lack of playoffs the past few years is because they don't have a 4th liner who can't play hockey? Talk about the Atlantic all you want, the West is different. And enforcers are being phased out, for good reason.

Sorry, when you travel as much as a teams in the West do, it's not surprising they're moving more towards having a player who can actually contribute 5-7 minutes a night as opposed to basically playing 11 forwards.

Godard wasn't good enough at hockey to crack the second to worst team in the AHL on a consistent basis last year. Stop for a minute and think about that.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
  #41
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Dirk and Ninetynine, do you really think the Stars lack of playoffs the past few years is because they don't have a 4th liner who can't play hockey? Talk about the Atlantic all you want, the West is different. And enforcers are being phased out, for good reason.

Sorry, when you travel as much as a teams in the West do, it's not surprising they're moving more towards having a player who can actually contribute 5-7 minutes a night as opposed to basically playing 11 forwards.

Godard wasn't good enough at hockey to crack the second to worst team in the AHL on a consistent basis last year. Stop for a minute and think about that.
That has more to do with the coach and GM, dont tell me "Bizznasty" has any more skill than Godard. Some teams believe in tough hockey and others think they are Detroit
Some teams have enforcers on their rosters that they healthy scratch half the games but they are there if needed, Dallas pathetically doesnt even have that option. With how the first round of the playoffs went down there is still a chance that fighting goes up again and hopefully every team goes back to true entertaining 4th lines

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.