HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The new BIG line (?)

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Pangu

vCash: 500
I like Murray's option better on the PP... play the number 1 for the entire 2 mins unless they score or are having troubles getting the puck in the other team's zone, then go and give up. The PP is the one thing that is not a problem at the moment, so there is no reason to fix it.

Old
04-24-2006, 06:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

1. Heatley Spezza Neil
- if Neiler can do it on the PP he can do it 5 on 5, 200 plus point line and with Neil in front that will open perimeter space for our best passer and scorer. Neil will add some grit to this line hopefully allowing them to play fear free.

2. Schaefer Fisher Havlat
- this has been our best line and should continue to play well together.

3. Eaves Smolinski Alfredson
- Smoke on this line instead of Arnason allows Alfie to concentrate on offense and less on defence and Smoke will also make up for any defensive liabilities Eaves may have. Alfie will double up with Spezza and Heatley throughout the game.

4. Kelly Vermette McGratton
- if Kelly can go I would rather see Gratts dress instead of Varada and play periodically on this line. He will go in front of the net, make some big hits and try and put some fear into this gutsy Lightning team.

We have to do something that will get our guys to play with some passion. What is it with our team that they lack passion in big games? I certainly understand that we are playing the Stanley Cup Champions and it won't be easy but Edmonton and Calgary also seem to play with so much passion. Our team when they have it are unbeatable and when they don't look very ordinary and beatable. So glad Havlat is back.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Ismellofhockey

Schaefer - Fisher - Havlat may have been our best line but only because the others have been so poor. Havlat's 2 goals came on the PP, Fisher's on the PK, I don't think that line is the best fit.

Why not put Neil back with Fish and Schaefer, Alfredsson back on the top line and try and combine Vermette and Havlat's speed?

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Eaves - Vermette - Havlat
Smoke - Kelly - Varada

I like how Varada's played but if that 4th line is too slow, slip in Schubert instead of Smoke (ideally but that'll never happen) or Varada (more realistic).

Closed Thread