HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Edler

Old
07-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Rey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Most people don't know enough about Garrison to judge him properly and only look at his offensive stats. He was great defensively the last 2 seasons. Like I said I am jealous that Garrison signed with the Canucks for such a good value contract. You will see next season when he is playing for your team and you see him everyday. Garrison is not better offensively but he is much better defensively.
Good. If he's so good defensively, then he can be Ryan Suter and Edler can be Shea Weber. Hand them the cup already. You?, well. There's a nice wind blowing out the window. It's yours to watch.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Most people don't know enough about Garrison to judge him properly and only look at his offensive stats. He was great defensively the last 2 seasons. Like I said I am jealous that Garrison signed with the Canucks for such a good value contract. You will see next season when he is playing for your team and you see him everyday. Garrison is not better offensively but he is much better defensively.

As I said for the Blues team I would prefer Garrison as the Blues already have 2 very good PMD and one decent one. Read what you quoted btw I said I would prefer Garrison. As in as Blues fan I would prefer Garrison paired with Pietrangelo over Edler.
Edler is not a PMD, if that's why you are implying.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

One thing that kind of puzzles me is why other Vancouver fans feel as if they'd trade Edler for an impact forward. Personally, there's no way in hell I'd do that. We have multiple prospects in our organisation who are on the cusp of being NHL regulars, and have the potential to be impact forwards. In example, Kassian and Jensen are the most prominant with Schroeder having an outside chance. But on defense, we don't have a single player that projects to be anything close to what Edler is, and I don't foresee us being and to acquire a guy like him through free agency. Our closest bets are Corrado and possibly Connauton if he makes a huge developmental leap. But still, this will happen 5 years down the road when our window with the Sedins is virtually closed.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Actually, Garrison is pretty close to the level of Edler. He's much better than Edler defensively, has that well-chronicled bomb of a shot, and skates much better than Edler. If you want physical, give Ballard some ice time.

My guess would be that you're just overrating Edler.
Quote:
And with Kesler out to start the season, the Canucks top-6 looks like this:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Scrub Scrub

Good luck.
Quote:
1. Hamhuis is better than Edler. This confirms you overrate Edler. No more point in discussing, clearly.
2. You yourself said there was a hole in the top-6. 'Temporary fix' is not the term I would use.
Quote:
Ah, yes, Jordan Schroeder the savior. I hear he's better than God's Son.
Wow, seriously, stop trolling haha.

Old
07-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I didn't feel like bringing this up as a new topic.

If any Detroit fans (speficially) are reading, or any other teams with tradable assets in need of a number 1b defenseman, what would you give up if (big if) Edler were available?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
megajake

Edler for Clarkson+Volchenkov/Tallinder+2nd round pick

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
crashman

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post

If any Detroit fans (speficially) are reading, or any other teams with tradable assets in need of a number 1b defenseman, what would you give up if (big if) Edler were available?
I would offer Franzen or Filppula + Ian White + 1st or a solid forward prospect.

Not trying to sell Van fans anything here, and I'm well aware of Franzen's age, but I think a line of the Sedin's/Franzen would be absolutely unstoppable. I believe it would be the best scoring line in the league for quite a few years.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
I would offer Franzen or Filppula + Ian White + 1st or a solid forward prospect.

Not trying to sell Van fans anything here, and I'm well aware of Franzen's age, but I think a line of the Sedin's/Franzen would be absolutely unstoppable. I believe it would be the best scoring line in the league for quite a few years.
That's a pretty good offer. I'd love Smith, but Filppula, White, 1st/Nyquist(?) would be a deal I would do if Edler wanted to leave.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:04 PM
crashman

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's a pretty good offer. I'd love Smith, but Filppula, White, 1st/Nyquist(?) would be a deal I would do if Edler wanted to leave.
I don't think the Wings would do Nyquist, just because he's our most NHL ready "prospect" and they need him now, but we have guys with similar projected ceilings like Tatar and Jurco that might be available. But that could all change after this coming training camp.

I think Smith is untouchable considering defense is the Wings biggest need, especially if they lose White.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post

Not a bad offer value wise. Of course, Vancouver just cannot afford to move Edler, he is our most talented blueliner who we believe to have untapped potential.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:57 PM
KISSland

The only time I had Edler leaving the team was to bring in a player of Weber caliber. Now that it's no longer possible there's no reason to move Edler especially with the lack of quality D prospects our pool currently has.

It just doesn't make sense anymore.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:07 PM
gsharpe

Id love to Flipper. Hes developing in the right direction. But if we move Edler we need a quality right handed 2a/b coming back. I know I made this thread. Mostly because its a slow
offseason and Edler has a moveable contract, but Canucks would require a Myers/Subban type coming back to consider moving Edler

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:08 PM
tony d
The franchise

Ottawa would offer Peter Regin, Jared Cowen and a 2013 1st but only if Edler signs with the team long-term.

07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Ottawa would offer Peter Regin, Jared Cowen and a 2013 1st but only if Edler signs with the team long-term.
That's a good offer for Edler as he is. If he signs a long-term deal you likely don't move him. If he's dealt the acquiring team would have to take their chances. Much like Burns when he was dealt on the last year of his deal. He then extended with the Sharks.

Edler would have similar value. Arguably slightly more.

Good offer though as it addresses needs in Vancouver. If I'm dealing Edler that's the type of return I'd look for - fills 3rd line center role, replaces Edler with a good young left side defender at a lower cost (allowing Ballard to fill the 2nd pairing role and a more appropriate salary slot, and gives them asset that they could trade to add a quality rental to finish their roster before the playoffs.

Not many offers here consider other team needs, so good job.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:26 PM
jroc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post

Filpula, Kindl, and a 1st rounder.

Filps speed, hustle, and skill and ability to play the wing or center in pretty much any top 6 in the league would likely help the Canucks as theyve been looking for a 2nd line winger all summer. Kindl is a decent young dman who has never truly gotten a chance - even when dressing these past few years getting time with Lidstrom, Rafalksi, Kronwall, Stuart, and Ericsson ahead of him in the depth chart has made it tough to see what hes actually got. Interesting fact - last season despite playing 15 fewer games he actually had 1 more even strength assist than Lidstrom last year. The first rounder will probably be somewhere between 18 and 22nd this year Im guessing.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Broad Street Elite

I have to think Vancouver is trying to re-sign Edler right now, no? Right now, he's the top UFA defenseman going into next year.

As far as trading goes... Vancouver isn't going to deal him. He holds more value to them than he will return due to the contract expiring.

If he makes it to UFA, he probably gets a top of the new CBA type deal (hard to project not knowing the limitation on term, cap, etc)

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:30 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
He is more valuable to the Canucks. He won't get a big return since he is a pending UFA and teams won't give up top prospects for a guy that could be a rental. If Edler is signed for 3 years then the return you suggested is likely.
Not sure I get this logic. In fact it's been proven many times over and over again that rental players can get a huge return.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
gsharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Yah. Wow. I might do that. Very interesting... How about Zibanejad, Cowen for Edler?

Old
07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
feedingschennzy

Hartnell and a conditional 1st if edler signs in philadelphia and hartsy walks...

Hartnell gives you guys some much needed grit and toughness up top with some less than polished skating and finishing, but a guy that with the right playmakers can put up 35 goals again...

Too off base? Edler is my dream for the flyers at this point

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

How about from Toronto:

Joffrey Lupul
Jake Gardiner
+

Alexander Edler
Roberto Luongo

What would the + be?

I'm also aware both fan bases probably want to kill me after seeing the names in this

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Moore Money

I really hope Gillis re-signs him before or early in the season. I have a feeling he breaks out big time this year.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:54 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I really hope Gillis re-signs him before or early in the season. I have a feeling he breaks out big time this year.
Same. I'm seeing 60pts this year.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:02 PM
gsharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Hartnell and a conditional 1st if edler signs in philadelphia and hartsy walks...

Hartnell gives you guys some much needed grit and toughness up top with some less than polished skating and finishing, but a guy that with the right playmakers can put up 35 goals again...

Too off base? Edler is my dream for the flyers at this point
I like Hartnell a lot. I think hed play great with the Sedins, because he did at the all star game, but theres no way he's the only piece coming back for Edler. Whats harder to come by, a complimentary winger or a 1b defenseman?

Maybe if it was B. Schenn plus Hartnell. But then we need a defenseman coming back. Im not sure if there is a trade there...

Old
07-31-2012, 11:42 PM
ZetterBurger

Filppula for Edler both on expiring contracts and filling a need for the other team. Filppula + obviously.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:46 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
Id love to Flipper. Hes developing in the right direction. But if we move Edler we need a quality right handed 2a/b coming back. I know I made this thread. Mostly because its a slow
offseason and Edler has a moveable contract, but Canucks would require a Myers/Subban type coming back to consider moving Edler
You are out of your mind if you think Edler, regardless of contract gets a plyer like Myers or Subban in return. This is like me saying that If a team wants Filppula it needs to be an Evander Kane type player.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote