HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sharks-Penguins

Old
08-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
For Boyle!?!?!?
Even with his age, Boyle's value will be high. He's a rare breed of defensemen that score around 50 points a year and still score either at that pace or better in the playoffs. If they trade him, they will need a center piece of either a young PMD on the left side or a young forward that has top line potential that will contribute now. The extra stuff after that just depends on the center piece being offered.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:42 AM
SIDGENO8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
If we're trading a #1 defenseman, I expect more than just a 3rd line winger, a 4th line grinder and a pick that does nothing for a team looking to win now.

I'm expecting something like Orpik+ Sutter+ 2nd. People forget Boyle is still one of the best puckmovers in the game.
Good luck getting that package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
I'd probably do Orpik + Kennedy + 1st for Boyle...if we got Yandle lol. Would Pittsburgh be interested?
No way we are. Ofc you would do that package.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:46 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Even with his age, Boyle's value will be high. He's a rare breed of defensemen that score around 50 points a year and still score either at that pace or better in the playoffs. If they trade him, they will need a center piece of either a young PMD on the left side or a young forward that has top line potential that will contribute now. The extra stuff after that just depends on the center piece being offered.
I agree. I am by no means knocking Boyle. I would love to have him on the team but for:

Sutter - a guy we just acquired; a guy who completes that 3C model we have loved for years
Orpik - basically our only big, physical defensive dman
1st - I'd give it up if the other two pieces were bottom 6 guys but it being included along with Orpik and Sutter?

No its not happening.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Flat Stanley

Boyle's value is high, but the Penguins won't be interested. They really don't need a defenseman.

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Despres-Engelland

or switch Martin and Despres.

I think the Pens like their defense, don't see them wanting Boyle.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Paperposts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
I'd probably do Orpik + Kennedy + 1st for Boyle...if we got Yandle lol. Would Pittsburgh be interested?
Thank you for at least working with the post. Most just start hating.

Paperposts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Boyle is a top 20 Defenceman in the NHL. With Larry Robinson he will look top-ten. This is a ****** package for a top 20 Defenceman. The sharks would like a 1st, yeah, but they aren't looking for futures; they've got 2 years left in win-now mode. Without Boyle, they are not in win now mode. They are a decent team, nothing more without Boyler. I don't really want us to trade him.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
If we're trading a #1 defenseman, I expect more than just a 3rd line winger, a 4th line grinder and a pick that does nothing for a team looking to win now.

I'm expecting something like Orpik+ Sutter+ 2nd. People forget Boyle is still one of the best puckmovers in the game.
good luck with that

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Von Malkin*

Nobody wants Tyler Kennedy

Von Malkin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM
BrindamoursNose

If I'm the Pens, I take the OP so fast it isn't funny.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:04 AM
KIRK

Why can't we just complete the oft cited and mutually agreeable Tyler Kennedy for Douglas Murray deal and call it a day?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Zbynek

Quote:

Pretty much this exactly. Except for the value part in the second part of your post. Boyle isn't worth that, although I agree 100% with the rest of your post

TK for Doug Murray or bust as most Sharks/Pens fans have agreed on.

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Zbynek

I can also say this confidently: Brooks Orpik will not be moved unless the return is a long-term winger for Crosby. Think more like Orpik+3rd for Franzen. I would suggest Orpik+ for Marleau but I know SJ fans wouldn't be too happy about that one.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:48 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Actually Boyle would really do well with the Penguins. We absolutely need a guy like him on the PowerPlay who makes quick decisions. Letang has that potential,but he's not a natural gifted offensive minded defender. He's a little bit of gritty defender + natural skill that helps out offensively.

The only way the Pens can make this work is if they can get rid of Martin. Could the Pens send Paul Martin back with that deal and make it Martin + TK + 1st Round for Boyle?

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Malkin View Post
Wasn't Kennedy for Murray pretty much accepted by both teams' fans?

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Zbynek

Quote:
Based on the Sharks current roster off of capgeek...

Assuming a top 6 of Marleau/Thornton/Havlat/Pavelski/Couture/Clowe, this leaves San Jose with Michal Handzus, TJ Galiardi, Andrew Desjardins, and Tommy Wingens to fill out their bottom 6.

I think it's fair to say Tyler Kennedy could help out in that regard. Sharks fans please feel free to give your opinion.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Von Malkin*

The last thing the pens need is another bottom pairing defenseman. They have lovejoy (sucks), strait, bortuzzo, engelland and Despres who can play on the bottom pair.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Actually Boyle would really do well with the Penguins. We absolutely need a guy like him on the PowerPlay who makes quick decisions. Letang has that potential,but he's not a natural gifted offensive minded defender. He's a little bit of gritty defender + natural skill that helps out offensively.

The only way the Pens can make this work is if they can get rid of Martin. Could the Pens send Paul Martin back with that deal and make it Martin + TK + 1st Round for Boyle?
Works for me.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
The last thing the pens need is another bottom pairing defenseman. They have lovejoy (sucks), strait, bortuzzo, engelland and Despres who can play on the bottom pair.
Since when is Boyle a bottom pairing defenseman? . I certainly hope you're referring to Murray.

Last edited by TheJuxtaposer: 08-02-2012 at 01:03 PM.
TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyEvandy9 View Post
Doesn't Pittsburgh have some guy named Letang to run their PP?
At this point in his career, Letang's a good, but not great PP QB. He's a bit too indecisive at times, overthinking things or second guessing his options, rather than just letting his natural talent dictate what he does.

So just purely from a PP QB standpoint, Boyle would be an upgrade on Letang at the moment. And considering the price tag in the OP, I'd definitely go for it. If anything, both guys could play on the PP, with Letang playing more of a rover on the left side.

I'd do the deal in a heartbeat, but San Jose would want more than that for Boyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Since when is Boyle a bottom pairing defenseman? :faceapalm:. I certainly hope you're referring to Murray.
Please ignore that poster you quoted. He's already garnering a troll-ish reputation on the Pens' board.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

Don't think the Sharks would do this. They could probably get a good third and fourth liner, plus a most likely lower pick from another team.

and besides, don't think the Sharks are in rebuild mode right now, so if they trade Boyle it'll probably would be for immediate help, and Kennedy and Joe Vitale (aka Joe Victory) provide minimum help right now compared to losing Boyle.

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

San Jose would definitely want Tyler Kennedy. It's just that, they would never trade Boyle when he is the best thing in the returning package.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
San Jose would definitely want Tyler Kennedy. It's just that, they would never trade Boyle when he is the best thing in the returning package.
Of course. Kennedy for Murray, and it's very rare that you have the type of consensus there's been among fans of both teams for that deal.

BTW, only way Boyle ends up in Pittsburgh is if you're talking about flipping Orpik and Murray as part of the deal. BUT, I can't see the Pens moving Orpik, and I can't see the Sharks moving Boyle at this juncture (i.e., missed on the big fishes, so cap space isn't a potential issue) to Pittsburgh without Orpik being involved.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
Pens fan here, where do I sign?
Nope...Philly would beat this deal

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:51 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Nope...Philly would beat this deal
Which one of the umpteen deals in this two page thread?

Old
08-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Von Malkin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Since when is Boyle a bottom pairing defenseman? . I certainly hope you're referring to Murray.
Yea I was referring to Murray, everyone relax.