HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 12:41 AM
ExJbeck

vCash: 500
A easily

Old
08-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Baby Blues

'A' is well done, but as mentioned, the anchor is the alt logo for our arch-rvials Milwaukee. It'd be like having some colored feathers hanging from the Blue Note.

I think 'D' may actually be Robb K.

Sticking with 'C'

Old
08-03-2012, 04:25 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

A is the best choice.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:32 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

lines if there is a lockout?

Old
09-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blues View Post
'A' is well done, but as mentioned, the anchor is the alt logo for our arch-rvials Milwaukee. It'd be like having some colored feathers hanging from the Blue Note.

I think 'D' may actually be Robb K.

Sticking with 'C'

Can't be me! I left Illinois, for good, in 1970. Unless, the designer looks at hockey forum avatars for inspiration!

Old
09-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Baby Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
lines if there is a lockout?
Well I added Vladi T. last week and now I'll take him back out. (EDIT: maybe adding him back in based on latest news that deal with SKA is off; put him on 1st line RW)

Below are my thoughts from a couple pages back with some new input. Rivs don't gain much from the lock-out other than Cole (Schwartz or another Blue was likely to be in Peoria either way). Here's how I see it:

Line 1: Schwartz - Hensick - Nesbitt

Line2a: Barriball - McRae - Cracknell

Line 2b: Grachev - Murray - Andronov

Line 4: SDR - Nigro - Wannstrom

Others in the mix: Beach, Sonne, Peluso, Shattock: lots of forwards/RWs here

Extra for Evansville: Bruton + a couple from above

Reasoning:
Line 1: Schwartz's talent with Hensick/Nesbitt combo from last season; too small?
Line 2a: Barriball isn't much use on a checking line and he played well with McRae before; Cracknell for experience leadership
Line 2b: Russians together; see ice time similar to McRae's line
Line 4: could be any combo of 7 players. Nigro has been better than Sonne.

Hard to say how Beach, Wannstrom & Andronov will stack up in the AHL and if some of the RWs could move to LW

D:
Cole - Chorney
Ford - Fairchild
Ponich - Regner
Shields - Cundari

Top 4 pretty set; bottom 4 fight it out for time. Not sure who is LD vs RD.

G:
Allen
McKenna

Last edited by Baby Blues: 09-21-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Vladi news
Old
09-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Kshahdoo

Lehtera 14 points in 8 games so far, can be more because the game hasn't been over yet.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Robb_K

This is probably a stupid question, but are any AHL regular season games televised, so that they could be streamed on The Internet? If not, can we hear the Rivermens' radio broadcasts online (for free)?

Old
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but are any AHL regular season games televised, so that they could be streamed on The Internet? If not, can we hear the Rivermens' radio broadcasts online (for free)?
Yes, they will have the games streaming live, but they cost $6.99 per game or $150 for the whole season.

Link: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

I'm pretty sure the radio broadcasts are free though.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
I heard a rumor that FSMW was negotiating with the AHL for the rights to show some Rivermen games, but like I said its just a rumor and not sure if there is any truth to it.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Yes, they will have the games streaming live, but they cost $6.99 per game or $150 for the whole season.

Link: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

I'm pretty sure the radio broadcasts are free though.
That's a pretty sweet deal. It would be like watching the Peoria Baby Blues.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:27 PM
h22prelude93

Monday was the first pre-season game for Peoria. They played the Chicago Wolves and won 2-1 in a shootout. Peoria's lone regulation goal was scored by Mark Cundari and assisted by Tyler Shattock. Jake Allen stopped 12 of 13 shots, and Karpowich stopped all 8 shots in the 3rd. Next game will be a rematch against the Wolves on Friday, and then Saturday they play the Rockford IceHogs in Peoria.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Rivfan

preseason game

It was a good game despite the top riv players were sitting in the stands. But, it was a chance to see what some of the guys who are on the bump had to contribute in a game situation.

Beach looked great, Had a couple open ice hits, and a great fight.

Peluso is an animal even more...just read a newspaper article that he was 230 lbs last season....he got into some training thing over the summer and is now 242 lbs and LOST 12% body fat. You did not misread....gained 12lbs and lost 12% body fat.
He came out looking great, very aggressive in his first couple shifts, but then settled down a little.

They were playing Peluso, Grachev, and Andronov on a line. That's a big line.
Andrunov (sp) didn't stand out all to me. maybe the small ice? idon't know.

hopefully sat game well get to see the top guys out there. I'm really anxious to see schwartz. He looked good in practice, but was noticeably knocked off the puck. Still kind of a small kid.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:17 PM
h22prelude93

Just read from Dave Eminian that the Schwartz-McRae-Barriball is looking great. McRae scored the first goal for Peoria, and Peluso the 2nd. And apparently Schwartz just scored on a 4-on-4 turnover to give Peoria the 3-2 lead.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
h22prelude93

And Jaden Schwartz gets his 2nd of the night as he picks the pocket of a Wolves defender with 28 seconds left. 4-2 Rivs

Old
10-06-2012, 09:28 AM
stlweir

With no NHL agreement in sight it would be great to see some Peoria games on Fox Sports. Beach assisted on McRae's goal.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
With no NHL agreement in sight it would be great to see some Peoria games on Fox Sports. Beach assisted on McRae's goal.
...and has been sent down to Evansville along with Karpowich. This was not unexpected (to me), as Peoria is loaded with RW's. Let Beach play in the ECHL, where he'll get decent minutes and can work his way up to the top six forwards.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:31 AM
OpenIceHit42

From what it sounds McRae and Schwartz have found some chemistry together.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:41 AM
h22prelude93

Peoria ended the preseason with a 5-3 loss to the Rockford IceHogs tonight. Cracknell scored in the 1st assisted by Andronov and Peluso. Nesbitt scored in the 2nd assisted by Hensick. And McRae scored an unassisted PP goal late in the 3rd.

Old
10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
...and has been sent down to Evansville along with Karpowich. This was not unexpected (to me), as Peoria is loaded with RW's. Let Beach play in the ECHL, where he'll get decent minutes and can work his way up to the top six forwards.
My biggest fear is the beast for tough guys that he will have to earn his stripes against in that league, if he has to be their tough guy. Don't want to see him stuck in that role, but rather a player that will fight if need be.

Old
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

I'm somewhat surprised that both Sonne and Shattock were sent down to the ECHL as well. I figured it would be one or the other, but not both. Then again, I forgot just how stacked Peoria was with forwards.

Old
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Baby Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I'm somewhat surprised that both Sonne and Shattock were sent down to the ECHL as well. I figured it would be one or the other, but not both. Then again, I forgot just how stacked Peoria was with forwards.
Rivs are stacked on RW which has left Shattock out. Shattock looked ok in the preseason...looks like he's added some needed weight. On RW will likely be: Nesbitt, Cracknell, Wannstrom and Peluso. Peluso has been playing big pre-season minutes and seems to have earned a spot. He's finally figured it out, like Reaves before him...its about constant hard checks.

Sonne still may get his chance as 4th line center as Nigro could go on IR (hit to the head). Sonne also looked good in the pre-season, but centers are Hensick, McRae, Murray, and Nigro...Cracknell or Grachev can also fill in.

Wonder if all 8 stay healthy, if a Dman might also head to Evansville. Likely Shields and Cundari on the bubble.

fyi: not impressed by Andronov after 2 games.

Old
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
STL fan in IA

Ok, so I was in Europe since Sept 28 so I'm a bit out of the loop here. I see that Sonne, Shattock and Beach were sent to Evansville but what about guys like Nill, Andronov, Regner, Bruton, Shields, etc? Those are the bubble guys I haven't heard about yet. I assume Peoria has a few more cuts left to make?

Old
10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Rivs are stacked on RW which has left Shattock out. Shattock looked ok in the preseason...looks like he's added some needed weight. On RW will likely be: Nesbitt, Cracknell, Wannstrom and Peluso. Peluso has been playing big pre-season minutes and seems to have earned a spot. He's finally figured it out, like Reaves before him...its about constant hard checks.
Peoria is short on LW's to begin with, and are hurting even worse with Stefan Della Rovere out until Thanksgiving after knee surgery, so Nesbitt will likely play his off-wing and line up on the left side with Hensick and Cracknell on the top line.

Schwartz will likely play second-line LW, with McRae at center and Wännström at RW.

The third line will likely be Grachev and the talk of camp, Peluso. Two giants flanking the "Little Barriball Of Hate," the 21st-Century Pat Verbeek of the AHL, Jay Barriball.

Andronov will probably line up at LW on the fourth line until SDR comes back, with Andrew Murray at C and AHL-contracted Chris Bruton at RW. I would expect one of Andronov or Bruton, whichever is contributing least, to go to Evansville once SDR comes back. If they decide to send Andronov down, I would not be surprised if he said "nyet" and went back to Mother Russia to play in the Highleague (VHL) if no one has a spot for him on a KHL roster.

Quote:
Wonder if all 8 stay healthy, if a Dman might also head to Evansville. Likely Shields and Cundari on the bubble.
Concur re: Shields and Cundari. My best guesses for defense pairs are as follows:

First defense pair: Ian Cole - Cade Fairchild. These are Peoria's two best defensemen at present, so one of these lefties will be playing RD.

Second defense pair: Taylor Chorney - Brent Regner (AHL contract). Third defense pair: Brett Ponich - Scott Ford. Spare defensemen: Mark Cundari - David Shields

Quote:
fyi: not impressed by Andronov after 2 games.
I'm curious as to what your expectations were, or are.

Andronov has offensive upside, but hasn't had much chance to develop it in the last three years while playing fourth-line minutes in the defensively-oriented KHL. He seems to be a decent defensive forward, and if he can find a little offense to go with it, he will push Bruton down to Evansville when SDR returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Ok, so I was in Europe since Sept 28 so I'm a bit out of the loop here. I see that Sonne, Shattock and Beach were sent to Evansville but what about guys like Nill, Andronov, Regner, Bruton, Shields, etc? Those are the bubble guys I haven't heard about yet. I assume Peoria has a few more cuts left to make?
Nill: Failed physical on Day One of training camp, released by Peoria.

Andronov: Will play fourth-line W for Peoria, possible on his off-wing (left).

Regner: Likely the second-pair RD for the Rivs, and probably will be on the second power-play unit, too.

Bruton: On an AHL contract, will be fighting with Andronov for full-time fourth line duties.

Shields: One of only three natural RD's on Peoria's roster (Regner and Ford are the others); when the NHL season starts and Cole goes up, Shields will likely be the third-pair RD when Regner and Ford move up one pairing and Fairchild goes back to playing his natural left side.

Peoria is likely done with cuts/assignments to Evansville until the injured guys (SDR and Nigro) come back.

Old
10-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Baby Blues

Prussian, agree that someone will end up on their off-wing. Your combos seem logical with possibly Schwartz on line 1.

On your 3rd line, are you saying Barriball at center or Grachev? Don't think I've actually seen either play center in Peoria. I'd expect Murray as the 3rd line C and leave Grachev as a LW. Not sure who has the 4th line C, maybe Bruton as he played a bit there during the preseason.

Regarding Andronov, I'd be ok if I saw a defensive forward, but in each of the 2 home games he was slow to get back and was still 2 strides back when his man scored on the rush.

I don't recall the d pairing from the last game for sure, but I think it was Cole/Chorney + Regner/Fairchild as top 4.

Closed Thread