HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My fiancee got hit with a beer!

Old
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Ranger fans were plenty busy showing their class by throwing those giveaways on the ice when the Devs scored #4.
Why do you say they were Ranger fans? I was in section 127 and the only people throwing them in my section and the sections around us were Devil fans. By that point in the game, there weren't too many Ranger fans left where I was.

Anyway, it was funny watching the players help clean up the mess. I'm sure you wouldn't see any NBA players out there helping.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 07:55 AM
BigE

Hope your girl is alright; glad you didn't lose it.

The Devils should offer you tickets to another playoff game down the line.

My dad used to be a real **** at hockey games (never a beer throwing ****, mind you), but he was the lunatic crawling over the glass at my games, or getting booted from the bench, or picking a fight with other parents in the stands. Don't get me wrong, he spent a ton of money for me to play, but I don't tolerate violence outside of the playing surface.

I know beer is a huge cash grab, especially for the Debbies and their 12000 fans, but I've been to a lot of hockey games up here and never heard of something like that happening.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 08:02 AM
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
I went to a few games in '94 and '97 and saw a lot of that garbage. Only difference between now and then?...i was much younger then. I'm going to game 5 and I can't stand Devils fans because I know they pull that type of garbage all the time. I'm expecting to go out with a bang if we're going to lose the series on that day, if you know what I mean. I'll get those ******** back for you!
Are you guys serious? We 've all been to the Garden and back in the day that was one of the roughest places to go see a game for an opposing fan...Now, all of you are whining because Devils fans were mean to you? A ton of Ranger fans come into the arena screaming "Devils Suck" and you expect everyone to sit on their hands? Ranger fans are very vocal and that's a good thing..but you can't be upset if you go to another arena and catch some ***** for being there...

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 08:06 AM
nni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Are you guys serious? We 've all been to the Garden and back in the day that was one of the roughest laxes to go see a game for an opposing fan...Now, all of you are whining because Devils fans were mean to you? A ton of Ranger fans come into the arena screaming "Devils Suck" and you expect everyone to sit on their hands? Ranger fans are very vocal and that's a good thing..but you can't be upset if you go to another arena and catch some ***** for being there...
gotta agree with you. everytime i see some kind of altercation its because someone with a blue jersey is getting real loud and obnoxious. it doesn't mean anyone should respond, so im not excusing that, but lets not pretend like devils fans are beating up on a bunch of innocent rangers fans. in this incident an innocent bystander got hit with something intended for someone who was acting like an ***. but hey this is a rangers board, so keep the halo's on.

nni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 08:16 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This story is why I'm at home in my cozy pad

Seriously, guy, you shouldve seen the old blue seats, what a zoo, and no one did anything to prevent it back then either. Part of the experience i guess

Ranger fans were plenty busy showing their class by throwing those giveaways on the ice when the Devs scored #4.
Just to clarify things, I was in sec 101 and there were equal numbers of devils and ranger fans throwing the thundersticks, including a kid of about 12 yrs old with a devils jersey who was looking for extra one to throw on the ice as his parents enjoyed the show.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon
OK, I'm done. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I just needed to vent and calm down a bit. Getting this down on paper, err, on the internet was very cathartic, I feel better already.
I'm sorry you had to endure that kind of BS.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Why do you say they were Ranger fans? I was in section 127 and the only people throwing them in my section and the sections around us were Devil fans. By that point in the game, there weren't too many Ranger fans left where I was.

Anyway, it was funny watching the players help clean up the mess. I'm sure you wouldn't see any NBA players out there helping.
There were PLENTY of Ranger fans left, I saw the higher level folks with Ranger jerseys throwing those giveaways.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
Just to clarify things, I was in sec 101 and there were equal numbers of devils and ranger fans throwing the thundersticks, including a kid of about 12 yrs old with a devils jersey who was looking for extra one to throw on the ice as his parents enjoyed the show.
I didn't see that section, but out of the sections I saw, there were alot of Ranger fans. Again, in the higher levels, and I can't say I saw any kids throwing anything.

Whatever, it wasn't as bad as those Florida fans and those rats, that was just

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
If I ever run into the guy who invented those lame thundersticks, I'll punch him in his freakin' wind pipe.

04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
If I ever run into the guy who invented those lame thundersticks, I'll punch him in his freakin' wind pipe.
Just clap him to death.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Un HabitHuet*

Getting the guy arrested indeed...

Un HabitHuet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:54 AM
cjdv16

Quote:
This story is why I'm at home in my cozy pad

Seriously, guy, you shouldve seen the old blue seats, what a zoo, and no one did anything to prevent it back then either. Part of the experience i guess

tough story... i'd have been pissed too.

however, good point. in a world of morons, it's sometimes better to just stay home.... especially as opposed to walking into the opposition's rink and thinking it's going to be fun.

whether it's devils-->rangers; rangers-->devils;devils-->isles;isles-->devils;rangers-->isles; or isles-->rangers the end result is always trouble.

think about game 3 or game 4 when you see devil fans invading your turf.

better off attending those games where you've got #'s.... or simply staying home.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
There were PLENTY of Ranger fans left, I saw the higher level folks with Ranger jerseys throwing those giveaways.
Didn't see that happening down low except for Devil fans.

I guess the Ranger fans upstairs still had the blue seat mentality?!

Old
04-25-2006, 10:00 AM
JBytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jratelle19
Not a bad idea, and the same thought comes to me when I'm driving on the Belt Parkway...
You have just ruined my day! I HATE that parkway.

JBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
I'm sorry you had to endure that kind of BS.
Agreed. Hopefully people will respect one another and understand the whole thing is just a game. Root for your team but respect the other side as well and hopefully everything will be OK.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I was in row 216 as well, row 15. I saw something happening behind me but didn't know what it was about.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25
I didn't see much of tonights game, but I can vouch for how bad it was during game 1. I sat in section 239 and it was a mess up there from the beginning of the 3rd period til the end of the game. We had guys throwing beers from up there all the way down to the lower section and weren't getting caught. Mix that in with the constant back and forth fighting between Ranger and Devil fans and we had one entertaining 3rd period. I was very disappointed in Ranger fans on Saturday, and from what I have seen/heard, they weren't much better today.
I sat in section 239 Saturday - row nine to be exact - and don't recall any of this, especially the part about people throwing beers into the lower section.

I do recall getting sprayed just a bit towards the end but that was the only beer throwing I saw or experienced.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Thundersticks are the worst thing ever created.

What, your mouth isn't enough to make noise with, you need those stupid things??

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Richard Park 10

This is just a game and people take more pride in representing their favorite hockey team than they do for themselves.

I have met awful ranger fans, devils fans, flyers fans and isles fans but last night I wittnessed the lowest of the low. I was going back to the city last night on the bus and a clearly drunker ranger fan got up in front of the bus and said out loud, "why the fukk are the rangers starting a n (derogatory term for a black person) in goal?"

The entire bus went silent. There are going to be bad people everywhere you go so its pointless to make a generalization about a group of fans based on a few morons.

Richard Park 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
nni

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadge1
This is just a game and people take more pride in representing their favorite hockey team than they do for themselves.

I have met awful ranger fans, devils fans, flyers fans and isles fans but last night I wittnessed the lowest of the low. I was going back to the city last night on the bus and a clearly drunker ranger fan got up in front of the bus and said out loud, "why the fukk are the rangers starting a n (derogatory term for a black person) in goal?"

The entire bus went silent. There are going to be bad people everywhere you go so its pointless to make a generalization about a group of fans based on a few morons.
that is terrible. ignorance is universal. there just seem to be concentrations

nni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:43 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
I love the towels. I'm a big fan of them.

I hate pom-poms, though. Debbies used to give them away every year during the playoffs and interchanged them with towels.
The thundersticks are awful...just awful. Theyre like banging soda cans together. I was at Shea last August and Jae Seo was pitching so of course he had his little following of people from his native Korea at the game and they all had thundersticks. It was so annoying.

NYRaNgErS99112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:54 PM
ThisYearsModel

Skip to the Important Questions!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon
I apologize for the profanity laced tirade I'm about to post, but I'm a little pissed.

Yeah, so my fiancee got hit with a beer. I could have killed the mother****er. What a dick. What kind of loser does something like that. And I don't care that the beer was intended for the guy in front of us, point is she got hit with it.

So here's what happened. Right before the third period started, the guy who was sitting in front of us found out a friend of his was at the game so he left to go find him. Now this guy who was sitting in front of us originally was.....a moron. I don't know how else to put it. He was a Devil fan, like my fiancee, but he got on her nerves right from the beginning. You know how you go to a game and see a person who is also a fan of your team and you think to yourself "How can I root for the same team that this tool roots for?". That was this guy. He was one of those guys who stands up for every shot, and every save, and every hit, and every whistle, and every face off, and every off-side, etc... So right away, we're annoyed, but he kept quiet and it wasn't a big deal.

So anyway, this tool goes to get his friend. 'Friend' is a big *** drunken fool. First he's standing at the top of our section, yelling at the Ranger fans, "Why aren't you leaving, it's 3-0?" and things like that. It was basically directed at the section next to us where there was a group of equally drunken Ranger fans. So of course 'friend' decides he's going to take the vacated seat in front of us. Now this is where I get pissed. You could see something coming. Everyone in 2 sections, including security, had their eyes on this guy. They knew he wasn't in his correct seat. Nothing was done. He continues to yell at the Ranger fans. There's one who is getting particularly pissed at this point and he starts yelling. The yelling goes back and forth for awhile and the next thing you know, my fiancee takes a beer to the side of the face. Thank God they invented plastic bottles, she was completely unhurt, but very wet. She leaps out of her seat pointing at the guy who threw it and yelled for security all in one motion. She moved faster than I have ever seen her move in my life. I mean, we play hockey all the time, she's a goalie, and she's never moved that fast to make a save! I was kinda proud. She was up and out of her seat before my brain even had time to process exactly what happened. So security swarms on the area and there's a lot of yelling back and forth. The difference in security's attitude was amazing once they realized that my girl has had season tickets (well, technically her father has season tickets) since day one. It went from "Calm down, relax" to "What can we do for you ma'am". That was kind of funny. So they're all yelling at each other, some name calling ensues and I'm really almost about to lose control when the guy who has season tickets behind us taps me on the shoulder and says, "just sit down, calm down". His timing couldn't have been more perfect because I was about to snap, so if by some chance you're reading this, thanks Dan!

So anyway, they pulled out the guy and took him to some security area. They take us to sign a statement. Of course since neither of us actually saw him throw the beer there's not much they can do. The head of security tells us, of course, that if he's arrested and he didn't do it, we're all sued. So we were told that basically the only thing they can do is ban him from the arena for life. We were done with about 5 minutes to go in the game, and we just decided to leave, the last thing we were told is that they were going to try to find some witnesses in the section so that the guy CAN be arrested.

So I have a message for the ****** bag who threw the beer. I hope you die. That's right, die. Harsh? Sure I guess so. But I have zero tolerance for stupidity and throwing a beer bottle during a hockey game is as stupid as it gets. In my world, stupidity would be punishable by death, so I hope you die.

OK, I'm done. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I just needed to vent and calm down a bit. Getting this down on paper, err, on the internet was very cathartic, I feel better already.

1. Did you offer to lick the beer off of her?
2. Did she say yes?

Sounds like you both handled yourselves well. Nice going.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote