HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

McCaber16's GM Connected League Xbox 360: Sim Only *Taking Reserves**

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
  #51
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
I say we do real team rosters and if both teams facing each other want to coach against each other then let them do that, if not just sim.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:09 AM
  #52
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
How do the time periods work in terms of advancing the league? I'm interested in the Isles or Predators but want to make sure I can keep up before committing. When does the league start?
I'm not entirely sure on the advancement but from what I have read so far the commissioner can choose the advancement period anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. This refers to the real NHL schedule. So if I chose 2 weeks, the first advancement period would be the first two weeks of the NHL schedule (October 11 - October 24) and you could play any of these games in any order as fast as you want.

It seems as though the length of these time periods are going to be informal meaning that it will be up to the commissioner to end each advancement period and proceed to the next. I think this is something we can all discuss what would be best for this.

So assuming we use the 2 week periods there are the following time periods in the regular season:

Time Period Days
Preseason 2
October 11 - October 24 2
October 25 - November 7 2
November 8 - November 20 2
November 21 -December 4 2
December 5 - December 18 2
December 19 - January 1 2
January 2 - January 15 2
January 16 - January 29 2
January 30 - February 12 2
February 13 - February 26 2
February 27 - March 12 (trade deadline) 4
March 13 - March 26 2
March 27 - April 9 2
April 10 - April 13th (shortened) 1
Playoffs Rd. 1 2
Playoffs Rd. 2 2
Playoffs Rd. 3 2
Playoffs Rd. 4 2
Total Season Days 39

So if we did something like this it would take 39 days from the first game of the season to the the end of the playoffs. It seems a little too long in my opinion considering that the offseason should just as long if not longer and I'm not sure how that will play out with the draft and free agent signings. I would like to progress through seasons fast to really get the feel of developing players and making good long term decisions with your team.

We could go down to 1 day advancement periods during the regular season which would cut the reg season down to around 20 days and assuming the offseason will take around 20 days as well we're looking at a 40 day complete season.

We will still have to wait and see once we get more details though. I welcome all discussions on this.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:11 AM
  #53
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I say we do real team rosters and if both teams facing each other want to coach against each other then let them do that, if not just sim.
I really like this idea. I'll put in the OP. The problem I have with it though is I'm trying to figure out a way to have the seasons move at a fairly quick pace with two weeks of a season taking place in 1 or 2 days max real time. So, it's likely you will never be able to coach every game, just a few.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
  #54
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaber16 View Post
I'm not entirely sure on the advancement but from what I have read so far the commissioner can choose the advancement period anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. This refers to the real NHL schedule. So if I chose 2 weeks, the first advancement period would be the first two weeks of the NHL schedule (October 11 - October 24) and you could play any of these games in any order as fast as you want.

It seems as though the length of these time periods are going to be informal meaning that it will be up to the commissioner to end each advancement period and proceed to the next. I think this is something we can all discuss what would be best for this.

So assuming we use the 2 week periods there are the following time periods in the regular season:

Time Period Days
Preseason 2
October 11 - October 24 2
October 25 - November 7 2
November 8 - November 20 2
November 21 -December 4 2
December 5 - December 18 2
December 19 - January 1 2
January 2 - January 15 2
January 16 - January 29 2
January 30 - February 12 2
February 13 - February 26 2
February 27 - March 12 (trade deadline) 4
March 13 - March 26 2
March 27 - April 9 2
April 10 - April 13th (shortened) 1
Playoffs Rd. 1 2
Playoffs Rd. 2 2
Playoffs Rd. 3 2
Playoffs Rd. 4 2
Total Season Days 39

So if we did something like this it would take 39 days from the first game of the season to the the end of the playoffs. It seems a little too long in my opinion considering that the offseason should just as long if not longer and I'm not sure how that will play out with the draft and free agent signings. I would like to progress through seasons fast to really get the feel of developing players and making good long term decisions with your team.

We could go down to 1 day advancement periods during the regular season which would cut the reg season down to around 20 days and assuming the offseason will take around 20 days as well we're looking at a 40 day complete season.

We will still have to wait and see once we get more details though. I welcome all discussions on this.
That sounds great as the GM of Columbus I would love to get through as many seasons as possible lol

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
  #55
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaber16 View Post
I really like this idea. I'll put in the OP. The problem I have with it though is I'm trying to figure out a way to have the seasons move at a fairly quick pace with two weeks of a season taking place in 1 or 2 days max real time. So, it's likely you will never be able to coach every game, just a few.
That's what I was thinking like every once in a while if both users are online and want to coach a game against each other let them but mostly just sim games and no coaching against CPU teams if there are any

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:24 AM
  #56
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,911
vCash: 500
Given that, All-Star break and Christmas probably each save a day... still looking at at least a month per season. On the other hand, I suspect a 1 day schedule may be too quick for a lot of people, what with RL getting in the way. Missing a whole 2-week chunk of the season would suck.

What about a non-uniform schedule where we advance on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (2 days during the week, 1 on the weekend)?

I can keep up to an acceptable extent with either that or the 2-day, pretty iffy with 1-day.

ChibiPooky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  #57
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I say we do real team rosters and if both teams facing each other want to coach against each other then let them do that, if not just sim.
100% behind this.

ChibiPooky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
  #58
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Given that, All-Star break and Christmas probably each save a day... still looking at at least a month per season. On the other hand, I suspect a 1 day schedule may be too quick for a lot of people, what with RL getting in the way. Missing a whole 2-week chunk of the season would suck.

