HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mount Puckmore: Four faces of Devils?

View Poll Results: Pick four: Who are your four faces of the franchise?
Scott Stevens 214 97.72%
Martin Brodeur 217 99.09%
Ken Daneyko 98 44.75%
Lou Lamoriello 188 85.84%
Scott Niedermayer 19 8.68%
Zach Parise 17 7.76%
Patrik Elias 70 31.96%
Kirk Muller 1 0.46%
John MacLean 19 8.68%
Jacques Lemaire 12 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

vCash: 500
Haha nobody likes Avery! Didn't somebody ask earlier in the year on here when he was put on waivers the first time by the Rangers if it would be cool if we added him to our team? What a disaster that would be. Marty, Kovy, and Clarkson all hate him, and I'm pretty sure it's on a personal level or at least it definitely is in Marty's case. Kovy still was going at it with him after he came here.

As for all the guys you named from the team who's logo is a toilet flushing I agree. I can't stand Staal, and he's an ugly ****er too, and so is his brother who will be joining him. As for Cam Ward I remember the Summer after he won the Cup, and Conn Smythe he gave an interview where he basically said beating his idol Brodeur on the journey to the SCF was better than winning it, and being the MVP. I didn't know whether to laugh at that guy or what. I'm sure it feels great to beat your idol, but better than winning the Cup, and Conn Smythe?

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Roomtemperature

vCash: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha nobody likes Avery! Didn't somebody ask earlier in the year on here when he was put on waivers the first time by the Rangers if it would be cool if we added him to our team? What a disaster that would be. Marty, Kovy, and Clarkson all hate him, and I'm pretty sure it's on a personal level or at least it definitely is in Marty's case. Kovy still was going at it with him after he came here.
I just thought it would have been funny if the Devils got him. It'd be like a sitcom where Avery comes in with his bag and says hi while you see Kovy, Brodeur and Clarkson approach him. Cut to Avery hanging on a flag pole by his expensive underwear

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
I just thought it would have been funny if the Devils got him. It'd be like a sitcom where Avery comes in with his bag and says hi while you see Kovy, Brodeur and Clarkson approach him. Cut to Avery hanging on a flag pole by his expensive underwear
Haha! He would have definitely been a scratch the first game he could have played. Just not a healthy scratch!

Old
08-05-2012, 12:50 AM
ghoti
Grind Time

Player: Martin Brodeur
Season: 1994-95
Game: Game Five against the Flyers in the 1995 ECF
Goal: Jason Arnott's Cup Clincher in 2000
Trade: Corey Millen for Neal Broten (Holik for Burke and Weinrich was a close second for me)
Unsung Hero: Bobby Carpenter
Franchise Villain: Tie Domi
Fight: Jim Shoenfeld vs. Don Koharski (copout!)
Coach: Jacques Lemaire
Broadcaster: Mike Emrick
Arena Behavior/Tradition/Trend: Going to playoff games against the Rangers and having them look like home games.
Arena Food: I get those Zeppolies at the "boardwalk" stand and get as much powdered sugar as possible on the people in the row in front of me.
Swag (jersey,hat,shirt,gear,etc): Do the Devils lead the league in percentage of fans wearing jerseys to the game? I think so!

I'd also like to add --

Series - 2003 ECF against Ottawa. That is my favorite series of all-time.

ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

I loved the Millen trade too for Broten. The Semak trade for Chambers was another good one that year as much as I liked Semak up until that point.

The Burke trade with Weinrich for Holik was my favorite trade at the time. I ****in hated Sean Burke, and I mean vehemently for the remainder of the time he was here after the 88 playoffs which was the only time he was any good with us. Heavily Preferred Terreri to him when they were the tandem. We also got the pick from Hartford that became Jay Pandolfo in that trade so we made out there much better than they did. That trade also may very well be responsible for Marty getting the starting job eventually. There was no way Burke was gonna be our franchise goalie with the awful last 3 years he played with us anyway. I wanted him gone much earlier, but happy it happened when it did cause we got Holik, and Pandolfo who were very important pieces for us.

Old
08-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Jossipov
Patty's Better

Sorry Avery cant be Franchise Villain.
Shredder was a villain to the Ninja Turtles, Avery would be like Rocksteady or something is what I'm saying.

Jossipov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
dsarch

If anyone is interested, we did post a podcast explaining why we made each choice right here

dsarch is offline   Reply With Quote