HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread IV: Vorassic Park

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
  #326
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPRichardsCarter View Post
Just throwing this out there...What about Mike Knuble?
Love him, but no shot. Would much rather have Dom Moore.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
  #327
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 767
vCash: 50
I feel like everything has been too quiet again. Hopefully Holmgren has something brewin'


Last edited by LetsGoFlyers1825: 08-01-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Holmgren
LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 06:56 PM
  #328
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Homer always has something brewing

Krishna is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 07:12 PM
  #329
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Hopefully Shane Doan and Dominic Moore are the only things brewing, then we call it an offseason.

sobrien is online now  
Old
08-01-2012, 07:27 PM
  #330
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Hopefully Shane Doan and Dominic Moore are the only things brewing, then we call it an offseason.
Would be tremendous, but I suspect we miss on Doan, then make a trade that makes at least a few on the board cringe... likely around Simmonds or Read.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
  #331
elecguitardude27
Registered User
 
elecguitardude27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Would be tremendous, but I suspect we miss on Doan, then make a trade that makes at least a few on the board cringe... likely around Simmonds or Read.
Please no!!! Simmonds especially, he shows sooo much heart and is a flyer through and through imo.

elecguitardude27 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 08:48 PM
  #332
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecguitardude27 View Post
Please no!!! Simmonds especially, he shows sooo much heart and is a flyer through and through imo.
Avatar thief!!!

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Old
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
  #333
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Avatar thief!!!

Krishna is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 09:46 PM
  #334
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 500
may be a quiet off season and they give young guys a shot ti fill out the 4th line while they see how Coots and Schenn progress. Maybe a veteran camp try out that surprises.

Curious to see if Holmstrom and Sestito get a shot to start the season.


Bottom 6

Read - Coots - Rusty
Sestito/Talbot - Holmstrom/Talbot - Talbot/Wellwood

See how things shake out and save the tagging space until the deadline.

lancer247 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
  #335
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
i dont know im not confident in this team, because it's the same team accept ruslan and schenn added, the first and second line really needs grit on this team even if they dont get ryan, this team is still too soft to win a cup unless they get grit players.

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM
  #336
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,679
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont know im not confident in this team, because it's the same team accept ruslan and schenn added, the first and second line really needs grit on this team even if they dont get ryan, this team is still too soft to win a cup unless they get grit players.
So Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo, Sestito, and Schenn don't bring grit? Hell, Giroux plays a hard game, and Voracek is persistent.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
  #337
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
So Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo, Sestito, and Schenn don't bring grit? Hell, Giroux plays a hard game, and Voracek is persistent.

the whole team has to be gritty, that's the problem with the flyers in general, you got a couple of players that play with energy and grit and some that play soft and lazy, you cant win that way, it never does.

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 10:36 PM
  #338
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,679
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
the whole team has to be gritty, that's the problem with the flyers in general, you got a couple of players that play with energy and grit and some that play soft and lazy, you cant win that way, it never does.
...who would these lazy players be?

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 10:56 PM
  #339
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Would be tremendous, but I suspect we miss on Doan, then make a trade that makes at least a few on the board cringe... likely around Simmonds or Read.
I'm all for moving Simmonds, I like him but of all forwards im most comfortable havin him center piece a deal, only if we acquire a top line guy. Always liked that Simmonds read 1st for Ryan deal.

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
  #340
elecguitardude27
Registered User
 
elecguitardude27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Avatar thief!!!
LOL sorry!! I had no idea. Lindros is my all-time favorite player. I found another good one.

elecguitardude27 is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 12:12 AM
  #341
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecguitardude27 View Post
LOL sorry!! I had no idea. Lindros is my all-time favorite player. I found another good one.
Just messing with ya.

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Old
08-02-2012, 01:28 AM
  #342
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,374
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
the whole team has to be gritty, that's the problem with the flyers in general, you got a couple of players that play with energy and grit and some that play soft and lazy, you cant win that way, it never does.
yeah who needs skill when you can have 20 players with grit

you need a mix of skill, toughness and grit.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
08-02-2012, 05:49 AM
  #343
flyerfanish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Can you guys please stop qouting that toughfighterguy? It kind of ruins my ignore on him.

OT:
Im kind of satisfied with our current lineup. Sure, a 4th line center would be nice. But how many times have we asked for that? Never happens it seems

Im not sure about Doan. He's a great player, but multiple years for such an old guy is dangerous. Especially when we got 3 great players asking for more cash in two years.

flyerfanish is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 08:43 AM
  #344
Lockjaw333
Registered User
 
Lockjaw333's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I'm all for moving Simmonds, I like him but of all forwards im most comfortable havin him center piece a deal, only if we acquire a top line guy. Always liked that Simmonds read 1st for Ryan deal.
Yikes, really?!

I think they would be nuts to trade Simmonds right now. Could be ready to break out for 30+ garbage goals in front.

Lockjaw333 is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 08:55 AM
  #345
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanish View Post
Can you guys please stop qouting that toughfighterguy? It kind of ruins my ignore on him.
what's your problem anyway? you dont want to hear my opinions? you want me to say this team will win a cup, just by looking at this team on paper?

im sorry but what's wrong with having some doubts? this team hasnt won in 37 years, you are acting like they won it in 3 years, i cant understand how people are saying that this team will win a cup despite the fact they lost 2 offensive players and replacing one that's not even better than jagr or jvr and you think this team will just score 100 goals a game like last year?

dont get me wrong i want the flyers to win a cup but this is team isnt a cup contender, they havent won it in 37 years, what makes you think they will win one now?

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 09:17 AM
  #346
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 799
vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
dont get me wrong i want the flyers to win a cup but this is team isnt a cup contender, they havent won it in 37 years, what makes you think they will win one now?
because anything is possible, especially in sports. And if you do not believe that, then you are a sad human being who only thrives on negativity and not worth anyones time.

Mkoll is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
  #347
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i cant understand how people are saying that this team will win a cup ...
Where are all these people? Can you give us some quotes?

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 09:30 AM
  #348
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
There is no doubt in my mind the Flyers are winning the cup this year. Best team ever assembled.

Prongo is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
  #349
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
There is no doubt in my mind the Flyers are winning the cup this year. Best team ever put together.
Have you forgot about the mighty penguins

Krishna is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
  #350
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
There is no doubt in my mind the Flyers are winning the cup this year. Best team ever assembled.
100% agreed. The addition of MFL is exactly what this team needed to put them over the top.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.