HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl - Chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2012, 06:06 AM
  #26
SUOMI
Registered User
 
SUOMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Finland
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
i'll give you another cliche reason this won't happen... Louis Leblanc speaks french.
Yep! That's a cliche... Look at Lapierre, Latendresse... Look at Pouliot who didn't get resign, or Darche same thing this year...

I think habs wants some french players but if they can get a better one via trade, they will pull the trigger.

SUOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:13 AM
  #27
MXPX
Registered User
 
MXPX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
I said that I started this trade with this. But we can add others players. I know that Leblanc have a better potentiel but Bickell is big 6'4 - 233. Kind of player habs need for 3rd line. By the way i'm not sure that Leblanc can be a top 6 forward one day. One thing is boring me is that Bickell will be free agent after this year.

So what players Hawks need to add for that trade happen???

MXPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:27 AM
  #28
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOMI View Post
Yep! That's a cliche... Look at Lapierre, Latendresse... Look at Pouliot who didn't get resign, or Darche same thing this year...

I think habs wants some french players but if they can get a better one via trade, they will pull the trigger.
Lapierre - asked for a trade
Darche - old, marginal
Pouliot - not from Quebec
Latendresse - maybe on this one.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:43 AM
  #29
SUOMI
Registered User
 
SUOMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Finland
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Lapierre - asked for a trade
Darche - old, marginal
Pouliot - not from Quebec
Latendresse - maybe on this one.
The point was not about Qc or not but about french speaking. Pouliot was speaking french, that's why I put him on that list...

You can also add Ribeiro or Theodore... Even Streit was speaking french...

SUOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:00 AM
  #30
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,031
vCash: 500
Trading a Trevor Timmins first round pick who is only 21 years old is a bad idea. Trading that for a third liner is a terrible idea.

Also Montreal being undersized is no longer close to being an issue.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:12 AM
  #31
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 500
Danny Kristo for Phillip Danault?

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:22 AM
  #32
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOMI View Post
Yep! That's a cliche... Look at Lapierre, Latendresse... Look at Pouliot who didn't get resign, or Darche same thing this year...

I think habs wants some french players but if they can get a better one via trade, they will pull the trigger.
Lapierre ask for a trade

We traded Latendresse for another french players in Pouliot.

We got rid of Pouliot and Darche because they were bad.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:24 AM
  #33
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,791
vCash: 500
Bickell for a pick or prospect?

Bickell wouldnt be a bad option with Eller on the 3rd line.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 11:04 AM
  #34
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
The value is definitely there, favouring CHI big time, but we have zero need for Leblanc. Our team is small and non-physical enough as it is.
That's an odd comment considering Leblanc is neither small nor non-physical.

You might as well say "we have zero need for LeBlanc because we already have a back-up goalie."

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 11:30 AM
  #35
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 27,076
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'd rather package a prospect/pick with Bickell to bring back a second/third line center.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 11:34 AM
  #36
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,196
vCash: 500
keep your player and give us your 2nd

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
  #37
SUOMI
Registered User
 
SUOMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Finland
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Lapierre ask for a trade

We traded Latendresse for another french players in Pouliot.

We got rid of Pouliot and Darche because they were bad.
Humm... I don't get your point sice that's exactly what I'm saying. Habs won't keep french players just because they are french.

The poster was saying that Leblanc will not be traded because he speaks french. That is not the case. He will not be traded because they feel he have some upside and is a former 1st rounder. But if a great offer for let say, an english speaking player from slovakia, habs management will make that trade if they feel it worth it.

I'm just fed up of all that french stuff (i'm french btw). Habs won't take every team's crap because they are french and they won't keep players just because they are frenchies...

Anyway, go Flames go!

SUOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.