HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Instead of Bobby Ryan...

Old
07-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Nope. I wanted the Flyers to draft Maatta this year. Domi is uber-skilled and would be phenomenal beside Roo. Horvat is also very good.

I detest the way Perry plays, the way he's a badass when he's standing behind a linesman and a ***** everywhere else, the way he falls down and then immediately looks to the ref for a call, and his face.
And he elbowed Giroux in the head.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Woolinthesea

How about Visnovsky? If islanders won't get him, i think he could be great addition to our blue line.

Woolinthesea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:34 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I'd rather not gut our team. just let this guys friggin develop together

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:36 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
I would throw up in my mouth a little bit if we acquired Lucic
I would too....out of excitement

he would be one of the most popular Flyers ever

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolinthesea View Post
How about Visnovsky? If islanders won't get him, i think he could be great addition to our blue line.
Yeah, I thought about him too. Checked a couple articles and he seems happy to be in the Island, just not happy about the process.

Even if he wins his grievance, will he put the Isles on his list of 10 teams?

Speaking of old, puckmoving D, do you think Homer will have any interest in Tomas Kaberle 5 years later?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:29 PM
laundryman

I understand why people would like Lucic, but I personally can't stand the guy. Then again, I don't like anyone on the Bruins

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Why are people so envisioned with gutting this teams depth? Serious question.
I honestly think it's just the feeling of being in the sweepstakes for reportedly so many big names that coming out empty would be a bummer. When hearing that we have a chance for a number of big players, it sort of overrides the reality of how good our team currently is. Also, Homers big moves last season gave us something new to look forward to and I think people expect something similar to happen again.

I like our team a lot, although the defense could use some tweaking. And a different back up goalie would make me feel much more comfortable.

Frodo Baggins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Yeah, I thought about him too. Checked a couple articles and he seems happy to be in the Island, just not happy about the process.

Even if he wins his grievance, will he put the Isles on his list of 10 teams?

Speaking of old, puckmoving D, do you think Homer will have any interest in Tomas Kaberle 5 years later?
Can someone fill me in on what the situation is on Visnovsky and what he's not happy about?

Frodo Baggins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:33 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
Can someone fill me in on what the situation is on Visnovsky and what he's not happy about?
That his NTC was valid and Anaheim never requested his permission to be traded.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:48 AM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Why are people so envisioned with gutting this teams depth? Serious question.
Serious Answer: look at the other thread called 'Forwards role in NJ loss'.

Basically, many of us feel that we dont have as much depth as we think. We have many forwards who put up gaudy stats in reg season, then in POs against a team like NJ they disappear.

Rather than having three forwards who do nothing vs Devils in PO (but put up numbers in reg season), I have no problem dumping all three to get just one who performs when it counts.

I'm not going into details here but details are being discussed on th thread dedicated to the subject. That thread specifically says NJ loss wasnt JUST goaltending and defense, the forwards had problems as well.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Serious Answer: look at the other thread called 'Forwards role in NJ loss'.

Basically, many of us feel that we dont have as much depth as we think. We have many forwards who put up gaudy stats in reg season, then in POs against a team like NJ they disappear.

Rather than having three forwards who do nothing vs Devils in PO (but put up numbers in reg season), I have no problem dumping all three to get just one who performs when it counts.

I'm not going into details here but details are being discussed on th thread dedicated to the subject. That thread specifically says NJ loss wasnt JUST goaltending and defense, the forwards had problems as well.
You must have missed the list of injuries and surgeries.

07-28-2012, 12:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
injuries are usually conveniently forgotten. gutless, heartless and dissapearing sounds better to some people.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:32 AM
rban*

Quote:
No excuses. We should have had enough depth to cover this. Kovalchuk was playing hurt for NJ.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
No excuses. We should have had enough depth to cover this. Kovalchuk was playing hurt for NJ.
Your depth doesn't make much difference when it's all injured too. Over half the team had notable injuries, and a bunch of them required surgery. We would have needed an NFL-sized roster to have the depth to cover that. Saying "Oh, but Kovalchuk!" doesn't help your case. One key player compared to Giroux, Jagr, Grossmannnnnn, Timonen, Bryz and JVR (to just name a few) doesn't come out as being equal.

This reminds me of all the people who wrote Carter off as a choker because he couldn't put up a large number of points with fairly serious injuries. I remember saying that we should probably wait until he has a healthy postseason to judge him. He just had the healthiest postseason we've seen in something like 4-5 years, and what happened? He was crucial to LA's success. So, let's take that lesson and apply it to this roster. Don't judge them until they're failing while healthy. The Pitt series really banged up our already gimpy roster. The "injuries aren't an excuse!" mantra is complete BS. Injuries are absolutely an excuse. Do you blame Callahan for not playing against Washington last year because of his broken leg? Did that make him a choker? I mean, he did literally disappear in those playoffs. Pronger must be the biggest choker on our team (by your logic), guy didn't do a thing in this year's playoffs! Do you see why the "injuries no excuse" thing doesn't work yet?

It's absurd that you write the roster off as one that disappears in the playoffs after just one playoff performance where very few key players were healthy in any part of the lineup.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 07-30-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:02 AM
JMatt

Since we do have some cap money to burn... I'm just curious, what would 1 playoff run of Jarome Iginla cost @ the deadline? Couldn't be much more than a 1st if the Flames are out of contention, no?

I'd probably trade a 1st for him at the deadline. He'd fit in perfectly on this team in my opinion.

JMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:55 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatt View Post
Since we do have some cap money to burn... I'm just curious, what would 1 playoff run of Jarome Iginla cost @ the deadline? Couldn't be much more than a 1st if the Flames are out of contention, no?

I'd probably trade a 1st for him at the deadline. He'd fit in perfectly on this team in my opinion.
The fans wouldn't want a 1st, knowing Feaster will blow it on something idiotic.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:01 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatt View Post

I probably wouldn't do it, I don't think this team is one Jarome Iginla away from a Stanley Cup and in a few years as they have to start increasing the payroll for guys like Couturier, Schenn, Giroux (I'm aware money comes off as well) it'd be nice to have a player or two capable of stepping into a role on an ELC.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:24 PM
phillyfanatic

Why don't I want Corey Perry? Why do I hate him? Prooly sumtin to do with dis

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 03:34 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Seen a twitt today that Ducks asking for cooters and schenn in any ryan deal homer not going to part with eithier we dont need ryan any where we need help is on the blue line and maybe a 4th liner .

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Hartnell, Briere, Jagr, Grossmann, Timonen, and Bryzgalov were all hurt. 7 forwards, two defensemen and a goaltender. There was no way they were going to beat Jersey.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Hartnell, Briere, Jagr, Grossmann, Timonen, and Bryzgalov were all hurt. 7 forwards, two defensemen and a goaltender. There was no way they were going to beat Jersey.
JVR. 8 forwards...out of 12.

Old
08-01-2012, 04:29 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
And Pronger was out injured and possibly both MAB and Kubina were out injured.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
And Pronger was out injured and possibly both MAB and Kubina were out injured.
And who knows if Mez was actually healthy.

Old
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
And who knows if Mez was actually healthy.
I saw somewhere on twitter that Homer said Mez is fine now but did play hurt in the playoffs.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote