HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Unity Thread

Old
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
The Unity Thread

Let's just figure this stuff out and find some common grounds on some of the issues. No being ultra defensive, let's all hear the other sides out.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 08:54 PM
RayP

Sorry, had to.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:00 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post

Sorry, had to.
Glad you did bro.

Old
08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Glad you did bro.
Well, on a serious note. If we're going to try and unify ourselves on certain subjects... given you're the thread starter. Emery is the first one probably worth doing so, if we do go forward with this thread.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
I'm just ready to see the Hawks play some hockey again, barring a lock out.

We have a good team that's fun to watch. They will be competitive.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

We're all Blackhawk fans here. Ultimately all we want is for the team to do well. Some of us just... disagree on how exactly management should go about getting that done

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I'm just ready to see the Hawks play some hockey again, barring a lock out.

We have a good team that's fun to watch. They will be competitive.
no they won't derp derp derp

i agree with everything you said though. i just want the season to start.

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:04 PM
digdug41982

Emery. I admire what he did coming back from very serious injury. I love his feistiness. I never have ever felt he didn't give it all he had on every move he made. However, he's maxing the **** out of an empty gas tank and it's just not enough, that's it. That's Emery for me.

Old
08-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Crawford is really my only big issue. If we get another big solid LW and a depth C (Moore type), that could do us some good too. Nothing major unless Crawford doesn't perform. If he does, we are going places.

Done.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

let's just knock-out an easy one.

We can all unify and say that Marcus Kruger is deserving and beyond capable of producing big time numbers as our second line center next season.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:24 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
let's just knock-out an easy one.

We can all unify and say that Marcus Kruger is deserving and beyond capable of producing big time numbers as our second line center next season.
Not only that - Stalberg is the best winger in the history of the world ... just kidding

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Cullksinikers

Kruger is going to have an amazing year and progress in all facets of the game and be a valuable core piece moving forward.

Am I doing this right?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Mike Kitchen needs to have his role expanded more.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Cullksinikers

Number two center issue has been solved.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Corey Crawford is a wall and is especially strong in the biggest moments.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

why do we need unity? Many will never agree that some guys are good or better - better said good enough - and think that we have to win the Cup every year. Some never came back to reality after we won the Cup. Winning the Cup is a very very special thing that we may never see again as Hawks Fans.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
hockeydoug

I miss Bob Pulford. It was so much simpler being a Hawks fan when there were little to no expectations.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I miss Bob Pulford. It was so much simpler being a Hawks fan when there were little to no expectations.
Yeah, if they had just left the team alone after 96-97, it would have been fine. Hackett could have carried us to the playoffs a few times where we didn't make it. I think so, anyway. That was a bad trade. Bob Murray, Pulford, Wirtz, not sure who ultimately pushed for that Montreal trade but that set us back. Nothing against Thibault, he was pretty good at times but no Hackett.

Old
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
why do we need unity? Many will never agree that some guys are good or better - better said good enough - and think that we have to win the Cup every year. Some never came back to reality after we won the Cup. Winning the Cup is a very very special thing that we may never see again as Hawks Fans.
We should be able to come to an understading on at least a few of the issues we blather on about every single day. I think Emery is an easy one. .900 is not a capable backup. It was at one time, the first season after the lockout, back in the 90's, but not 2012. I wonder why people say he's a "capable backup". He's not. And I said good things about him. It's not a lack of effort. It's a lack of capabilities.

Kruger, I think most if not all of us see that he can be good, but right now he hasn't shown he is ready for a big role on the team. That's just a fact. It seems like he is working hard and maybe he'll come in better this year. Obviously that is what we all want. He is hyped up like a Selke quality defensive forward by some of you guys though and it is irritating. He's an OK 4th line center that can't win faceoffs. Like I said, maybe he will be better this year, but he has to be. He certainly has potential to at least be a quality 3rd line C. You need to put some size on his wings though because he'll never have it.

Stalberg. Here's another one. It seems like if you are a big Kruger fan, often times you don't like Stalberg. Dude is making less than a million and potting 20 goals. How can you not be happy with that? His speed, it's fun as hell to watch, especially live at the UC. He's a thoroughbred.

Quenneville, what's he got, 600 something wins? I think he's getting a really raw deal here. People talk about him like he is Eddie O as a coach. He's not my favorite coach by any means. I put him about 10-12 in the league. He was bad last year, no doubt about it. He's not working with a full deck though. And yeah, he has bad choices in assistants. He kept Savard's guys when he came in. We should have probably kept Havi and brought Torch back and just went with what worked. Bowman could have stepped in and did that. Q is on watch, but he shouldn't have one foot out the door because of a sub par year with a team that had A LOT of issues of all kinds.

I'll do Bowman later.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Sevanston

Nothing but respect for Emery. I really like the guy. I think on a team with a better starter or a better defense, he'd do pretty well.

But we aren't that team. He didn't show that he deserved to come back, and I cannot wrap my head around resigning him for another year.

I don't think he's part of the problem that's holding us back from being serious Cup contenders, but he certainly doesn't seem to be part of the solution.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:55 AM
digdug41982

Yeah, I think he'd be better on the Rangers. Conversely, I think Biron needs to face MORE shots. He'd be better here. Seems like a good swap, obviously we would have to add though, maybe a 4th or something.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
BobbyJet

[QUOTE=coldsteelonice84;53213769]We should be able to come to an understading on at least a few of the issues we blather on about every single day. I think Emery is an easy one. .900 is not a capable backup. It was at one time, the first season after the lockout, back in the 90's, but not 2012. I wonder why people say he's a "capable backup". He's not. And I said good things about him. It's not a lack of effort. It's a lack of capabilities.

QUOTE]

Well so much for unity … you’ve had it out for Emery before he even donned a Blackhawk uniform.

By far the larger concerns are the play of Crawford as well as the dysfunction that starts with the relationship between Q and Stan. Emery did an adequate job as backup and over the season outplayed Crawford. And please don’t throw any stats at me. I saw what I saw.

The fact that Q kept handing the starting role back to CC and that he did not have the faith in Emery to prove he could play more than a few games in succession, is further evidence to me that Stan and Q are not on the same page. Emery may have won us a game ( 2 actually) in the PO’s that CC blew pretty much single handedly, but we’ll never know.

After all that, for Stan to re-sign Emery after CC had already been inked into a contract 12 months earlier is mystifying beyond belief. And right now, it looks like we begin the season in the same rut.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
That Toews guy can stick around for awhile.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Hawkaholic

No unity from me re:Emery.

I like him as the back up, I just hate our starting goalie.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No unity from me re:Emery.

I like him as the back up, I just hate our starting goalie.
At the moment, I don't see a way to argue in favor of either one of them.

They both had equally bad seasons.

And don't try to sell me on Crawford's potential either, because frankly potential doesn't equal performance, and performance is what really matters. Brandon Whitney has plenty of potential too, but I don't want him anywhere near the UC next year unless he's a Black Ace in the playoffs.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote