HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks interested in Arnott

Old
08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
intangible

vCash: 500
Guy was basically kicked out of the Lou for not wanting to practice and making a scene out of it. And meanwhile the Blues were struggling against the Kings. Talk about a locker room cancer. Good luck with him.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:04 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Looks like you didnt account for any salary coming back from the Luongo trade.

I think some salary will come back in that trade at least.
If you're talking about salary dumps then they will be waived.

And I think the reason why Gillis will only get one or the other is cause of the type of package he will likely get for Luongo.

If he strikes put on Doan and signs Arnott I think Gillis will want to hold out for a top 6 player for Lu.

If he gets Doan and doesn't sign Arnott I think Gillis will be more willingly open to trade Lu for a top 9 forward(centreman) and futures.

Now if I were him I'd just get both and trade Lu for futures, but that's my opinion.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Do all Nashville fans have a bad taste in their mouth regarding Arnott? Or just you?

A crafty veteran? He wouldn't be in the league at this point if he hadn't learned some tricks. A winner? Well he does have a Stanley Cup winning goal so... Not a locker-room champ? Spent a lot of time in the locker-room with Arnott have you?

For what the Canucks would need out of him, he'd be more than adequate.
He hasn't, and neither have you, so you are in no position to refute his claim that Arnott isn't good in the locker room.

Blues chose Langs over Arnott, tell you something?

KaraLupin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
Not really, no.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:13 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Quote:
2012/05/06: There are conflicting reports on the health of Jason Arnott. The Blues are reporting that Arnott has a lower body injury but there are rumors abound that Arnott is not at all happy that he is not being played by coach Ken Hitchcock. Arnott did not practice on Saturday. Stay tuned. (Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch)

At the time Arnott and head Coach Ken Hitchcock differed on whether injury was limiting his play on the ice. Iím told Arnott has done some reflecting and accepted he was unable to play at the level the team needed at the time.

Jason Arnott is recovering after having knee surgery about two weeks ago. He also battled a shoulder injury that Dr. Miniaci evaluated before determining surgery wasnít necessary.
So what we have here is a player who is gonna cry everytime he gets benched because he's hurt. And how often does Jason get hurt? Well, we should probably just stay away from him.

KaraLupin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
This is untrue. However, Malhotra's Selke-level play has dropped off significantly and had a tough year after the eye injury. Still competent in the defensive zone and can win draws like nothing else. There are a lot of players that are barely NHL level, Malhotra isn't one of them.
totally disagree, malhotra IS a borderline NHL player at this point, only reason he's being given all the opportunities to return to form is because of how good a guy he is.

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:30 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Guy was basically kicked out of the Lou for not wanting to practice and making a scene out of it. And meanwhile the Blues were struggling against the Kings. Talk about a locker room cancer. Good luck with him.
Wow this story has grown and morphed into something quite different from how I remember the reports (which were incomplete, so anyone that really thinks they know the details must have special sources).

He was injured, and the way the story was portrayed: he had a flap with Hitchcock when Arnott was told he was hurting the team and was going to sit. Not sure what the practice/not practice issue was, but basically the Blues were going into an elimination game against LAK and Arnott was mad that he was getting scratched. I think most competitive athletes would feel that way.

The relationship with Hitchcock may have soured, its hard to know for sure. Either way, he was pretty depleted. I expected him to retire. I don't think his return would help the Blues, and people are highly over-rating what Arnott could bring to the Canucks at this point of his career. Maybe spot 4th line duty. He still has good hands, but is soooo slow.

I kind of thought the reason this story came out was that the Canucks are trying to negotiate with Doan and imply they have a back-up plan. Or something. Anyway, I think it says more about their status with Doan than Arnott himself.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Love

I dont want Arnott at all. Sure he's big but he had 24 hits all of last season. Henrik Sedin had 32.. I'd rather give Schroeder a shot on the 2nd line when Kes is out then decide what the next step is for when kes is back.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Do all Nashville fans have a bad taste in their mouth regarding Arnott? Or just you?

A crafty veteran? He wouldn't be in the league at this point if he hadn't learned some tricks. A winner? Well he does have a Stanley Cup winning goal so... Not a locker-room champ? Spent a lot of time in the locker-room with Arnott have you?

For what the Canucks would need out of him, he'd be more than adequate.
It's not just me. There's probably no more unpopular player that's ever played for the Predators, and that includes Alexander Radulov.

While I wasn't in the lockerroom, his "leadership" was repeatedly called out by Trotz, culminating in the captaincy being stripped and given to Shea Weber. He was told "you can play out the year like this, at which point we're not going to resign you, or we can trade you now," which is the option he chose.

Arnott's time in nashville was marked by sitting out games as he chose, sulking over icetime or criticism, and having a knack for showing up against lesser teams, while disappearing against quality competition.

I know I'm coming off as bitter fan that misses an old player, but do a search on the Predators board for Arnott and compare the comments there about other ex Predators...Hartnell or Timonen, for example. There's a lot of history.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
He hasn't, and neither have you, so you are in no position to refute his claim that Arnott isn't good in the locker room.

So it's alright to presume it but not to refute it without evidence? Makes no sense.

I don't think people should throw around slander like "locker-room cancer" unless they know without a doubt what he's like in the locker-room. And I've followed Jason's career since he was a rookie in Edmonton and don't remember hearing anything of the sort. But I'm supposed to be convinced he's a terrible guy because Nashville fans don't like him and he disagreed on the severity of an injury with Hitchcock? That's short-sighted to say the least.

Someone that is a "locker-room cancer" would have lasted nearly 20 years in the NHL my friends...

Old
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
It's not just me. There's probably no more unpopular player that's ever played for the Predators, and that includes Alexander Radulov.

While I wasn't in the lockerroom, his "leadership" was repeatedly called out by Trotz, culminating in the captaincy being stripped and given to Shea Weber. He was told "you can play out the year like this, at which point we're not going to resign you, or we can trade you now," which is the option he chose.

Arnott's time in nashville was marked by sitting out games as he chose, sulking over icetime or criticism, and having a knack for showing up against lesser teams, while disappearing against quality competition.

I know I'm coming off as bitter fan that misses an old player, but do a search on the Predators board for Arnott and compare the comments there about other ex Predators...Hartnell or Timonen, for example. There's a lot of history.
Fair enough, appreciate a reasoned response, was more curious than anything as I haven't heard much hate for Arnott in his career outside of Nashville.

To me there just isn't enough evidence to condemn the guy as a bad leader or trouble in the locker-room. Again, you don't last almost 20 years in the NHL if you're that hard to deal with. Let's not forget, and you as a Preds fans can attest to this, Barry Trotz doesn't exactly gel with everyone.

Personally I'd happily take my chances on Arnott one a cheap, 1 year deal as a bottom 6 centre. The Canucks aren't looking for leadership. Arnott strikes me more as a guy like Bertuzzi that comes off a bit bristly, but that doesn't mean he's hated in the room. Quite the opposite in Bertuzzi's case... And I'd be willing to be Jason's as well.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
So it's alright to presume it but not to refute it without evidence? Makes no sense.

I don't think people should throw around slander like "locker-room cancer" unless they know without a doubt what he's like in the locker-room. And I've followed Jason's career since he was a rookie in Edmonton and don't remember hearing anything of the sort. But I'm supposed to be convinced he's a terrible guy because Nashville fans don't like him and he disagreed on the severity of an injury with Hitchcock? That's short-sighted to say the least.

Someone that is a "locker-room cancer" would have lasted nearly 20 years in the NHL my friends...
What about Mark Messier? He apparently shot JFK...

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:

These rumors aren't new. And Arnott has moved around a lot over the years.