What about a non-uniform schedule where we advance on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (2 days during the week, 1 on the weekend)?

I can keep up to an acceptable extent with either that or the 2-day, pretty iffy with 1-day.
I think this may work out a bit better. I'll set up a few different scenarios over the next couple days and post them up on here and we can sort it out. Still curious to see how the offseason will play out. We will need a few days for trade negotiations before the draft, then a few days resigning players before July 1 and then quite a bit of time signing UFA's.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
  #59
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
100% behind this.
Chibi, have you reserved a team?

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:57 AM
  #60
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaber16 View Post
Chibi, have you reserved a team?
Not yet - I'm cool with either NYI or NSH, so I figure I'll take whichever fills later. Gamertag is ChibiPooky.

ChibiPooky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
  #61
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Not yet - I'm cool with either NYI or NSH, so I figure I'll take whichever fills later. Gamertag is ChibiPooky.
Okay, I'll leave them both open for now and make a note of it.

Edit: NSH was chosen so you have NYI


Last edited by mccaber16: 08-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
  #62
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
I'll take Nashville, my gamertag is XxUnitttxX

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:16 PM
  #63
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
I'll take Nashville, my gamertag is XxUnitttxX
Done.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:26 PM
  #64
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
This league is going to really show ur gm skills unlike those other ones because essentially you could have the worst team In the league, but be the best player..and go deep..... In this league that won't happen.. (kinda common sense).. gonna be sweet.... Unless ur Columbus.. (no offense)

I vote real teams and rosters. And ability to coach (im guessing everyone would like to have that coach option come playoff time)... if both players are on.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:31 PM
  #65
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Give me three seasons with Columbus before i make them a perennial powerhouse lol. Especially if I coach a few games the players will see that I mean business and we will become the toughest team in the league.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
  #66
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
This league is going to really show ur gm skills unlike those other ones because essentially you could have the worst team In the league, but be the best player..and go deep..... In this league that won't happen.. (kinda common sense).. gonna be sweet.... Unless ur Columbus.. (no offense)

I vote real teams and rosters. And ability to coach (im guessing everyone would like to have that coach option come playoff time)... if both players are on.
I completely agree. A good balanced GM approach is going to go along way here. I really see trading going to be a very tough thing to pull off once we have committed GM's here since trading is going to be a HUGE aspect of success and being able to get what you need in each trade. I am most curious to see how the UFA and resigning will play out here. It will be really neat to see average players being overpaid in the off-season just like in the today's NHL.

And yea, I'm pretty sure we are just going to go real teams and rosters.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
  #67
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
Give me three seasons with Columbus before i make them a perennial powerhouse lol. Especially if I coach a few games the players will see that I mean business and we will become the toughest team in the league.
Haha. If CLB makes the playoffs before the leafs I quit. I've waited long enough!

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  #68
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
In the other league.... I cant get much for myers because there is NO potential value there... He will probably be a 90 in 2-3 seasons.... In this league potential actually matters.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:36 PM
  #69
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Haha it's gonna be fun to rebuild. Can't wait to trade my savvy veterans for draft picks and prospects.

Also we should get through one season each month so we can go through 11 seasons before nhl14.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:36 PM
  #70
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
I am really hoping that some players will simply choose not to resign with you. Otherwise teams will just resign everyone they have and trade players away to keep under the cap. If this is the case we may have to institute some rule with resigning players. But that's thinking too far ahead for now.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
  #71
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
Haha it's gonna be fun to rebuild. Can't wait to trade my savvy veterans for draft picks and prospects.

Also we should get through one season each month so we can go through 11 seasons before nhl14.
Yea I kind of want to do a rebuild. It would be fun. I'm sure the leafs, keeping wit their real life counterpart, will get off to a hot start, force me to keep assets at the deadline and then tank and miss playoffs.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
  #72
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
That would be classic leafs lol I was excited for them last year but everything just fell apart in the second half. Kulemin struggling and injuries and what not

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:58 PM
  #73
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaber16 View Post
I am really hoping that some players will simply choose not to resign with you. Otherwise teams will just resign everyone they have and trade players away to keep under the cap. If this is the case we may have to institute some rule with resigning players. But that's thinking too far ahead for now.
If they are a UFA u shouldn't get that period right before free agency to resign anyone without other teams being able to make an offer.

I say if they are UFA they should all hit the open market and may the best team win.

To counteract that u should be allowed to offer extensions during the season

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:04 PM
  #74
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
If they are a UFA u shouldn't get that period right before free agency to resign anyone without other teams being able to make an offer.

I say if they are UFA they should all hit the open market and may the best team win.

To counteract that u should be allowed to offer extensions during the season
Good idea... If you dont want/can't to sign them during the season... they should go on the open market. But that's only if u can do that.... They better

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
  #75
mccaber16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
If they are a UFA u shouldn't get that period right before free agency to resign anyone without other teams being able to make an offer.

I say if they are UFA they should all hit the open market and may the best team win.

To counteract that u should be allowed to offer extensions during the season
Interesting idea. Just thinking out loud here but now wouldn't a team just offer extensions to everyone during the season now? I guess you'd lock up priority first. But let's say you are a team not making the playoffs this year and have an expiring UFA, all you'd have to do is nogitiate a deal during the season, whereas in real life there is atleast a liklihood that they don't resign at all.

mccaber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.