HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 12:48 PM
fizban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfever View Post
eh..it sucks. Not realistic at all, I made the playoffs 3 years in a row with my average AHL team and gained nothing.

I'll just restart an NHL career and stay with this team for many years.
If you have a decent goalie and a good top line and top pairing, you could always double shift 'em?

Old
07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
It is a brand new computer as of like sunday afternoon, and I haven't had any other problems with programs or games. I think avg is just recognizing one of the components as a threat when it is not really I just have to figure to how to allow it.

And sorry guys for diverting the thread.
No worries. That's what it's for. Not too many other places to turn on the internet for this game any more.

Ever tried Avast antivirus? Gives fewer false positives.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
RO8

Quote:
eh..it sucks. Not realistic at all, I made the playoffs 3 years in a row with my average AHL team and gained nothing.

I'll just restart an NHL career and stay with this team for many years.
The game wants you to be one of the top GMs in your league as in making it deep in the playoffs and even winning a championship or 2. I have spent almost a decade in the CHL, winning multiple championships, before finally making it to the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
No worries. That's what it's for. Not too many other places to turn on the internet for this game any more.

Ever tried Avast antivirus? Gives fewer false positives.
Yeah my buddy was trying to turn me onto it yesterday, it was going to be my backup plan if I couldn't figure out how to let ehm be an exception through avg, maybe I should try it anyway.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I bought this in 2009.

Never have I ever gotten more value out of a game.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
I picked up my old file after laying off for a while. My team got real bad thanks to my self imposed rule of signing no one and trading for no players (only picks, and no forced trades for high firsts). Didn't hurt my skaters. Roster was passable maybe except we had no goalie. I saw no hope of developing one within 3 years after a few years of missing the playoffs so I caved and signed one finally. Team's great now.

In the time that I was bad, I apparently drafted a Byfuglien regen. Didn't look for him, but it's pretty obvious (RD/RW and he's enormous). He's pretty much the best d-man I've ever drafted. After shredding UofM for a few years (53, 61, 107 points, 7.78, 8.39, 9.92 (!!!) ratings), I signed him and sent him to Manch to start the year. He promptly made that league look silly. 6 points in 12 games (3 goals) and an 8.92 rating. So I called him up and so far he's picked up 12 points (5 goals) in his first 29 NHL games with an 8.45 rating. And he does that without picking up PIM. And does it while being a + defender (+10 facing top competition). Thank you Grant Murphy!

Old
08-01-2012, 05:00 AM
croAVSfan*

One thing I don't like in this game is about getting job with national teams. For example, after I won two cups with Avs, in my third or fourth season I missed playoffs and applied for job in Team Canada and Team USA to lead them at World Championship. My reputation was superb (star is the biggest one you can get) and Can along with USA hired some jerks from CHL or some way less reputation coaches. That really pisses me off.

Maybe they don't want me because my nationality is Croatian ? :/

Old
08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
francis246

Just started a new game with the leafs with the 4.2b rosters.. and I had a pretty bad season. I'll upload my roster soon. But I'm at the 2012 Draft and the capitals had the first pick and they made a huge shocker.

Have any of you seen a surprise pick like this in any of your saves? My eyes literally were wide open. Cannot believe they passed up on Yakupov.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis246 View Post
Just started a new game with the leafs with the 4.2b rosters.. and I had a pretty bad season. I'll upload my roster soon. But I'm at the 2012 Draft and the capitals had the first pick and they made a huge shocker.

Have any of you seen a surprise pick like this in any of your saves? My eyes literally were wide open. Cannot believe they passed up on Yakupov.
In one of my saves, a 20 year old south korean was drafted 1st overall by the Sens. Haha. Attributes and stats like he had should never've been drafted at all. Ever.

Old
08-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
is this game a joke? Like seriously?

Everytime I make the playoffs, injuries suddenly happen.

After I took a 2-0 lead against L.A. in the 1st round:

-Datsyuk out 10 days.
-Franzen out 4 months
-Helm out 3 months
-A rookie I just called up: 1 month.

It's ridiculous. Forgot to mention, yes I lost the next 4 games.

Old
08-01-2012, 03:55 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Just went 66-3-1 with Victo in the Q, won JR trophy, 16-1 to win the playoffs and won the Mem cup by scoring 41 goals in 3 games hahahaha.

My gen player, had 200+ points in a shortened season due to the WJC's and OG's...

2015 is his draft year and were hosting the Mem Cup... With basically a full team returning... I'm hoping to go unbeaten.

Old
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
is this game a joke? Like seriously?

Everytime I make the playoffs, injuries suddenly happen.

After I took a 2-0 lead against L.A. in the 1st round:

-Datsyuk out 10 days.
-Franzen out 4 months
-Helm out 3 months
-A rookie I just called up: 1 month.

It's ridiculous. Forgot to mention, yes I lost the next 4 games.
The game is not a joke. Injuries happen often in the more intense playoffs. I change my practice settings sometimes to offset the playoff intensity. Sometimes my tactics too.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:25 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Ovechkin?

Old
08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
The game is not a joke. Injuries happen often in the more intense playoffs. I change my practice settings sometimes to offset the playoff intensity. Sometimes my tactics too.

Thanks for the tip

One of the craziest playoff run ever. I think I won close to 10 OT games

Here's my lineup:

Datsyuk and Franzen with each 4 game winning goals. Quick will win the Conn Smythe.

Old
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
After missing the playoffs for several years, the Kings finally returned with the #2 seed in the conference and promptly STEAMROLLED the league. 16-1 run. 6 shutouts. Absolutely obliterated. My goalie wound up with a .957 sv% and 1.06 GAA. 9.24 rating. Hahahahaha

Grant Murphy (Byfuglien regen) posted a 9.12 rating in his first career playoff run. 12 points and +14 in 17 games. He just went off. He's already the best defenseman in the entire game and he's 21! Usually I get bored of this game by the time the real players retire, but I'm pretty fired up about this team. This dynasty could last a long, long time.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:28 AM
fizban

I ALWAYS change the practice schedule to "resting" the day the regular season ends.

There is a bug with this, whether people want to admit it is another story.

I always have to change my practice to 'resting' at the end of the season or I get 3 or 4 guys every year that go down with injuries they received during practice during the post season.

I agree with what Mike said regarding increased injuries during the playoffs, but those injuries always occur in-game, rather than during practice.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

wow look at that beast. 1st overall in 2010. I had to get him with Datsyuk's retirement. 20 workrate

Old
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

This guy went first overall back in the day

Last edited by kyle evs48: 08-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old
08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Why the hell is my team taking 9-12 penalties each game! In the playoffs! It's killing me!

Old
08-02-2012, 01:07 PM
croAVSfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
This guy went first overall back in the day

Can you take screenshot with his playing carrer ?

Old
08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
Can you take screenshot with his playing carrer ?
I will when I get home from work.

His career high is 23 points, if I recall correctly.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Here's the latest update on the new hockey game from the developers of OOTP Baseball. Taken from their official forum:

Quote:
Since we added a few things for the historical mode into the second pre-beta version I can talk about it a bit:

First of all, the modern game has absolute priority for us in version 1. That said, right now I would say that changes are good to have at least a basic form of historical play.

As others already wrote, with hockey it is much harder to have a historical mode comparable with OOTP. We can't generate ratings from stats, the NHL player database we use is less detailed then the Lahman DB for baseball, we do not have Play by Play data for old seasons.

So what can you (realistically) expect from us in version 1: a database with all NHL teams and players (with bio data and basic career stats). We found a way to rate player without rating them for every year they played in the NHL: basically, each player will get ability ratings for 5 points in his career (start, pre-prime, prime, post-prime, end) and a pre-defined template that describes him best so we can generate plausible skills for every year he played. It will be possible for the researcher to rate prominent player in more detail if the templates are not enough.

So what you most likely can expect from version 1 is the ability to start the NHL in the past, continue through the years, rookies will show up in the draft pool (or assigned to the real teams, your choice), finances will be modified to reflect the time and stats will reflect the years as well (at least stuff we have data for: scoring level, penalties).

I don't want to promise more, time will tell how much resources we can use for historical mode. But hey, even with "just" basic possibilities it is more then most other hockey games offer.
Historical play..

08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
croAVSfan*

When that game will be released ? Is there site with some screenshots ?

Old
08-02-2012, 04:13 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...lz-d30cns2.jpg < my face right now.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:50 PM
montek

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but, i need EHM for a sim league im in. Unfortunately,i keep getting this message: Component MCI32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
and again sorry if this is the wrong place to put this

Old
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by montek View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but, i need EHM for a sim league im in. Unfortunately,i keep getting this message: Component MCI32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
and again sorry if this is the wrong place to put this
http://www.ocxdump.com/ocxfiles/M/Mci32.ocx

Put this in your windows\system32 folder as well as your EHM folder (can't remember which one it needs to go in, both won't hurt).

Closed Thread