HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Ana

Old
08-02-2012, 09:30 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Tor - Ana

To Toronto
Peter Holland

To Anaheim
Matt Finn/Jesse Blacker
Brad Ross

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Pepper

Could you please give more info about those TOR prospects?

My first thought as Ducks fan is a "hell no" as Holland is one of Ducks top prospects, a 6'4 center who did very well in the AHL last season.

I don't know much about the TOR guys which makes me believe they are not that high on TOR prospect lists.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post

My first thought as Ducks fan is a "hell no" as Holland is one of Ducks top prospects, a 6'4 center who did very well in the AHL last season.

I don't know much about the TOR guys which makes me believe they are not that high on TOR prospect lists.
Ross plays similar to a guy like Darcy Tucker. Projected to be a 3rd line pest with some limited offensive upside.

Blacker is a recent 2nd round pick and in his first year on the Marlies (who went to the Calder Cup Finals) he was probably their #2 defenceman. He's pretty well rounded with good wheels, projected as a #3-5 guy in the NHL. He's harder to project because when he was drafted he wasn't that great defensively, but he's improved massively in that area the last two seasons.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:

Matt Finn was ranked to be drafted 20th overall. Fell to #35 and was selected by the leafs in this past draft. leafs drafted BPA but obviously have a surplus of defense.

Blacker is pushing for a spot on the leafs next season. Hes a good all around defense man. Coming off a good first pro season as a key contributor to a conference champion Marlies team. Will be playing in the NHL this season or next season. Potential is a top 4 defender.

Brad Ross has just finished up his Junior hockey. Is a Darcy Tucker/Steve Ott/ Matt Cooke type player. Basically an ideal third liner that is very noisy and isnt afraid to back it up. Most likely the prospect leaf fans will be apposed to giving up.

Overall wasn't sure how valuable Holland is to you guys. Saw he was 4th on your prospect chart in a very deep pool.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
It looks to me like 2 Bs for an A.

Of course the prospects may end up being all over the board when they actually hit the NHL.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Overall wasn't sure how valuable Holland is to you guys. Saw he was 4th on your prospect chart in a very deep pool.
In terms of talent he's behind a couple of guys, but in terms of needs he's at the top.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

It's a big no from Anaheim with Anaheim's current center situation.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Hotlanta

Quote:

When did he grow 3 inches? He was drafter at 6'1" I would assume at most he would grow an inch to an inch and a half after 18.

I wouldn't do it as a Leafs fan even if it takes a surplus (arguably Ross is not a surplus) and possibly fills a void long term. However, I see Holland as a second line center.

B+ & a B prospect for a B+ who is more NHL ready and fills more of a need.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
When did he grow 3 inches? He was drafter at 6'1" I would assume at most he would grow an inch to an inch and a half after 18.
Sorry, I could have sworn I've seen him listed as 6'4 somewhere, now I checked it and he's 6'3 200lbs on Ducks website.

Then again, North America should move on from the dark ages and start using metric system which is so much better in every way.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:23 AM
DisneyDucky

Damn right

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Sorry, I could have sworn I've seen him listed as 6'4 somewhere, now I checked it and he's 6'3 200lbs on Ducks website.

Then again, North America should move on from the dark ages and start using metric system which is so much better in every way.
Canada is using it, united states isn't, but height in north America universally isnt for some reason

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It looks to me like 2 Bs for an A.

Of course the prospects may end up being all over the board when they actually hit the NHL.
Quantity for quality, who would've thought ?

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
To Toronto
Peter Holland

To Anaheim
Matt Finn/Jesse Blacker
Brad Ross
No thanks. Holland will only be moved if we secured a young, long term solution at 2C that would make him expendable. Right now he is our projected 2C in 1-2 years (or sooner if he can make the jump after a strong year in the AHL to the NHL)

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Why would the Ducks give up the only center prospect we have when it is clear we need a 2nd line center and are weak up the middle?
If anything we would be trading our winger prospects to get a center.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote