HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 part XXX: Summer time, and the living is easy. But news is slow

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2012, 12:54 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Even if you accept that the Nolan DC universe to date has no supernatural/superhuman forces, that doesn't mean that the Nolan DC universe cannot have Kal-El land here in Smallville. What kind of faulty logic is that? If you have some movies "grounded in reality," all of a sudden you can't introduce aliens, especially a particular alien who is representative of the DC universe? Come on. We're not talking about the ****-age of Indiana Jones with that Indy 4 crap, these are movies based on DC comics.

You know what I've always found odd? Why people were so bothered by there being aliens (or alien like somethings) in Indiana Jones 4, but didn't seem to have an issue with all the supernatural stuff in the first three. It's like they forgot there's a 1000 year old Knight in Last Crusade, or a box that melts people in Raiders. I'm not saying the 4th movie was good, it wasn't, but I'm pretty sure it was better than Temple of Doom, and having Aliens in it doesn't seem like a real reason to hate it. If you imagine they were angels does it make it better? It could be like a reverse "Come Sail Away."

Now having Aliens in a batman movie, that's stupid, since it's, at least currently, a non-fantasy world. Is that what you people were talking about? I don't know what JL stands for.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:00 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
You know what I've always found odd? Why people were so bothered by there being aliens (or alien like somethings) in Indiana Jones 4, but didn't seem to have an issue with all the supernatural stuff in the first three. It's like they forgot there's a 1000 year old Knight in Last Crusade, or a box that melts people in Raiders. I'm not saying the 4th movie was good, it wasn't, but I'm pretty sure it was better than Temple of Doom, and having Aliens in it doesn't seem like a real reason to hate it. If you imagine they were angels does it make it better? It could be like a reverse "Come Sail Away."

Now having Aliens in a batman movie, that's stupid, since it's, at least currently, a non-fantasy world. Is that what you people were talking about? I don't know what JL stands for.
heh. no.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:02 AM
bluefunnel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post

I'll take Short Round over Shia LaBeof any day. The aliens didn't make me dislike it as much as the monkey scene.

Last edited by bluefunnel: 08-03-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old
08-03-2012, 01:18 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefunnel View Post
I'll take Short Round over Shia LaBeof any day. The aliens didn't make me dislike it as much as the monkey scene.
Or the fact that being in a fridge allows you to be completely unharmed after a nuclear attack.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:27 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Or the fact that being in a fridge allows you to be completely unharmed after a nuclear attack.
it's a 1950s/60s fridge. It was probably made of 90% lead and asbestos. There was probably some mercury in there too

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 8 GP, 1-5-2 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
08-03-2012, 01:28 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

and we're over 1000 posts. new thread in a sec.

Closed Thread