LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Holy crap are you guys serious?

Patrick Kane - http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474141
Hawks' fans will tell you he's not a natural fit there. Bolland will be their #2 this year IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
Kane at center was a Blackhawks experiment last year. If he stays at center, it's still only been part of one season at the position in the NHL. For the sake of this center list, I deem it fair to leave him out.

Basically agree with LT's list.

If I were to start a team tomorrow (considering health risks, age, development, et al.), I'd take Tavares 3rd after Malkin and Stamkos at center.
Yea, I agree. The only 3 I'd trade Benn for are those guys. Crosby's too risky, Datsyuk's too old, and I think Benn will be better than Giroux within the next 3-4 years (Giroux drops a bit but still a PPG center).

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Seem to be some lofty talent evaluations.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Primetimey

vCash: 50
Toews overrated? Huh?!?!

Benn better than Giroux in 3-4? Huh?!?!

I'm sorry as much as everyone LOVES Benn some people seriously over rate his skill level.

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 01:09 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

I think Giroux's gonna drop off (as I said), don't think Benn will be that good.

And yea, Toews is ridiculously overrated. Touted as a top 5 player in the world, not even a top 5 center.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Rod Buskas*

vCash: 500
As a Kings fan, I can see why Dallas fans have such a high opinion of Jamie Benn. I don't necessarily disagree.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:20 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Malkin
Crosby
Datsyuk
Stamkos
Mike Richards
Jeff Carter
Spezza
Kane
Toews
Bergeron
Getzlaf
I take JT and Benn over anyone but Crosby, Giroux, Malkin, and Stamkos. Bergeron, Mike Richards?? No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Holy crap are you guys serious?

Patrick Kane - http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474141
Kane was a center for about 20 games before being deemed a failure.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Captain Awesome

I think you have to add kopitar and backstrom to your lofty list of centers.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:09 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I think you have to add kopitar and backstrom to your lofty list of centers.
I always forget them.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

This is just an FYI, but until Cap Geek changes a player on an ELC to the orange font (which indicates two-way) the cap hit isn't official. The italicized font isn't the final cap hit.

If you're interested in the final cap hit, just multiple the average of the signing bonus by 10.

For example: Troy Vance is paid a signing bonus of $72.5K, $75K, and $77.5K. His cap hit will be $750,000 once they add games played bonuses. Jyrki Jokipakka wil have the same cap hit.

Emil Molin = $900K
Brett Ritchie/Ludwig Bystrom = $925K

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:49 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Here is what the cap looks like with Garbutt, Sceviour, and Fistric added.

Roster Size22
Cap Payroll$52,063,611

With Jamie Benn unsigned, I think it's safe to say his cap hit will come in between $3.5 million and $5.5 million.

$3.5 million is the exact bridge contract Duchene just signed, and it's slightly more than what Neal signed for at $2.875 which I think is fair Benn would get more. $5.5 million is the value of Tavares' 6 year deal.

Therefore, Dallas should probably expect a payroll of between $55.5 to $57.5 million.

Eriksson-Benn-Jagr
Whitney-Roy-Ryder
Morrow-Eakin-Vincour
Nystrom-Fiddler-Sceviour
Wandell-Garbutt

Goligoski-Robidas
Dillon-Daley
Fistric-Larsen
Rome

Lehtonen
Bachman

I think they'll just carry 13 healthy bodies allowing Eakin, Fiddler, and Wandell to hold down 2nd to 4th line centers for October and part of November until Roy is ready to go. Well ... unless Glennie forces himself into the 2nd or 3rd line center role.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Jordie Benn's contract numbers are available, and I was surprised to see he took a potential very small pay cut.

Benn's ELC last year paid him $55K in the AHL and $550K in the NHL (of which $25K was a signing bonus). Based on his signing bonus and AHL salary, Benn was guaranteed to earn at least $80K.

Benn's new two-way contract pays him $525K in the NHL and $75K in the AHL. With no signing bonus, Benn is only guaranteed to make $75K.

He also has an identical NHL daily rate as last year. Even though his cap hit was $550K, the signing bonus meant he had an actual salary of $525K (same as the new contract) + the $25K signing bonus. Essentially, that means he is taking the exact same money in the NHL, giving up a signing bonus and immediate cash, and getting a small raise that in the AHL that isn't equivalent to his previous signing bonus.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Jordie Benn's contract numbers are available, and I was surprised to see he took a potential very small pay cut.

Benn's ELC last year paid him $55K in the AHL and $550K in the NHL (of which $25K was a signing bonus). Based on his signing bonus and AHL salary, Benn was guaranteed to earn at least $80K.

Benn's new two-way contract pays him $525K in the NHL and $75K in the AHL. With no signing bonus, Benn is only guaranteed to make $75K.

He also has an identical NHL daily rate as last year. Even though his cap hit was $550K, the signing bonus meant he had an actual salary of $525K (same as the new contract) + the $25K signing bonus. Essentially, that means he is taking the exact same money in the NHL, giving up a signing bonus and immediate cash, and getting a small raise that in the AHL that isn't equivalent to his previous signing bonus.
Does anybody have any comment on this? It does seem surprising that his contract seems about the same when he has done better than anybody expected when he signed it and maybe kicking him a few bucks might make a good impression on his brother?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Does anybody have any comment on this? It does seem surprising that his contract seems about the same when he has done better than anybody expected when he signed it and maybe kicking him a few bucks might make a good impression on his brother?
I have a feeling he thinks he spends a bigger chunk of time in the NHL than he did last year.

Key words being that he thinks that. No idea if he actually will or not.