HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-NYI

Old
08-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Dan-o16

vCash: 500
Summary:

Islanders should trade JT to Van, but in a way that it no way threatens Vancouver's ability to dominate the league and win the cup next year while making their core younger and stronger for the long-term.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Spice Trader

The fans saying no too an offer of kesler edler and schnider for JT must love cheering for a losing team.

Those three would provide you from 30 - 40 more points than if JT hits his ceiling (80-90 points yearly)

You will also gain the benefits of a stud D man and a stud goalie and a top shut down center.

So in essence you get better in every aspect of hockey.

More scoring More defence and better goaltending.

Thats why we can all be friends you keep JT we will keep our players!

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
The fans saying no too an offer of kesler edler and schnider for JT must love cheering for a losing team.

Those three would provide you from 30 - 40 more points than if JT hits his ceiling (80-90 points yearly)

You will also gain the benefits of a stud D man and a stud goalie and a top shut down center.

1 player at 90 PTS >>> 3 totaling 120

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
1 player at 90 PTS >>> 3 totaling 120
That's a little simplistic. Isles want to keep their franchise player, no need to defend that.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:36 PM
HogTown06

I rather like this proposal. It feels good to know Leafs fans are not the only ones out there creating homerish threads offering quantity for other teams start players.

HogTown06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTRAS View Post
Luongo is still a top 10 goalie in the NHL.

Kesler is signed to an amazing contract, and if Schnied's lives up to his hype, he will also be on a great contract. Edler is looking to be a 50 point d-man who is fairly solid defensively. The only thing that would devalue edler in this trade would be his impending free agency.

To think that Tavares is worth Kesler, a Sedin, and another asset, is fairly ridiculous. Either Sedin is in the top 5 players in the league. By sending a Sedin and Kesler ++ to the islanders, NYI would essentially become a top 10 team in the league at least, especially if the sedin was henrik because he is a centerman. NYI would be lucky to get 1 Sedin for Tavares even if Vancouver were willing to break up the Sedins.

Lastly, has Tavares even proven he is capable of making a team he is the leader of into a winner in the NHL?
1. Debatable, but that contract makes him fall easily.
2. It is a good cap hit, but it is not amazing. Schneider is going to ask for Luongo-type contract when it is done. Edler hasn't hit it yet, and is already in his prime. Yes, the FA aspect devalue's him.
3. Itis completely reasonable. He will be a top 5 player once he hits prime, and Sedin's are not top 5 centers even.(Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Datsyuk, Stamkos, Toews) And then top 5 players, you factor in Ovy, Kovy, Weber, Chara, Lundqvist, etc. And offense was not the Isle's problem, it was defence and goaltending.
4. Has Sedin? No, they join with biting Burrows and let the Marchand's of the league punch them in the face repeatedly.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Personally I think Isles fans are underestimating the value of getting DiPietro off the books, unless they have some inside info that he's getting ready to retire. Even on a buy out you're still going to end up paying him $27 million total. Easy for a fan to shrug it off but I doubt any owner is going to be happy about that.

RandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:

Tavares has 100 pt potential. They do not upgrade in forwards. If one player has 90-100 pts, and 3 have 120, then you factor in the 2 other players that replace the 2 spots, which would at least be 40 pts, so then 140>120.

Old
08-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
Personally I think Isles fans are underestimating the value of getting DiPietro off the books, unless they have some inside info that he's getting ready to retire. Even on a buy out you're still going to end up paying him $27 million total. Easy for a fan to shrug it off but I doubt any owner is going to be happy about that.
Thinking that giving a cap dump away will make you trade away your franchise player..

Old
08-02-2012, 04:47 PM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Not interested in trading Tavares.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Scurr

Why are Leaf fans allowed to troll a Canucks/Isles thread?

Old
08-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Why are Leaf fans allowed to troll a Canucks/Isles thread?
It is being trolled how.. Are you mad that I'm pointing out the obvious? And never knew threads were restricted to the teams involved.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
In order to pry JT out of the Isle, we'd need to be offering up something fierce. A 1st round pick is nice but pointless, and Ballard wouldn't be the defenseman they'd want back.

TO NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider

TO VAN
Tavares

You want the kid? Prepare to over pay. Even still, he's the face of their franchise, they likely wouldn't do it.

to get tavares its gonna cost us alot to get him

TO CANUCKS
TAVARES

TO ISLANDERS
KESLER
RAYMOND
EDLER
JENSEN
2 FIRST PICKS
BALLARD
BOOTH
KASSIAN

it will cost us that much and im pretty sure the islanders wont deal tavares he will be the face of the islanders

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Has Sedin? No, they join with biting Burrows and let the Marchand's of the league punch them in the face repeatedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogTown06 View Post
I rather like this proposal. It feels good to know Leafs fans are not the only ones out there creating homerish threads offering quantity for other teams star players.
Comments like these do nothing to further the conversation and just cause ill will. All fans are welcome, it would be nice if fans of other teams didn't dominate the conversation though. I would think that the fans of these teams would have the most to talk about.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Comments like these do nothing to further the conversation and just cause ill will. All fans are welcome, it would be nice if fans of other teams didn't dominate the conversation though. I would think that the fans of these teams would have the most to talk about.
It was not needed, I know, but he was saying that Tavares can't lead a team to win, when he is playing on NYI, while Sedin can't lead VAN to win.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:12 PM
19NYSports91

Isnt edler a free agent next year?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
We should think about poor old Wangbucks?

I think it's pretty obvious that trading Tavares to dump Dipietro would mean the Isles are about to get sold and moved.

You've got to be kidding,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Thinking that giving a cap dump away will make you trade away your franchise player..
DiPietro's contract is just a wee bit more than a 'cap dump'. 1st round picks have been given for short term $4m non-playing guys, New Jersey ditching Vladimir Malakhov for example. DiPietro has 9 years left, at $4.5m, or 18 years @ $1.5m if you buy him out now.

The only escape is if he retires, but that's uncertain. For all we know DiPietro either wants to keep trying and/or isn't about to forfeit $27-40 million dollars.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:36 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
We should think about poor old Wangbucks?

I think it's pretty obvious that trading Tavares to dump Dipietro would mean the Isles are about to get sold and moved.

You've got to be kidding,

Dan-o
Doesn't matter what we think, if it's just up to us then it's easy to not flinch at buying out or burying DiPietro's contract in the minors. Actual NHL GM's do actually have to answer to the owners though, and I'm sure Wang is very concerned about his Wang Bucks. You don't get rich by throwing money away. The NHL is different now, but lets not forget that this is still a world where Wayne Gretzky was essentially traded for money.

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting something silly that the Islanders fans should just shut up and take this great offer from us generous Canuck fans, I'm saying that people are completely discounting the realities of dumping DiPietro's contract.

Old
08-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Sparksrus3

To leaffan how about Tavares for MacArthur and a third.Is that not the standard
Offer for all players the leaf fans look to trade for.No need to respond.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Spice Trader

So foolish.

JT is not going to make a team a contender on his own. He is a premire top line talent that could develop into a superstar. Sounds like Rick Nash to me...

Before you bash the sedins about what they have achieved.. multiple art ross and a heart aswell as back to back president trophies and a games 7 in the scf.. AND produced 3 years straight of ppg or better.

JT should make the playoffs.. or be a ppg player back to back years before he is in that conversation.

Yes he is the face of the franchise.. No i wouldnt trade him as an islander fan (if i was one) Yes i feel he will be a 80 - 90 point guy. Before you say he will be a 100 point guy look @ the stats of those super stars you listed and how many of them have hit 100 points once let alone multiple times..

As a vancouver fan i wouldnt touch this deal with a 10 foot pole. We ARE a contender we dont NEED to rebuild the core for one great talent. Van is model franchise currently. NYI would be lucky to have such a deep core of friendly contracts.

Old
08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
To leaffan how about Tavares for MacArthur and a third.Is that not the standard
Offer for all players the leaf fans look to trade for.No need to respond.
What was the point of this post? All fan bases have their share of idiots. A fact that you should be well appreciate of if you call yourself a Canucks fan. I have seen my share of them in my fan base as well.

While we are discussing standards: Raymond, Ballard and a 1st for Ryan Getzlaf

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:40 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
So foolish.

JT is not going to make a team a contender on his own. He is a premire top line talent that could develop into a superstar. Sounds like Rick Nash to me...

Before you bash the sedins about what they have achieved.. multiple art ross and a heart aswell as back to back president trophies and a games 7 in the scf.. AND produced 3 years straight of ppg or better.

JT should make the playoffs.. or be a ppg player back to back years before he is in that conversation.

Yes he is the face of the franchise.. No i wouldnt trade him as an islander fan (if i was one) Yes i feel he will be a 80 - 90 point guy. Before you say he will be a 100 point guy look @ the stats of those super stars you listed and how many of them have hit 100 points once let alone multiple times..

As a vancouver fan i wouldnt touch this deal with a 10 foot pole. We ARE a contender we dont NEED to rebuild the core for one great talent. Van is model franchise currently. NYI would be lucky to have such a deep core of friendly contracts.
No disagreement about Vancouver's current status, but if there's only thing Snow excels at, it's low cost contracts for good, solid talent - the reason the Isles are considered to be a low-end franchise is because of the combination of Milbury's horrid trades and Wang's 'absentee landlord' ownership ever since DiPietro became a sack of injuries, Yashin becided to stop caring (partially because of wrist injuries) and the lack of a development deal - which seems to have been Wang primary motive all along, in hindsight.

As far as friendly contracts go, there are few friendlier contracts than Tavares and MacDonald. The NYI have a solid top-4 D-man at $550.000 and a near-and-soon-to-be-elite-barring-intervention-from-Satan-himself center locked up at $5.5M until July of 2019 - two contracts that I'd call VERY worth mentioning in a 'best contacts in the NHL' type thread.

So, to summarize; the Isles actually *are* lucky some ways and unlucky others. Snow's been serviceable at keeping the team budgeted, if only to negate the damage done by Wang being the 'evil mastermind' behind the brokerage of the DiPietro deal and Milbury cannnibalizing the farm system every other week and putting the team on the hook for Yashin as long as they've been. Once more draft picks make their way onto the big club, I stand solidly behind the opinion that many people will still be in mid-guffaw when they notice the Islanders have more than enough raw talent to keep any other team in the NHL busy.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

No thanks from canucks perspective. Not worth overpaying for even though he's an exceptional and rare talent.
I don't think the gap between kes and tavares is that big assuming the former resumes playing like his dominating old self that we are accustomed to.
Also asking for sedin+kesler for tavares is extremely laughable. Couldn't even control myself from laughing so hard when someone said that.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Spice Trader

I agree NYI have a super stud in JT. I wish he was in canada only because we could enjoy his skills more on TV.

If NYI build around him and then spend enough they could be a threat in a couple years.

The OP is silly because your trading the core of a winning team for a cornerstone rebuilding piece. Neither will ever get moved because the two teams are at opposite ends of the table.

One team is a contender
The other has a number of top tier talent due to top 5 picks for the last few years.