*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Phatpat88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriryan View Post
someone dont no how reliable this guy is dont know him said kitcheners in on brett ritchie not just peterborough again i find it a stretch to be honest.
I don't think I would want him so I hope they don't trade for him

Old
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatpat88 View Post
I don't think I would want him so I hope they don't trade for him
Is there problems with Ritchie? Why would we not want him? I would think he would upgrade the 2nd line.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Phatpat88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Is there problems with Ritchie? Why would we not want him? I would think he would upgrade the 2nd line.
He's to small and there is a lot better out there

Old
08-02-2012, 11:48 AM
dirk

Can someone take a stab at how the lineup might look for Rangers for 2012-13?

Old
08-02-2012, 12:20 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Sure.....would people be upset if he was the only one available that we could get?
I just dont see Sterk as 2nd line material. He can fill in for sure, I just dont see him bringing it every game. We need another body on the 2nd line C or wing, Marcantouni can play either position I feel.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:23 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Can someone take a stab at how the lineup might look for Rangers for 2012-13?
Something like this without any other roster changes would be my guess to start the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy
So as of right now does our lineup look something like this for the time being.

Puempel - Faksa - Reider
Thomson - Marcantuoni - Sterk
Ming - Bailey - Pedersen
Schmalz - Meighan - Llewellyn

Murphy - Iafrate
Fanelli - McEneny
Gilbert/Genovese - Young

Gibson - Franky

Old
08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Phatpat88

Originally Posted by BenchedGuy
So as of right now does our lineup look something like this for the time being.

Puempel - Faksa - Reider
Thomson - Marcantuoni - Sterk
Ming - Bailey - Pedersen
Schmalz - Meighan - Llewellyn

Murphy - Iafrate
Fanelli - McEneny
Gilbert/Genovese - Young

Gibson - Franky

Meighan I trade him away
Sterk I trade him away put Ming on the 3rd line with thomson and pedersen and get 2 oa that can play on the 2bd line and have are 4th line of kids

Old
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I'm not a big fan of Thomson, but I do like the idea of him riding shotgun with Marcantuoni. He is good along the wall, and will create space for Marcantuoni and Sterk. This is Sterk's chance to show what he can do.

Old
08-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I'm not a big fan of Thomson, but I do like the idea of him riding shotgun with Marcantuoni. He is good along the wall, and will create space for Marcantuoni and Sterk. This is Sterk's chance to show what he can do.

Don't be shocked to see Thomson stay on a line with Rieder. It worked well last year and is a good complement. I know on paper Peumpel-Faksa-Rieder sounds awesome, but that's two pure shooters on the wings and even Radek is a bit of a shooter. Spott may try to spread it out a bit.

It could all be moot anyway as I fully expect some moves and surprises before then.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
BenchedGuy

If we dont make any other roster moves then I think it would be ok to spread out the scoring but the second line would need work I think. Marcantouni centering Puempel would work but I dont see Sterk being that body/physical presence you would need. I would like to see a big body with Matia to protect him a bit and someone to create space for Puempel and Matia, also someone to do the work along the boards. To me that drops Sterk down to the third line with spot duties for injuries.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:20 AM
dino200022

I dont see enough of the Rangers to make a very educated decision but I think Ming would make a perfect winger for Marcantuoni. Ming is a digger who can put home a few where as Sterk is meh he would have to show me something before he gets 2nd line duties. Just a thought from a Knights fan.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
I dont see enough of the Rangers to make a very educated decision but I think Ming would make a perfect winger for Marcantuoni. Ming is a digger who can put home a few where as Sterk is meh he would have to show me something before he gets 2nd line duties. Just a thought from a Knights fan.
I know Sterk was mediocre last year. He's young. He's small. He has a lot to prove. But I also know Spott is very high on him and will give him every opportunity to step it up this year in an offensive centre role with good wingers.

Based on last year, I know that's hard to envision, but I think it's a virtual guarantee that Sterk sees a lot of pre-season time at centre on the 2nd line. And if it goes well, he'll get some early season time there. Spott would have to acknowledge be wrong about him to put him back at 3rd line wing.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:40 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I know Sterk was mediocre last year. He's young. He's small. He has a lot to prove. But I also know Spott is very high on him and will give him every opportunity to step it up this year in an offensive centre role with good wingers.

Based on last year, I know that's hard to envision, but I think it's a virtual guarantee that Sterk sees a lot of pre-season time at centre on the 2nd line. And if it goes well, he'll get some early season time there. Spott would have to acknowledge be wrong about him to put him back at 3rd line wing.
Hey if he earns it they u gotta give it to him that is for sure. I would see how far he can ride in preseason for sure I think he will see a big role come preseason time so Spott can see where his development is. I was always impressed with his hands it just seemed to be his strength and skating abililty.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Hey if he earns it they u gotta give it to him that is for sure. I would see how far he can ride in preseason for sure I think he will see a big role come preseason time so Spott can see where his development is. I was always impressed with his hands it just seemed to be his strength and skating abililty.
For sure. Sterk is the quintessential "projection pick." As a 16-year-old draftee he's not physically ready to have a big impact in the OHL. But the team clearly believes there's an elite offensive centre in there destined for stardom by 18 or 19 years old. We'll see if they're right.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:28 PM
BenchedGuy

I just hope that Sterk is on a very short leash to find out if he is that guy or not. This year has the potential for big things. If we faulter out of the gates, I hope we address it right away then. Next year we have the potential to be missing Puempel, Faksa, Rieder, Gibson and Murphy. If any combination of those dont come back next year, there will be big gaps to fill. IMO this is the year to put it all out there again.

Old
08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Phatpat88

When does training camp open

Old
08-05-2012, 09:59 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
I just hope that Sterk is on a very short leash to find out if he is that guy or not.
Today, as stated above, our top six may be:
Puempel / Faksa / Rieder
Thomson / Marcantuoni / Sterk

But keep in mind that whether or not AC returns as an OA, Spott will be bringing in 2 more OA's. Likely a d-man and a forward. If we are going for it this year, that OA forward that he brings in has to play on our top two lines. The only way he doesn't is if there's another deal made to bring in a '93 forward to play on our top six. With this in mind, Sterk would automatically be the guy bumped off the top six.

I also believe that to get our forward group, at least the top two lines, to the calibre of last year's top two lines, we have to have an OA forward to replace Catenacci's contribution. Therefore, I'm expecting the OA forward Spott brings in should easily play on our top six.

Quote:
Next year we have the potential to be missing Puempel, Faksa, Rieder, Gibson and Murphy. If any combination of those dont come back next year, there will be big gaps to fill. IMO this is the year to put it all out there again.
Potential? I'll eat my hat if any of those guys are returned to junior for 2013-14 outside of Faksa. All the rest will have AHL eligibility and I don't think we've ever employed an import player as an OA. This HAS to be our year to go for it - especially since last year was an opportunity missed by our management staff what with us sitting on our hands at the deadline while we were a top 10 CHL ranked team. When you are in that position, you better realize that there is a very good possibility to go far in the playoffs, and act accordingly. We didn't. A little more depth would have gone a long way when we were struck by injury.

Last edited by EvenSteven: 08-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
When does training camp open
Don't know the exact date, but I believe the players usually start arriving for physicals on the weekend before the Labour Day weekend.

Old
08-06-2012, 09:20 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Today, as stated above, our top six may be:
Puempel / Faksa / Rieder
Thomson / Marcantuoni / Sterk

But keep in mind that whether or not AC returns as an OA, Spott will be bringing in 2 more OA's. Likely a d-man and a forward. If we are going for it this year, that OA forward that he brings in has to play on our top two lines. The only way he doesn't is if there's another deal made to bring in a '93 forward to play on our top six. With this in mind, Sterk would automatically be the guy bumped off the top six.

I also believe that to get our forward group, at least the top two lines, to the calibre of last year's top two lines, we have to have an OA forward to replace Catenacci's contribution. Therefore, I'm expecting the OA forward Spott brings in should easily play on our top six.

Potential? I'll eat my hat if any of those guys are returned to junior for 2013-14 outside of Faksa. All the rest will have AHL eligibility and I don't think we've ever employed an import player as an OA. This HAS to be our year to go for it - especially since last year was an opportunity missed by our management staff what with us sitting on our hands at the deadline while we were a top 10 CHL ranked team. When you are in that position, you better realize that there is a very good possibility to go far in the playoffs, and act accordingly. We didn't. A little more depth would have gone a long way when we were struck by injury.
I say potentially pending on their year they have coming up. If anyone struggles then there is a potential that they could be back. Realistically I dont anticipate any of them coming back. If anyone I could see Murphy if he starts out the same way as last year but really dont expect any to be back.

I didnt see camp officially announced but yes that is typically when it starts. Players come a week before to get customized with schedules and billetts.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:56 AM
BenchedGuy

Was thinking about OA's and what may be available and I hate to say this but does anyone see Barrie as being a good trading partner to acquire one of their OA's.

Depending on returning players/NHL CBA...etc. the could have up to 9 OA's from last years roster it looks like.

Forwards:
Steven Beyers
Tanner Pearson
Ivan Telegin
Gregg Sutch

Defense:
Ryan O'Connor
Derek Hartwick
Chris Buonomo
Reid McNeill

Goaltender:
Mathias Niederberger

They seem to have an abundance of OA's and looking at their roster, could use some younger D and even forwards going forth. Is there anyone on their roster worth acquiring in a spot that we need?

Old
08-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Phatpat88

Quote:
Was thinking about OA's and what may be available and I hate to say this but does anyone see Barrie as being a good trading partner to acquire one of their OA's.

Depending on returning players/NHL CBA...etc. the could have up to 9 OA's from last years roster it looks like.

Forwards:
Steven Beyers
Tanner Pearson
Ivan Telegin
Gregg Sutch

Defense:
Ryan O'Connor
Derek Hartwick
Chris Buonomo
Reid McNeill

Goaltender:
Mathias Niederberger

They seem to have an abundance of OA's and looking at their roster, could use some younger D and even forwards going forth. Is there anyone on their roster worth acquiring in a spot that we need?
What do you think it would take to get Pearson

Old
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:

Forwards:
Steven Beyers
Tanner Pearson
Ivan Telegin
Gregg Sutch

Defense:
Ryan O'Connor
Derek Hartwick
Chris Buonomo
Reid McNeill

Goaltender:
Mathias Niederberger

They very potentially could be a partner, but on the OA front, much is yet to be determined. Many deals will not happen until the NHL/AHL picture clears up. In Barrie's case, they have 9 potentials, but that will likely change in a hurry. For one, I had read that Niederberger was returning to Europe and Pearson is an NHL signed player with not much left to prove down here.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:57 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
They very potentially could be a partner, but on the OA front, much is yet to be determined. Many deals will not happen until the NHL/AHL picture clears up. In Barrie's case, they have 9 potentials, but that will likely change in a hurry. For one, I had read that Niederberger was returning to Europe and Pearson is an NHL signed player with not much left to prove down here.
I know things are still going to change, really I see them having to choose between 4 maybe 5 OA to keep or deal. I thought Telegin and Pearson would not be in the picture. And in the past teams dont often keep an OA and import with one roster spot. When the dust settles the 4 or 5 I thought they might still have:
Sutch and Beyers on Forward, O'Connor Buonomo and McNeill on D. I thought that one of Sutch, O'Connor or Buonomo might be obtainable (not overly costly in trade). But from the sounds of Colts fans, Buonomo may wear the C and be a fan favorite so he might cost more than I thought.

Quote:
What do you think it would take to get Pearson
I dont think he will be in the OHL ultimately and if he is returned, the asking price would probably be more than we want to pay. But stranger things have happened.

Old
08-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Torgo

Quote:
Are we talking about the same Bret Ritchie that plays for Niagra? 6'3 isn't very small.

Old
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Phatpat88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThreat View Post
Are we talking about the same Bret Ritchie that plays for Niagra? 6'3 isn't very small.
Sorry when you see him he looks really small

Closed Thread