HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ovechkin maybe engaged?

Old
08-01-2012, 08:50 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
But gas didn't cost $4 a gallon, either. There weren't many millionaires, the new standard is billionaire. Fans weren't stalking his twitter account. Yet as a fan, you were somehow still entertained when gas cost 50 cents a gallon, weren't you?

Its like dating. Opening a door, buying flowers. Once you are married, it all changes.

He hit the jackpot, and there is a healthy balance to be found between enjoying it, and respecting those that paid you for your previous efforts.

Don't dog him as he finds that balance. I vote let him live his ****ing life.
The growth of player salaries has far outpaced inflation, though. And it's for reasons like this; players are asked to do more, the stakes are higher as popularity and such grows, so they make more.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:08 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

You don't even have to place it in a historic context. Ovechkin's goal should be to pass Stankos. Rat face is once again doing Gary Roberts' 90 day program. Ovechkin is playing world traveler.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:11 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Yeah, that's my main point. Regardless of the history of the game, the cat's out of the bag. The best players come prepared, period. If you want to keep up with them you have to as well.

(And, again, I won't say that "prepared" has to mean "in perfect physical shape." There are other ways to prepare that might be more important at this point. But preparation is something that just can't be marginalized any more.)

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:31 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
You don't even have to place it in a historic context. Ovechkin's goal should be to pass Stankos. Rat face is once again doing Gary Roberts' 90 day program. Ovechkin is playing world traveler.
Shocking news alert.

Maybe Rat Face is single!!!

Angry and horny, working out frantically is all he can do.

Prime time players don't always need cardio 9 months before the big dance. While he hasn't done as well as we would like in game 7's, he does when the playoffs start.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:44 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's to hoping Ovy gets married soon. It'll be one step closer to growing up and stopping all the late night boozing and offseason partying. He looks fine to me in that pic though....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Here's to hoping Ovy gets married soon. It'll be one step closer to growing up and stopping all the late night boozing and offseason partying. He looks fine to me in that pic though....
Married...and a kid.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I can see the bestseller now "How HF Crowdsourced Advice on Growing Up Revived the Great 8's Career".

Old
08-01-2012, 09:54 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Married...and a kid.
That would just about do it....

Problem is, she's a world traveler too, so it's not the ideal home/life setup for maximum maturation...

I've wanted to see him settle down for a while. I think it'll have a good impact on his hockey career.

Old
08-01-2012, 10:00 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I can see the bestseller now "How HF Crowdsourced Advice on Growing Up Revived the Great 8's Career".
LOL, I don't know about all that, but settling down and stopping the boozing and manwhoring generally has a positive impact.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgence from him if that happens.

Old
08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
That would just about do it....

Problem is, she's a world traveler too, so it's not the ideal home/life setup for maximum maturation...

I've wanted to see him settle down for a while. I think it'll have a good impact on his hockey career.
Better a world traveler for a wife than a Russia-homebody like Mrs. Kuznetsov.

And maybe as a professional athlete, she'd be able to give Ovie some encouragement/motivation to properly prepare and train.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:19 AM
txpd

Quote:
i thought that ovechkin's personal achievements are of no value and his regular season success equally pedestrian. that its all about playoff success.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:27 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i thought that ovechkin's personal achievements are of no value and his regular season success equally pedestrian. that its all about playoff success.
I have no idea whether you're trying to be funny or if you actually believe such a stupid thing.

Assuming it's the latter, his crap season almost cost us the postseason last year, so it can matter in a very real way. It also probably also depressed the hell out of his teammates.

Old
08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I have no idea whether you're trying to be funny or if you actually believe such a stupid thing.

Assuming it's the latter, his crap season almost cost us the postseason last year, so it can matter in a very real way. It also probably also depressed the hell out of his teammates.
You haven't learned by now that he's just a ***** stirrer here on HFboards (like many of us at times)? (Love you TXPD!)

He's going back to regular season vs postseason arguments. I've always believed you act like a pro at all times, regular AND postseason.

@NBTW, my only concern with him marrying another pro athlete is that they'll both be on the road away from each other all the time. Not exactly easy to work a successful relationship. In that sense, I'd almost rather him have a Ms Kuznetzov instead of an International traveler/pro athlete wife. I'd take him happy and more serious about his career though, so whatever works for Ovy.

Old
08-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
- Ovi.
- Lumber Laich.
- Semin.
- Johansson.

Quote:
my only concern with him marrying another pro athlete is that they'll both be on the road away from each other all the time. Not exactly easy to work a successful relationship. In that sense, I'd almost rather him have a Ms Kuznetzov instead of an International traveler/pro athlete wife. I'd take him happy and more serious about his career though, so whatever works for Ovy.
Maria's a rich, pretty girl. Tennis careers are short (it's not like Kirilenko's going to run around the court until 35), and if she accepts to marry Ovy, she may think of ending it even earlier - a life of a tennis player isn't bounty islands. Do it now Ovy, you wont find a better girl

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:17 AM
um

oh HF you never fail to amaze me

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
txpd

Quote:

i know.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:29 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Alex Ovechkin‏@ovi8

Me and Serena Williams!!!we gonna trade rackets and sticks!hahaha thanks u

Maybe he isn't engaged after all.

Wish GMGM would do something so BS threads like this can go away.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Nonsense. I've got ten month old twins. If anything, the boozing has increased and kept me from totally losing what little sanity I have left.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Why hasn't anyone posted this pic yet?

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Marriage is the leading cause of weight gain. True story.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Halpysback

Ah so it's not Semin being a cancer that broke the will of Ovechkin's lionhearted teammates, it's Ovechkin not outscoring Stamkos.

Funny, we in the SDF predicted that now that Semin was gone Ovechkin would become the alpha scapegoat for everything. We just had no idea it would happen like a week later. Wonder how soon the company liners deconstruct him into a cancerous one dimensional 60 point player. I give it til the end of the month.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:10 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Ah so it's not Semin being a cancer that broke the will of Ovechkin's lionhearted teammates, it's Ovechkin not outscoring Stamkos.

Funny, we in the SDF predicted that now that Semin was gone Ovechkin would become the alpha scapegoat for everything. We just had no idea it would happen like a week later. Wonder how soon the company liners deconstruct him into a cancerous one dimensional 60 point player. I give it til the end of the month.
As the one who first brought up Stankos, I've raged on Ovechkin for pretty much two full years. Ovechkin sucks and Semin sucks. 28's departure didn't affect that at all.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:05 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Haha, why does every offseason Ovechkin thread end up in a fat vs not fat debate...

From some of these comments you would think Ovi was looking like the pic below...

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
EverythingPiff
Rookie User

EverythingPiff is offline   Reply With Quote