HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

[#13] Voting -- HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects -- [#14] Discussion

View Poll Results: Who's the Stars' #13 prospect?
Beskorowany 1 2.63%
Bystrom 15 39.47%
Guptill 14 36.84%
Jokipakka 0 0%
Klingberg 1 2.63%
Lindell 0 0%
Molin 6 15.79%
Sceviour 1 2.63%
Shore 0 0%
Sinitsyn 0 0%
A. Smith 0 0%
G. Smith 0 0%
Troock 0 0%
Vance 0 0%
Winkler 0 0%
Winther 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
  #26
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,734
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Too close to call this morning. Going to give it a little more time and see if someone pulls ahead by a few votes. If not we're going to need a tiebreaker.
Since you voted for Molin, how would you choose between Guptill and Bystrom if it came to a tiebreaker?

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
  #27
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,994
vCash: 157
If we do a tie-breaker, does the winner get #13 and the loser #14, or does only the winner get #13? Seems like it'd make more sense to do the former, as I doubt #14 would go any other way, but that's up to you.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
  #28
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,709
vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Since you voted for Molin, how would you choose between Guptill and Bystrom if it came to a tiebreaker?
Well I'd vote for Bystrom because he's higher on my list. They're very very close obviously. They're both a ways away from the NHL so there's no proximity advantage. Bystrom's role if he achieves his ceiling will be very important to the team. I just have a lot of faith in Oquist and remain slightly skeptical of USHL players, though Guptill is slowly winning me over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
If we do a tie-breaker, does the winner get #13 and the loser #14, or does only the winner get #13? Seems like it'd make more sense to do the former, as I doubt #14 would go any other way, but that's up to you.
A tiebreaker would only determine the winner. There's no way of being certain that all of the winner's supporters would automatically back the runner-up in the next poll. They might all shift their support to Molin, for example, making an automatic #14 awarding inaccurate.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:27 PM
  #29
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,994
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Well I'd vote for Bystrom because he's higher on my list. They're very very close obviously. They're both a ways away from the NHL so there's no proximity advantage. Bystrom's role if he achieves his ceiling will be very important to the team. I just have a lot of faith in Oquist and remain slightly skeptical of USHL players, though Guptill is slowly winning me over.
A tiebreaker would only determine the winner. There's no way of being certain that all of the winner's supporters would automatically back the runner-up in the next poll. They might all shift their support to Molin, for example, making an automatic #14 awarding inaccurate.
Gotcha.

Bystrom's up by 2, then.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:39 PM
  #30
Ambassador Of Fun
Registered User
 
Ambassador Of Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 50
That's not how it works because all the others that didnt vote for Bystrom or Guptill don't have their votes counting. Piqued's shouldn't be counted until there is a tie break (and I'm sure he agrees).

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:30 PM
  #31
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,709
vCash: 27750
Exactly. I'm just going to make the tiebreaker now because no one new has voted today.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:00 PM
  #32
TrueGrit
Registered User
 
TrueGrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
That's not how it works because all the others that didnt vote for Bystrom or Guptill don't have their votes counting. Piqued's shouldn't be counted until there is a tie break (and I'm sure he agrees).
Isn't that how every poll ends up? Essentially what you're saying is we should do a poll, select the top 2 and then have a deciding poll between those two every single time.

Majority rules, doesn't it?

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.