HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson

Old
08-03-2012, 04:33 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
didn't read OP, but read the title (been drinkin)

plz god If we got JJ I'd be STOKED.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:45 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Wowow, Johnson was just traded, and from an evential cup winner the deadline to a bottom-feeder, I'm sure he's pissed and won't respond well to another move. Also , Howson asks stupid prices and waits out until he finds out he can't get them.
He's not pissed.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Wowow, Johnson was just traded, and from an evential cup winner the deadline to a bottom-feeder, I'm sure he's pissed and won't respond well to another move. Also , Howson asks stupid prices and waits out until he finds out he can't get them.
He loves Columbus by all accounts.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
He's a special player on all accounts. He can give you decent minutes, he'll make mistakes with the puck, some being costly turnovers that lead to goals, the same ones we saw with Carle.

What the guy will give you off the ice is countless, he's loyal, dedicated and is a workout freak, the guy never takes a day off. He's a solid pro and I'd love to see him in Flyers orange but it will never happen due to the fact that he's on a pretty cap friendly contract and he's loyal to any team or organization he's ever played for (Kings, USA Hockey, Michigan).

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

He's Matt Carle with size, and the ability to improve.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 06:37 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I wonder how much he really loves it and how much is just talk. He was pretty pissed at the Kings for trading him and may have been talking up the Jackets too much. How many people would be that happy to go to the worst team in the league?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I wonder how much he really loves it and how much is just talk. He was pretty pissed at the Kings for trading him and may have been talking up the Jackets too much. How many people would be that happy to go to the worst team in the league?
Cant say i know but there could be more than just moving to the worse team in the league. The clb beat guy (who i consider one of the beat information guys in the league) talked to jj and made it sound like that.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:20 PM
deftones1986

I'm surprised (in a good way) that people are still actually talking about this, truth is I barely knew anything about the guy besides that he as a big hitter, and that was pretty much it. For what it's worth, I definitely learned a lot about him so thanks everybody for the insight.

deftones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Cant say i know but there could be more than just moving to the worse team in the league. The clb beat guy (who i consider one of the beat information guys in the league) talked to jj and made it sound like that.
I don't think the beat writer is making anything up, I just have to question why any player would be as excited as he seems to be about going to a team with an inept organization and not a whole lot of talent on the ice. I know he's from the midwest but I don't buy the extreme happiness.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I can speak from semi-personal experience, he got to Columbus and started following and reaching out to some of the fans on twitter, one of my closest friends included. He embraced the city almost immediately. While the Jackets were certainly no utopia, LA wasn't in great shape at the trade deadline either. He probably knew he needed a change of pace.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote