HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Detroit makes an offer for Jay. Bo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2012, 09:47 AM
  #76
The Hendog
Registered User
 
The Hendog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
This trade has everything the Flames could want in return for JBo

A young center that is definitely a top 6 forward and defensive dman that is probable a #4 to help spread JBo's lost minutes around on over the entire defensive core

Helps the Flames where they are the weakest (center) without hopefully sacrificing to much when it comes to the D core especially if Brodie continues to mature & improve

Pull the trigger Jay and lets give Hartley as many offensive weapons as we can to build his new system around!

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:53 AM
  #77
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 50
I've thought about this deal alot, and I really like it for us. We do need a dman coming back though.

If I were Feaster I would counter and say he wants Quincey to be part of the deal, which IMO means the Flames need to add. If the asking price was Backlund, I would pull the trigger, but I would start with trying to send them Stajan first.

It would suck to lose Backlund, but look at our lineup.

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Cervenka Filppula Hudler
Baertschi Stajan/Horak Glencross
Stempniak Jones Comeau

Thats pretty damn good, and when you consider Reinhart is not far away from making the NHL and also that we have Horak that could easily take that spot from Stajan, I would make that deal.

Defence:

Gio Wideman
Quincey Brodie
Sarich Butler

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
  #78
jeremywilhelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
If you consider Randy Workman to be a trusted NHL insider, your site is a joke.


Last edited by jeremywilhelm: 07-31-2012 at 10:01 AM.
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:04 AM
  #79
The Hendog
Registered User
 
The Hendog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Although I agree with most people on here that Quincey would be better than Ericcson, I just don't see the Red Wings including Quincey when they traded a 1st round pick for him less than 6 months ago

Unless Holland meant he would use Quincey as an asset when he made this statement shortly after the trade it sounds like they want him in a Red Wings jersey

"This trade was as much for next season as this season," Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said.

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:23 AM
  #80
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 16,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
Although I agree with most people on here that Quincey would be better than Ericcson, I just don't see the Red Wings including Quincey when they traded a 1st round pick for him less than 6 months ago

Unless Holland meant he would use Quincey as an asset when he made this statement shortly after the trade it sounds like they want him in a Red Wings jersey

"This trade was as much for next season as this season," Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said.
Yup, after just re-signing Quincey, I doubt we would trade him. Very unholland-type of a move.

IF Bouwmeester is on the block, I think there are many teams going after him, where one Detroit weakness steps up; we don't have assets to compete.

With Ericsson we would lose very reliable Pker and defensive D. He looked solid at the end of the last season and I think he could breakthrough soon.

I could give up on Fil, though wouldn't want that.

I'm not sure if Fil is good enough to carry a line by himself. Maybe he has developed that much, hard to predict. Cervenka can play C, I think, so at least Flip could play at wing for you guys. I think we can replace Flip more easily.

But I don't see why Calgary would give up on Bouwmeester. This offseason doesn't indicate that you're rebuilding and you just signed a D-pair for him who is good offensively and can play physical.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
  #81
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
If you consider Randy Workman to be a trusted NHL insider, your site is a joke.
Cant be worse than Ecklund.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
  #82
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,879
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
If you consider Randy Workman to be a trusted NHL insider, your site is a joke.
I don't think any of us really "trust" the source, we are just considering the possibilities of a trade like this.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
  #83
calgaryflames1212
Registered User
 
calgaryflames1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Maybe I don't watch Ericsson enough, but I always thought of him as a taller Pardy with a bigger shot. Anyone agree/disagree?
oh no ericsson is more aware defensively than pardy lol! a way better defenceman! could be a 4th D

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
  #84
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,596
vCash: 50
Filppula had his career year playing primarily as a winger to Zetterberg. As a centre, he's never exceeded 40 points. The very last thing the Flames need is another centremen who's better as a winger.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:11 PM
  #85
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,879
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Filppula had his career year playing primarily as a winger to Zetterberg. As a centre, he's never exceeded 40 points. The very last thing the Flames need is another centremen who's better as a winger.
But...but...Cervenka is going to score 70+ this year with Iggy and Cammy!
















InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:19 PM
  #86
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Filppula had his career year playing primarily as a winger to Zetterberg. As a centre, he's never exceeded 40 points. The very last thing the Flames need is another centremen who's better as a winger.
Filppula was a quality center before his breakout this year. He finally gets to play with a true quality talent in Zetterburg and his points go up. Imagine what he can do on this line.

Tanguay/Cammy-Filppula-Iginla

That is a solid top line.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:34 PM
  #87
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,596
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Filppula was a quality center before his breakout this year. He finally gets to play with a true quality talent in Zetterburg and his points go up. Imagine what he can do on this line.

Tanguay/Cammy-Filppula-Iginla

That is a solid top line.
If I'm not mistaken, Filppula's played with Zetterberg before to mediocre results.

As a centremen with Zetterberg/Franzen/Bertuzzi as his wingers, Filppula's never exceeded 40 points.

As a winger with Zetterberg as his centermen, Filppula had a break out year.

Looking at the Wings board, they all emphasize how much better Filppula plays on the wing compared to years past when he was a centremen. The Flames are stacked on wing, they don't need another one, especially at the cost of their best defensemen.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:38 PM
  #88
flameaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Any truth to this rumor? A top-2 center, #4 or 5 D, and pick for Bouwmeester seems more than fair.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
  #89
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Filppula's played with Zetterberg before to mediocre results.

As a centremen with Zetterberg/Franzen/Bertuzzi as his wingers, Filppula's never exceeded 40 points.

As a winger with Zetterberg as his centermen, Filppula had a break out year.

Looking at the Wings board, they all emphasize how much better Filppula plays on the wing compared to years past when he was a centremen. The Flames are stacked on wing, they don't need another one, especially at the cost of their best defensemen.
He's solid in the dot, and smart with the puck. If we can get a better package than this, great. But if not, I'd easily make this deal. We stay stable on the back end, and get a guy who can win FOs and play top 6. I believe his production would hold up getting to play on one of our top 2 lines as a center.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:35 PM
  #90
TimoneX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Flip leaves everything on the ice every single shift. He makes good decisions and plays very solid defensively. If the Wings are seriously looking to trade him for JBo and his large cap hit, I hope it's straight up. JBo is coming off his worst season and Flip is coming off his best season, these guys are heading in exactly opposite directions at this point.

TimoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
  #91
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 50
Filppula and Hudler are winners, they know what it takes to succeed. I'd like to have them both for that reason, plus they already have chemistry together. I think we would be lucky to get Filppula.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:01 PM
  #92
LukeD
On Fire
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Source is not reputable at all, don't get excited about this.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
  #93
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Source is not reputable at all, don't get excited about this.
Yeah, I don't think anyone is. If it happened, great. But most of us take any rumor with a grain of salt. I'm not expecting anything at this point, but if that trade went down I'd be happy.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM
  #94
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 50
I don't think the source is credible either, I sure have never heard of the guy. The reputable media people in Calgary are well known to most. And even more so, it is extremely rare for names to be leaked like that.

With that said, the rumor does make some sense. I could totally see the Wings having an interest in Jbo and the Flames in Filppula. As Gnome said, no one is taking this serious, but just discussing the possibilities. What else do we have to do here in the summer time? We can't discuss "babes".

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
  #95
jtommyt
Registered User
 
jtommyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I don't think the source is credible either, I sure have never heard of the guy. The reputable media people in Calgary are well known to most. And even more so, it is extremely rare for names to be leaked like that.

With that said, the rumor does make some sense. I could totally see the Wings having an interest in Jbo and the Flames in Filppula. As Gnome said, no one is taking this serious, but just discussing the possibilities. What else do we have to do here in the summer time? We can't discuss "babes".
Not an insider at all. His twitter handle is "TheFanBlogger". He's just a regular dude like the rest of us.

The rumour was all over twitter yesterday though. Not sure who it actually originated with.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
  #96
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,058
vCash: 575
I think it would be a fair trade for both teams.

Bouwmeester would do well in the Wings system.

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:29 AM
  #97
jtommyt
Registered User
 
jtommyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames1212 View Post
oh no ericsson is more aware defensively than pardy lol! a way better defenceman! could be a 4th D
I agree... Thinking about this over the past couple of days, I think I'd rather have Ericsson than Quincey. We need some size and toughness on our back end. Quincey's another guy in the Brodie, Butler, Smith mold, and I'm not sure he's a tremendous upgrade over any of those guys.

Ericsson fills more of a need long-term than Quincey does.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
  #98
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtommyt View Post
I agree... Thinking about this over the past couple of days, I think I'd rather have Ericsson than Quincey. We need some size and toughness on our back end. Quincey's another guy in the Brodie, Butler, Smith mold, and I'm not sure he's a tremendous upgrade over any of those guys.

Ericsson fills more of a need long-term than Quincey does.
I think a lot of fans sentiments towards Ericsson are from the stigma he's carried over the last few years. But at this point he's just entering his prime for a dman, and he ended the season really strong.

He's not a tough guy by any means. But he's large and can hold his own in front of the net. He's also relatively healthy and in decent shape, nothing to major injury wise. He'd be a solid add on the 2nd pairing.

Add the fact that we get a top 6 center and I'd deal Bouwmeester if this was the best deal available. If we could land a Berglund or Courturier, I'd be happier. I just don't think Bouwmeester holds that much value.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
  #99
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 50
I just posted this on the mainboards, what do you guys think assuming Stempniak has no problem with the deal as he just resigned.

To Detroit:

Jbo, Stemps, Stajan

To Calgary:

Filppula, Quincey

Lineups:

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Cervenka Filppula Hudler
Baertschi Backlund Glencross
Bouma Jones Comeau

Quincey Wideman
Gio Brodie
Butler Sarich

Personally, I love how that looks!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
  #100
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,879
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I just posted this on the mainboards, what do you guys think assuming Stempniak has no problem with the deal as he just resigned.

To Detroit:

Jbo, Stemps, Stajan

To Calgary:

Filppula, Quincey

Lineups:

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Cervenka Filppula Hudler
Baertschi Backlund Glencross
Bouma Jones Comeau

Quincey Wideman
Gio Brodie
Butler Sarich

Personally, I love how that looks!
Id do it...don't think Detroit would though.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.