HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Cory Schneider Value

Old
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Macgruber

vCash: 500
Cory Schneider Value

Let's say that the Canucks couldnt trade Luongo for anything of significant value, and the only option was to trade #35 , what player or package would you consider getting the deal done for?

- I do believe Luongo will be the goalie being traded, and in no way think schneids is on his way out, just curious as to what others value him as.

Macgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 50
West:
CHI: P.Kane or Seabrook+Kruger
CBJ: Johansen
EDM: RNH or Eberle or Hall or Yakupov
SJS: Burns or Marleau or Couture or Pavelski or Clowe+Demers

East:
FLA: Huberdeau or Gudbranson
NJD: Henrique or Zajac or Larsson
NYI: Nielsen or Bailey+Okposo or Hamonic
TBL: Hedman
TOR: Grabovski

Last edited by John Swartzwelder: 08-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.
John Swartzwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
No chance to RNH or Kane

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:52 AM
stevecanuck16

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
West:

East:
If Mike Gillis traded Schneider for Frans Nielsen he would and should be fired on the spot. Preferably from a cannon.

Several of the other players would also be awful value, but that one really jumped out at me.

stevecanuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Wisp

I can't provide a source for this, but apparently when Philly inquired about Schneider last offseason, Gillis wanted Giroux. This was before his big break out, but they had the same inkling as Philly.

Colorado also dangled Stastny and a first and MG decided it wasn't good enough.

So I don't know what his actual value is, but It seems to me Gillis wanted all the crown jewels for him.

Last edited by Wisp: 08-03-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Wisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:17 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
I can't provide a source for this, but apparently when Philly inquired about Schneider last offseason, Gillis wanted Giroux. This was before his big break out, but they had the same inkling as Philly.

Colorado also dangled Stastny and a first and MG decided it wasn't good enough.

So I don't know what his actual value is, but It seems to me Gillis wanted all the crown jewels for him.
Too bad Holmgren isn't a complete moron.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Jury's still out. He decided it was better to gamble on Bryzgalov.

Wisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Hammer79

He's worth either a top 5-10 draft pick or a player that can help out right now. That said, I think that if they don't get a decent package for Luongo, they'll just hold on to him until another team gets desperate near the trade deadline. Maybe, for example, Lindback isn't ready in Tampa Bay.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 06:07 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
He's worth either a top 5-10 draft pick or a player that can help out right now. That said, I think that if they don't get a decent package for Luongo, they'll just hold on to him until another team gets desperate near the trade deadline. Maybe, for example, Lindback isn't ready in Tampa Bay.
If Florida moves their 1st for Luongo, what are the odds that its a top 5-10 pick? I think it almost deffinitly will be based on the ROW and goal difference (plus the improvement in their division).

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Maccas

Maccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Socratic Method Man

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
This is the guy who just gift wrapped the best defenseman in the world to Nashville instead of trying to sign him next summer. So I have to assume you're being sarcastic.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 05:34 PM
trytobe

i really wouldnt trade schneider except for blatant overpayment. does he have the same value as giroux? of course not, but i'd only let philly have him for that price.

trytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Hammer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
If Florida moves their 1st for Luongo, what are the odds that its a top 5-10 pick? I think it almost deffinitly will be based on the ROW and goal difference (plus the improvement in their division).
They won their division last year. They lost Garrison but signed Kuba. They aren't far off where they were last year. They could win their division again, and are likely a playoff team. Their goaltending probably won't win them a cup, but it isn't so bad that it will sink their playoff hopes. I think their pick will be mid to high teens.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 06:24 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
They won their division last year. They lost Garrison but signed Kuba. They aren't far off where they were last year. They could win their division again, and are likely a playoff team. Their goaltending probably won't win them a cup, but it isn't so bad that it will sink their playoff hopes. I think their pick will be mid to high teens.
FLA was tied for 8th last in regulation or overtime wins.

FLA was tied for 9th last in goal difference.

Their whole division has improved. WAS now has a legitimate 2nd line centre (Rebeiro), TBL added a ton of defense and may have better goaltending, CAR now has a 2nd line (Staal).

Florida was right on the edge, the 8 goals Florida lost going from Garrison to Kuba would be enough to move them to the bottom 5 in goal difference.

Fleishman (30 more), Weiss (8 more), and Versteeg (8 more) all got significantly more points last year than they had the previous year, it is unlikely that all their best scorers meet or exceed their previous years scoring again.

Add it all together and I'm predicting a bottom 5 finish for Florida. I'd take Toronto or Tampa with Luongo ahead of Florida with Luongo.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 06:38 PM
WinterEmpire
Praise Dalpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
FLA was tied for 8th last in regulation or overtime wins.

FLA was tied for 9th last in goal difference.

Their whole division has improved. WAS now has a legitimate 2nd line centre (Rebeiro), TBL added a ton of defense and may have better goaltending, CAR now has a 2nd line (Staal).

Florida was right on the edge, the 8 goals Florida lost going from Garrison to Kuba would be enough to move them to the bottom 5 in goal difference.

Fleishman (30 more), Weiss (8 more), and Versteeg (8 more) all got significantly more points last year than they had the previous year, it is unlikely that all their best scorers meet or exceed their previous years scoring again.

Add it all together and I'm predicting a bottom 5 finish for Florida. I'd take Toronto or Tampa with Luongo ahead of Florida with Luongo.
Those are all great points but Florida has a big variable to it's success in it's young talent. If one or two of them just explode onto the scene next year than Florida is a better team than they were last year.

WinterEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 06:47 PM
pahlsson

luongo would have to implode or get injured for any team to finish bottom 5 with him

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
This is the guy who just gift wrapped the best defenseman in the world to Nashville instead of trying to sign him next summer. So I have to assume you're being sarcastic.
No, I'm for real here. He's only a half moron. A complete moron would mean he'd trade Giroux for Schneider.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Dado

vCash:
Schneider might well bring less than Luongo.

What's the point of making that trade?

Old
08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Nick the Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterEmpire View Post
Those are all great points but Florida has a big variable to it's success in it's young talent. If one or two of them just explode onto the scene next year than Florida is a better team than they were last year.
I don't think that variable is enough - none of their young talent are likely game breakers or game changers; Huberdeau is still not built to play against men and while he may be a star one day, he's likely to return to the CHL unless he blows the socks of the execs in training camp. Gudbrandson will be solid next year but won't be a game-changer IMO. He needs time to mature too.

Sure, there's a small chance one of those guys, or one of the lesser prospects (Grimaldi, Howden, Petrovic etc) breakout but I think there's a greater chance of that happening in 2-3 years

This year they're in tight against a division in which most teams have improved, if not greatly improved as they've arguably stayed on par (I say arguably because I personally think they're down a couple notches loose Garrison and adding Kuba...)

Nick the Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
From Fla: Huberdeau or Gudbranson or Bjugstad+1st

From Toronto: Gardiner + 1st

From Columbus: Johanssen or 1st + solid defensive prospect(don't know enough about them)

From Chicago: Kane or Saad/Teuvo + 1st

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Pavelski would be interesting from San Jose. He certainly fills the void of Kesler's absence and can play either center or wing when the need arises. While I would prefer to shoot for someone a little younger. It would be worth consideration.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 04:31 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
West:

East:
You can take the NYI off the list of potential trade partners.
Isles are very pleased with how Poulin and Nilson are developing in the AHL. Nabokov's a solid, short term bridge, until one of Poulin/Nilson/Koskinen are ready for the #1 spot.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote