HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Jbo to Detroit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 10:08 PM
  #26
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Smith is on the level of untouchable as Baertschi I believe according to Holland, not much point in even trying to bring him up. Not entirely correct, Flippers actually got more defensive zone starts it seems this year along with Zetterberg, but you have to remember that both are capable at taking faceoffs too, but his PP and offensive starts definitely increased this year.

Wally: What I mean is that we perennially see #2 centers in Calgary like Joker, Stajan, Langkow etc... I don't believe we getting yet another #2 center will change our standing much.

I would do either of the above two listed trades involving Kindl. However you guys need to know that while Kindl plays physically and has a solid two way game, he lacks consistency and one shift he will look like a top pairing guy, and sometimes he will look like a 3rd pairing. He would be like Gio, before going to Russia and still needs to polish his game further. I don't believe he will reach his potential of a top pairing dman. Or another way to look at him is Kronwall with half the offensive level and unpolished.

Also FYI, Quincey isn't signed yet, and has filed for arbitration.


Edit: The irony of this is over on the Wings section, they think I'm offering too much for Jbo Most of the arguments revolve around lack of intensity and lack of winning history heh. So I think if both sides think I'm overpaying, I must be fairly close to the optimal trade value ranges
I bet you would do those trades...

Some quotes from behindthenet with regards to their release of their player charts:

Quote:
...don't let Valterri Filppula's box score statistics fool you - the Wings were dominated when he was on the ice.

There were only three forwards dominated as badly or worse that Filpulla but strangely they were ones getting some of the most sheltered ice-time in the entire leagure, depth winger Jan Mursak, rookie Cory Emmerton and famed veteran Tomas Holmstrom.
So no ****ing way are we trading Bouwmeester for Filppula. I don't care what Wings' fans are saying, we're not giving up a minute eating top pairing defensemen for anything less that a potential top 4 defensemen in Smith. I don't care if they think it's an overpayment, I don't care how bad tfong wants his Wings to get better, there's better deals around the league, hence I never thought the Wings were good trading partners.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:34 AM
  #27
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 500
I wasn't the one to bring up Flippers lol, someone else wanted him added to the trade.

As for Smith vs Jbo, I'm almost hesitant to say that Smith may bring the same level of offense already as Jbo and may eventually the same level of defense within a year or two. Of course that was with limited viewings this year as Smith only played 14 games.

If Smith was in the deal it'd be pretty close to a 1v1 deal with maybe another piece going back to Calgary, albeit a very minor piece.

Due to team needs, I would part with Nyqvist before I parted with Smith for Jbo.

PS: Where does behindthenet quote come from? Can you link me? I find it hard to believe they say that about Flippers. I mean dominated or not, he still got 60+ points which is pretyt difficult to do if you are being "dominated" all the time.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:16 PM
  #28
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I wasn't the one to bring up Flippers lol, someone else wanted him added to the trade.

As for Smith vs Jbo, I'm almost hesitant to say that Smith may bring the same level of offense already as Jbo and may eventually the same level of defense within a year or two. Of course that was with limited viewings this year as Smith only played 14 games.

If Smith was in the deal it'd be pretty close to a 1v1 deal with maybe another piece going back to Calgary, albeit a very minor piece.

Due to team needs, I would part with Nyqvist before I parted with Smith for Jbo.

PS: Where does behindthenet quote come from? Can you link me? I find it hard to believe they say that about Flippers. I mean dominated or not, he still got 60+ points which is pretyt difficult to do if you are being "dominated" all the time.
You can download behindthenet's player usage chart file here:
http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/6/...r-usage-charts

The link is found in the blogger's last paragraph. Gleninator, if I recall, was throwing this around in a thread a few weeks back with hopes of defending Iggy's two-way play.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:56 PM
  #29
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Filppula brings one definite advantage over many other potential acquisitions the Flames could make; he has ridiculous and long-term chemistry with Hudler. That instantly makes the first line Hudler/Filppula/Iginla and maybe you flip Glencross to the right side for a second line of Tanguay/Cervenka/Glencross


Last edited by pdd: 07-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.
pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:19 PM
  #30
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Filppula brings one definite advantage over many other potential acquisitions the Flames could make; he has ridiculous and long-term chemistry with Hudler. That instantly makes the first line Hudler/Filppula/Iginla and maybe you flip Glencross to the right side for a second line of Tanguay/Cervenka/Glencross
No outside this year they were never that good together.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:15 PM
  #31
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 500
So the deal out there is Jbo for Flippers, JE and probably a 4th?

That's pretty close to Burns proposal except you take out Backlund and downgrade the Detroit side as well.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:19 PM
  #32
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 133
Detroit fans and Flames fans seem to be really split on this.

That must mean the value is close IMO.

Its a good trade when you both love it and hate it.

There probably isn't much truth to this anyway.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:20 PM
  #33
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I think Ironhook (Jarnkrok)can be moved if it was Jbo.
No chance.

Same for Smith, no chance.

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
  #34
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
No chance.

Same for Smith, no chance.
Can is not will.


Last edited by tfong: 07-31-2012 at 08:54 AM.
tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 06:33 PM
  #35
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Detroit fans and Flames fans seem to be really split on this.

That must mean the value is close IMO.

Its a good trade when you both love it and hate it.

There probably isn't much truth to this anyway.
Haha I'm with you.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:44 AM
  #36
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Can is not will.
Ok ill play this game.

Iginla can get moved for Chris Neil.

Ovechkin can get moved for Tyler Kennedy.

Chara can get moved for Ian White.

Fun.

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:23 PM
  #37
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Discussed this on the wings board already, let's see what you guys think.

Jbo
Roster dump from bottom 6

For

Quincey
Mursak or 2nd
Tatar/Pulkkinen/Sproul/Tvrdon/Oulett

Tatar and Tyrdon both have been progressing very well. Tvrs had 74 points in 60 games with the giants, I love Tatar as he has speed, skill and grit.
For the umpteenth time in the last two weeks, a fan of the Flames massively overvalues Bouwmeester in a trade proposal. Bouwmeester is only barely an upgrade on Quincey. Ken Holland is not in the business of making your team better at the expense of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
So the deal out there is Jbo for Flippers, JE and probably a 4th?

That's pretty close to Burns proposal except you take out Backlund and downgrade the Detroit side as well.
That trade offer doesn't actually exist.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.