HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Like the trade, don't like the trade

View Poll Results: Do you like the trade for Nash?
Yes 397 90.23%
No 43 9.77%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
yeah, like i said, i think Nashs projected numbers this coming season are hard to do just because we dont know how many games are played. if he plays 82 games, i dont see him scoring less than 35.
I think that's a reasonably safe floor.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think he'll be somewhere around 40/30/70.

I also think the attention he'll command from the opposition will lead to increased point totals for his teammates. Thats a dynamic that Dubinsky and Anisimov couldnt dream of on their best day
The impact on teammates, to me at least, is one of the more intriguiging aspects of this trade.

To me, it's a big part of whether this trade really takes the team to a higher level.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
"Magically"

Your ignorance regarding just how bad the Columbus roster is/was outside of Nash is comical at this point.
I'm actually well aware how disgustingly horriwawfulbad the CBJ roster was last year, which is why I'm questioning that our former Vinny Prospal scored only 4 less pts. than Nash.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I am not the least bit interested in convincing you of anything. You can cross your fingers, wish upon a star, stuff your pockets with lucky clovers and rabbits feet for all i care.
Only time will tell if Rick Nash once again becomes 70 pt. player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Hitchcock made Nash a more complete player.

Quote:
"He's been a really quick learner. He's not just a good penalty killer, he's become a great penalty killer," Hitchcock said. "He's had a huge impact on our games.

"He's adjusted much quicker than I thought anybody could. He's done a 180-degree turn right away. I've got to tell you, it's been pretty impressive."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2732792

The next 3 Columbus coaches didn't use Nash that much on the PK.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hitchcock made Nash a more complete player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2732792

The next 3 Columbus coaches didn't use Nash that much on the PK.
Nash seems to be the kind of player who is at his best when he as a strong coach pushing him to be his best. That's not meant as a knock, it's just the way it seems to be.

I honestly believe that Torts is exactly the kind of coach who will get as close to everything he can out of a guy like Nash. It's not just a matter of Nash potentially making the Rangers better, I truly believe that the Rangers, as currently constructed, can make Nash better as well.

Old
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm actually well aware how disgustingly horriwawfulbad the CBJ roster was last year, which is why I'm questioning that our former Vinny Prospal scored only 4 less pts. than Nash.
If we don't see a major improvement in Nash's game from this past season,

then my thought would be that CBJ just fleeced us.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Brooks has mixed thoughts on the trade.

Quote:
And actually, as much as the dynamic will change, the Rangers will first and foremost remain Tortorella’s team. There is no doubt about that. The primary reason the Blueshirts had few, if any, second thoughts about dealing Tim Erixon to the Blue Jackets is the coach couldn’t envision the finesse-oriented 21-year-old defenseman fitting into the style he demands.

If the Rangers were fixated on acquiring Nash as they were for six months before pulling off the trade on July 23, they couldn’t have made a better deal than the one in which they sent away Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon. But it’s not as if the team yielded nothing; not as if the Rangers merely sent spare parts the other way.

Dubinsky, 26, was a first-wave Blueblood building block who was steadily improving until he fell off the rails last year. Anisimov, 24, was often a puzzle, but he was the team’s first-line left wing for more than 50 games last year on a unit with Derek Stepan and Gaborik that carried the team offensively through the guts of the season.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz22fUp5FnH

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brooks has mixed thoughts on the trade.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz22fUp5FnH
I agree with him in the sense that it's not like the Rangers gave up peanuts. But I also can't help but feel that the "first wave of true blue Rangers" lines I'm hearing are more product of nostalgia (and memories of the dark years) than they are of results and accomplishments.

This isn't Tony Amonte and Doug Weight we just traded, these are two guys who have averaged 18 goals and 15 goals respectively.

They were vital parts of getting this team to where it is today, but it's not like they were stars on a dynasty either.

Like the Yankees of the early 90s, you try and hold onto the kids who will be stars for you and use the others as assets to improve the team. You can't fall in love with every young player you develop, just as much as you can't mortgage all of them.

Old
08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Agree with the idea that Torts will get the most out of Nash. I also think it's beneficial to have Richards here too. He seems like a quiet guy, but I think he does quite a bit to convince players that buying into what Torts is selling has it's benefits. Look at what Torts did with VL it wasn't pretty but I think he got the best out of him.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote