HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues front office layoffs

Old
08-01-2012, 08:32 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
And then when you go to Nashville, and all of their fans understand what it means to wait.

I feel like the 5,000 of us that sat through the horrible seasons should be able to carry a card that allows us to throw those people over the railings.
I agree. A small part of me misses those days because it was like having the arena to yourself. No waiting in long lines for beer or toilets.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:08 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
I'm not suprised to hear this, since during the press conference when Stillman was asked what his priorities were we all heard it was to get the Blues " in financial order. "

JD at some point I presume will be offered a settlement and retire or go back into broadcasting soon.

Last edited by JustOneB4IDie: 08-02-2012 at 02:38 AM.
JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:00 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I agree. A small part of me misses those days because it was like having the arena to yourself. No waiting in long lines for beer or toilets.
There are times that I miss being able to sprawl out at the games. Being able to sit every other seat and let your legs hang over the seat in front of you. Then I remember how bad Kitchen hockey was and thank god it's over.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
STL fan in IA

Guys, please keep this thread Blues related or it's going to get locked if it gets too far off tangent.

Regarding the layoffs, I don't know how I feel about them. I never like to hear about peoria losing their jobs but it really depends on the circumstances. It sounds lime these were all office jobs (not hockey operations) so if they were just trimming the fat, then it's a good move. If there was no fat to trim and they're now working with a skeleton crew in the office, then it's a bad move. I don't think any of us know enough about the details and inner workings of the Blues office staff, workloads, etc. to say one way or another though.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
ChicagoBlues

Blues front office layoffs. There have been some.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:13 PM
PlagerBros*

From what I heard they basically laid off the highest paid people in positions that can easily be filled by low cost people, like ticket sales. NHL teams do things like this a lot. Two years ago in Columbus they were hiring sales people, entry level was $18,000! Another team was doing sales teams in shifts, hire low cost people for six months then bring in a new group at the same pay rate. There are always people wanting to get a foot in the door and they never have to give raises based on length of employment or success.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

The Blackhawks just laid off some of their front office staff as well. Possibly a cost cutting move because of the possibility of a lock out.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...-Ice/128/45918

Last edited by bluemandan: 08-03-2012 at 01:16 AM.
bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...a4bcf6878.html

More front office movement. Sounds like AlMac wants to spend more time following his kids. Dave Taylor to VP, DeMaio is director of pro scouting taking over for McDonald, who will remain GM of Peoria. Giving Taylor a more prominent role adds some more experience at the very top.

Davidson still hasnt been resolved, but you wonder if it has since they made these moves. Not sure what jobs are still available out there that he would be interviewing for.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote