HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs - Ducks

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Henrik To Daniel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
calgary would have to add something
M Stajan

Old
08-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Yeah, because all Avs fans actually want to make that deal.
Well, I don't think we'd be well advised to look for a deal that all opposing fans of a team would want to make around here. That's a safe way to either get very amused or very depressed, and I'd rather not take the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
that's too much for bobby ryan.... the ducks fans believe that ryan is a god but he's just a good player. Comon, bobby ryan's value is not that high !...
That's not really a compelling argument. I could insert all kinds names in there and say the same thing. Like, Duchene's...

Old
08-01-2012, 06:46 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAvenger View Post
If we had to, I'd prefer:

Ryan+Cogliano for Stastny+McGinn.

I believe McGinn plays LW and showed (will prove this season IMO) he can be a dependable Top-6 guy. Of course, the Avs just extended him (so one reason less they would trade him).

Avs would still have a great top 6 in some combination of:

Duchene
O'Reilly
Landeskog
Ryan
Paranteau
Jones
Hejduk
Downie

While Anaheim's Top-6 can go with some combination of:

Getzlaf
Perry
Selanne
Stastny
McGinn
DSP
Palmieri

Despite all that, I think Ducks start the year with Holland/Bonino, though; and see how they do.
So if McGinn looks like a top 6 guy why the hell would we be ok with including him in the deal? It's called.. not no but HELL NO do we add another top 6 forward to Stastny for Ryan.

And for that poster who was talking about salary.. GAUNCE AND BARRIE ARE STILL ON TWO-WAY CONTRACTS.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I think value is there but I'm not sure stastny is the guy anaheim is looking for. I don't think it's a bad offer, but I don't think anaheim fans are wrong in saying no either. I think i'd rather just keep Ryan if I were them. It's enough to make them listen but not enough to pry him away.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Jesus Teemu

It's actually OK, I think the Ducks would want Gaunce. Would prefer Duchene for Ryan straight up though.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:52 PM
PAZ

I don't even know why Avs fans want Ryan. Our top 9 is looking decent rolling 3 scoring lines. Getting a partner for EJ is the priority, rather than grabbing Ryan.

Ryan - RoR - Landeskog
Paranteau - Duchene - Hejduk
Downie - Olver - Jones

Imo, that lineup doesn't even look much better, if at all. Basically getting a proven goal scorer, but losing a potential 20+ goal scorer + our main playmaking center.

Old
08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I think value is there but I'm not sure stastny is the guy anaheim is looking for. I don't think it's a bad offer, but I don't think anaheim fans are wrong in saying no either. I think i'd rather just keep Ryan if I were them. It's enough to make them listen but not enough to pry him away.
Personally I would trade O'Reilly for Ryan, but your not going to find many Avs fans who would agree with me.

As far as having to have a third line center coming back.. Yeah that would be nice but having Mitchell, Olver, Malone, Heard, Hishon and Sgarbossa all as centers competing for the 3rd/4th line center positions, I think we would survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I don't even know why Avs fans want Ryan. Our top 9 is looking decent rolling 3 scoring lines. Getting a partner for EJ is the priority, rather than grabbing Ryan.

Ryan - RoR - Landeskog
Paranteau - Duchene - Hejduk
Downie - Olver - Jones

Imo, that lineup doesn't even look much better, if at all. Basically getting a proven goal scorer, but losing a potential 20+ goal scorer + our main playmaking center.
I'm just curious are you familiar with the difference between RW & LW?

Our RWs include Parenteau, Jones, Downie, and Hejduk with Jones having the ability to play LW as well. And actually Ryan is a natural RW and plays both sides as well. Oh and you forgot McGinn.

(pssssssst HEJDUK ISN'T A TOP 6 FORWARD. Just saying..)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 08-01-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old
08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, I don't think we'd be well advised to look for a deal that all opposing fans of a team would want to make around here. That's a safe way to either get very amused or very depressed, and I'd rather not take the risk.
However, is the goal not to determine the most realistic, logical and fair proposal possible?

Duchene is 21 and Ryan is 25, yet Duchene's best season was 4 points less than Ryan's while he was playing alongside Getzlaf and Perry.

So what are you going to add to Ryan to make it worthwhile for the Avs to trade him for a winger, not even our most pressing need?

Better yet, even if the Avs considered moving Stastny for him, who does Ryan play with? We have McGinn, Downie, Parenteau, Jones, Hejduk and Landeskog whom are all viable top 6/9 options, none of them should be playing 4th line minutes, let alone the fact we'd have no 3rd line center for 2 of the 7 wingers to play with.

It simply doesn't make sense no matter how you cut it.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:02 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
However, is the goal not to determine the most realistic, logical and fair proposal possible?

Duchene is 21 and Ryan is 25, yet Duchene's best season was 4 points less than Ryan's while he was playing alongside Getzlaf and Perry.

So what are you going to add to Ryan to make it worthwhile for the Avs to trade him for a winger, not even our most pressing need?

Agree with this part ^

Better yet, even if the Avs considered moving Stastny for him, who does Ryan play with? We have McGinn, Downie, Parenteau, Jones, Hejduk and Landeskog whom are all viable top 6/9 options, none of them should be playing 4th line minutes, let alone the fact we'd have no 3rd line center for 2 of the 7 wingers to play with.

This part no.. ^
Except Hejduk..

Do you really believe Jones belongs on on our first line? Or even one of the main offensive lines? We do need a legit top line winger and we do have the players to compensate for the loss of a third line center.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

That line of thinking is so idiotic. Look, talented players sometimes play with talented players. I'm sorry that our coach didn't think to sandbag our team that year in order to establish some sort of statistical baseline for rival fans at Hockey's Future.

As for the OP, Duchene or O'Reilly+.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Sure. But considering all those, I still find Duchene to be a more viable option than Stastny. The far most realistic option obviously is nothing happening, which I absolutely expect. But I don't see a deal around Stastny happening.

Quote:
Nope, nothing. If you guys aren't sold on him, we'll gladly keep him around. I absolutely understand the organisational need aspects that make it senseless for the Avs to even inquire, but that isn't really a determination that would matter a lot to Anaheim's side of things, as they are in no way limited to Colorado as a partner.

Quote:
I can understand that. And I agree, actually. Makes no sense for the Avs in their current situation - as far as I can see and have been made aware - to be a top suitor for Ryan.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericchurchavsfan View Post
His cap hit is only around 1 mil (a little higher then that) more than ryan, who has said he doesn't want to be in anaheim, while stastny was also expressing displeasure with management after the johnson trade. duchene loves the avs and is the future of the franchise. he will NOT be traded
I love how much is wrong with this post. Ryan never said he doesn't want to be in Anaheim. He said he wants the trade rumors to stop. Also the cash is 1 mill higher which is way to much for a downgrade. Not to mention the fact that Ryan is signed for longer.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:09 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That line of thinking is so idiotic. Look, talented players sometimes play with talented players. I'm sorry that our coach didn't think to sandbag our team that year in order to establish some sort of statistical baseline for rival fans at Hockey's Future.

As for the OP, Duchene or O'Reilly+.
What would the plus on O'Reilly be?

Old
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Mrb1p

Stasny is a better hockey player. Yet Anaheim get's the big deal...

Old
08-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
What would the plus on O'Reilly be?
Don't know and don't feel like haggling over it.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post

That's not really a compelling argument. I could insert all kinds names in there and say the same thing. Like, Duchene's...
Ryan is just a winger, the avs send a center with practically the same amount of skills + they add a great prospect in Gaunce... when you know all the rumors surrounded Ryan (because of his work ethic).

Old
08-01-2012, 07:20 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Don't know and don't feel like haggling over it.
Fair enough

Old
08-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Ryan is just a winger, the avs send a center with practically the same amount of skills + they add a great prospect in Gaunce... when you know all the rumors surrounded Ryan (because of his work ethic).
What?

Old
08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
What?
This is what reporters and some retired players say, and it's probably why he didn't play all season with getzlaf and perry

Old
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
This is what reporters and some retired players say, and it's probably why he didn't play all season with getzlaf and perry
Getzlaf is the player that gets knocked for his work ethic, not Ryan.

Old
avsman

I wouldn' want to move any centers for Ryan, he is an elite goal scoring winger, but i think our forward corps will be just fine the way they are this coming season with the potential addition of a cheap reclamation project to try on Duchene's left side

Old
Force951

Quote:
Have anything to back this up or are you just spouting off bull****?

Old
08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Ryan is just a winger, the avs send a center with practically the same amount of skills + they add a great prospect in Gaunce...
Stastny really does not have the same amount of skills.

Quote:
No, a classic principle of "spreading out your offense" is the reason why he didn't play all season with Getzlaf and Perry. They only need a complimentary player to play with them, and there's limited impact a player can have playing with them. Ryan can play there, but is wasted, as he's talented enough to lead a line on his own. And when Getzlaf and Perry aren't playing well, the line as a whole won't produce, so there's no reason to let Ryan go to waste, as well. It has nothing to do with work ethic.

Old
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Have anything to back this up or are you just spouting off bull****?
''bobby ryan work ethic'' on google

Old
08-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
''bobby ryan work ethic'' on google
That is not a source.

Closed Thread