With sports these days, if the talent is there to offset the drama, they'll have a job. Just look at Dennis Rodman, Allen Iverson, Latrelle Spreewell, Randy Moss, Milton Bradley, Sean Avery, etc

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:23 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
totally disagree, malhotra IS a borderline NHL player at this point, only reason he's being given all the opportunities to return to form is because of how good a guy he is.
This is exactly right!

I value the opinions of blues fans very much and would stay away from him after reading this thread.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Oshie97

Anyone thinking Arnott can temporary cover 2c while Kesler is injured is crazy. He was playing 3rd line minutes last year with days off mixed in to keep him affective. At the end of the season he was gased, nothing left in the tank. I like Arnott but you can't expect him to be more than a 14 min a game third liner at most.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:29 AM
drmagg

Oiles is ideal fit

drmagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:14 AM
thewill78

******* ******** ‏@***************
BREAKING NEWS: #Canucks have 1 year offer ON THE TABLE for Arnott worth $1.2M. #CONFIRMED Arnott and his agent considering this option.

thewill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewill78 View Post
******* ******** ‏@***************
BREAKING NEWS.
Nobody walk barefoot in the kitchen!!

Last edited by Flour Child: 08-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:31 AM
TOML

You'd think JA is waiting for more than 1yr, 1.2mil...

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:37 AM
TOML

Meanwhile, if their coach didn't like Hodgson, why would he like Schroeder?

He'd sooner insert ANY wiley vet over some rookie with pseudo-potential. That's how Manny Malhotra is still employed. (Well, other than for parade appearances.)

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:46 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Meanwhile, if their coach didn't like Hodgson, why would he like Schroeder?

He'd sooner insert ANY wiley vet over some rookie with pseudo-potential. That's how Manny Malhotra is still employed. (Well, other than for parade appearances.)

TOML
Schroeder is nothing like Hodgson.

Schroeder got a lot of praise from Mac T when he was coaching the wolVes.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Arnott is probably a fourth line mentor for Kassian's benefit. Kassian will probably be on the third line and looks like he has a slight tendency to run around. Watching Arnott playing positionally might be of benefit to Kassian? NBD.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:26 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Arnott is probably a fourth line mentor for Kassian's benefit. Kassian will probably be on the third line and looks like he has a slight tendency to run around. Watching Arnott playing positionally might be of benefit to Kassian? NBD.
Honestly, I think Kassian is better off spending the year developing in the AHL next season

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:19 AM
BlueSinceBirth

I like Arnott and think the whole "locker room cancer" thing is a bit overblown. I can understand him expecting to get more than 1.2 mil after scoring 17 goals, but he really should take this and run with it. A year with another good team should be more of a priority for him at this point. The guy is beyond slow at this point.

BlueSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Wow this story has grown and morphed into something quite different from how I remember the reports (which were incomplete, so anyone that really thinks they know the details must have special sources).

He was injured, and the way the story was portrayed: he had a flap with Hitchcock when Arnott was told he was hurting the team and was going to sit. Not sure what the practice/not practice issue was, but basically the Blues were going into an elimination game against LAK and Arnott was mad that he was getting scratched. I think most competitive athletes would feel that way.

The relationship with Hitchcock may have soured, its hard to know for sure. Either way, he was pretty depleted. I expected him to retire. I don't think his return would help the Blues, and people are highly over-rating what Arnott could bring to the Canucks at this point of his career. Maybe spot 4th line duty. He still has good hands, but is soooo slow.

I kind of thought the reason this story came out was that the Canucks are trying to negotiate with Doan and imply they have a back-up plan. Or something. Anyway, I think it says more about their status with Doan than Arnott himself.
He was scratched for the last two games of the playoffs. The pratice thing was that he refused to participate saying if I'm too injured to play then I'm too injured to pratice. I agree it gets overblown but it is not an attitude you want to see while in the playoffs.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote