HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season II

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 12:40 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If Semin can get $7M (albeit on a one-year term) and Parise signs a 13 year deal that pays him $7.5M per year, it is very probably for Perry to earn a similar contract. He might not get $100M, but he's going to get a significantly sizable offer once he hits the open market. Keep in mind that he's already earning $5.325M, and that contract was signed in 2008.
I think your right but the totals could be lesser depending on what happens with the big talks. Probably not but it isn't impossible. Perry at $6.5 for 7 years would be a really nice get but if not Hartnell at $5.2 for 7 year wouldn't be terrible either. That guy has found his game and plays hard at both ends of the ice.

Perry looks like the big get next UFA market but with Iggy and Getzlaf coming available as well there is going to be some serious competition for top money getter.

You could easily be right about CP getting a $100m contract by the way. Time will tell but I can dream a little. I hate the guy but wow would he be a nice add to our team.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:57 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sort of an unappetizing thought, but next season we have Penner and Gagne coming off the books and Corey Perry becomes a free agent...
Said it before. We should get him. He will stay in CA. And he's friends with many of our players. Love to have him on the team.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I think your right but the totals could be lesser depending on what happens with the big talks. Probably not but it isn't impossible. Perry at $6.5 for 7 years would be a really nice get but if not Hartnell at $5.2 for 7 year wouldn't be terrible either. That guy has found his game and plays hard at both ends of the ice.

Perry looks like the big get next UFA market but with Iggy and Getzlaf coming available as well there is going to be some serious competition for top money getter.

You could easily be right about CP getting a $100m contract by the way. Time will tell but I can dream a little. I hate the guy but wow would he be a nice add to our team.
Perry with Richards and Carter or with Kopitar and Brown would be a nightmare for opposing teams, but I don't see it happening because of the Brian Burke element. I have a feeling he's been holding out on making big offers for the very reason that Perry and Getzlaf are both slated to become UFAs in the same year.

Much like how he delivered the Sedin twins to Vancouver, I could see Burke doing something crazy and landing both Perry and Getzlaf. They'll end up being a package deal, like what we saw just recently with Parise and Suter and with Drury and Gomez before that.

Hartnell is close friends with Richards and Carter and I could see them coaxing him to sign with LA if the Flyers fail to re-sign him. Then you have the whole Sutter-Iginla relationship which could also play an influence in dictating Iginla's decision (should the Kings be interested).

Old
08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Perry with Richards and Carter or with Kopitar and Brown would be a nightmare for opposing teams, but I don't see it happening because of the Brian Burke element. I have a feeling he's been holding out on making big offers for the very reason that Perry and Getzlaf are both slated to become UFAs in the same year.

Much like how he delivered the Sedin twins to Vancouver, I could see Burke doing something crazy and landing both Perry and Getzlaf. They'll end up being a package deal, like what we saw just recently with Parise and Suter and with Drury and Gomez before that.

Hartnell is close friends with Richards and Carter and I could see them coaxing him to sign with LA if the Flyers fail to re-sign him. Then you have the whole Sutter-Iginla relationship which could also play an influence in dictating Iginla's decision (should the Kings be interested).
I would love Hartnell. He would be #1 on my list of players to get. Sucks he is coming off a career year though. Sky-high price both through free agency and trade, but the Flyers are arguably our strongest trade relationship, so something could be worked out. Especially given our strengths are defensive depth and up and coming goaltending, and their needs are defensive depth and up and coming goaltending...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
08-02-2012, 01:09 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

Burke really wanted to get Penner to the Leafs this offseason but that didn't happen which I thought was weird. Winning a cup is the likely culprit that kept DP with us is what I think stepped in and changed things but who knows.

I absolutely agree that BB will go way out of his way to get CP and RG in TO. Heck, if I owned the Leafs I would open the checkbook and let Burkie offer what he needed to make it happen. Getzlaf centering Perry and Kessler would make one scary line in TO and go a long way towards setting their mostly sunk ship right.

I would like to see Hartnell in a Kings jersey but have felt that way for awhile now. I think we might make a push for Iggy at the deadline for the cup run if he isn't extended ahead of time.

With the possibility of Penner and Gagne coming off the books next season we might be able to improve our roster if needed via a UFA or two next off season. We are set up so well that it is almost hard to believe.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:16 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

So, what happens if Gagne and Penner both have great years? It's a nice problem to have but do we really want to re-sign both? Re-sign just one? If so, which?

Old
08-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Quattro

Perry and Hartnell? Good lord.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Hartnell? Hell yes, sign me up.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:52 AM
ninetynine*

A lot of you are living in a fantasy world in believing this Nolan or King are enough in the regular season. I bet DL and DS will keep Westy around.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:01 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I love it when an outsider comes on our board and tells us what we need on our team.

Just look at his recent posts, they're all about goons. Surprised?

Old
08-02-2012, 02:06 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
A lot of you are living in a fantasy world in believing this Nolan or King are enough in the regular season. I bet DL and DS will keep Westy around.
Around or not, he won't be playing much, if at all. He's practically useless. I'd much rather have a guy that's spontaneous and fights in reaction to something (Clifford, Nolan) than a guy like Westgarth who only participates in staged fights.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:47 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Burke may not be employed next offseason.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:38 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Burke may not be employed next offseason.
Ha ha, too awesome, too true

Old
08-02-2012, 03:56 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I love it when an outsider comes on our board and tells us what we need on our team.

Just look at his recent posts, they're all about goons. Surprised?

Maybe he just saw the movie?

Old
08-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Fantasy world?

We just saw our team dominate the regular season and then the playoffs after DS came in and started rolling four solid lines capable of contributing. And now people like you want to do away with that style of team so you can get your cheap high by watching a couple of knuckledraggers have a staged fight that contributes nothing to do the game. Then you tell us we are living in a fantasy world, ha.

Hockey is a great game and it's even better without guys like Westgarth and Ivanans playing a regular shift.

Old
08-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Being able to roll 4 effective lines is probably more important to DL and DS than having Westgarth in the lineup mainly for staged fights.
The Kings still have a good amount of toughness in the team with players who wont hesitate to drop the gloves in an emotional fight if the situation calls for it - Mitchell, Greene, Nolan, King, Richards and Clifford all dropped the gloves when the situation called for it. They wont go toe-to-toe with the heavyweights - but they don't have to either.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
So, what happens if Gagne and Penner both have great years? It's a nice problem to have but do we really want to re-sign both? Re-sign just one? If so, which?
I suppose it depends but if they put up similar stats, I'd keep Penner based on size and age but I don't see a problem with bringing both back if they can afford.

Old
08-02-2012, 10:55 AM
likid

Dont know if it is right topic but anyway. Kopitar is already working hard for new season. His father held some kind of camp for young SLO hockey players that have potential to become Slovenian national players and Kopi joined them:

Old
08-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Brief mention of the Kings talking to Doan in the latest update on the troubles for the Phoenix Coyotes.
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...a=twt&page=all
Quote:
Doan recently met with the Vancouver Canucks and could soon talk to the Los Angeles Kings.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
Dont know if it is right topic but anyway. Kopitar is already working hard for new season. His father held some kind of camp for young SLO hockey players that have potential to become Slovenian national players and Kopi joined them:
It took me a minute to realize that SLO didn't mean San Luis Obispo here...lol

Old
08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

I read it as Slovakia, and was like "wait, why is Kopi in Slovakia?" "Oh that other SLO country... that makes more sense."

Old
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
BringTheReign

Perry lives in a pretty sweet pad a few miles from me on the Balboa peninsula in Newport, so I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't want to leave California.

I'm not sure the Ducks are headed for a full rebuild or just a re-tooling, but if he doesn't want to stick around, I wouldn't mind having him on the Kings despite all the hate for him around here. I don't think we will be able to afford him after re-signing Brown, but one can dream.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

If we can't sign Doan, I wouldn't mind Arnott.

Big physical player with a great wrist shot.

That's IF he can play RW.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:15 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:

No. Just no. He can't keep up on the forecheck. If he wasn't good enough to be dressed for St Louis in the playoffs (healthy scratch), why would you want him on our team?

Old
08-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
No. Just no. He can't keep up on the forecheck. If he wasn't good enough to be dressed for St Louis in the playoffs (healthy scratch), why would you want him on our team?
I would have loved to have Arnott ... about 5 or more yeas ago
He's closer to hanging them up, than he is helping the Kings repeat ... PASS !

Closed Thread