HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Old
08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Version 1.0 releases today: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-discussions/

http://www.facebook.com/FranchiseHockeyManager
http://twitter.com/FranchiseHockey

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-03-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Here's the latest update on the new hockey game from the developers of OOTP Baseball. Taken from their official forum:

Quote:
Since we added a few things for the historical mode into the second pre-beta version I can talk about it a bit:

First of all, the modern game has absolute priority for us in version 1. That said, right now I would say that changes are good to have at least a basic form of historical play.

As others already wrote, with hockey it is much harder to have a historical mode comparable with OOTP. We can't generate ratings from stats, the NHL player database we use is less detailed then the Lahman DB for baseball, we do not have Play by Play data for old seasons.

So what can you (realistically) expect from us in version 1: a database with all NHL teams and players (with bio data and basic career stats). We found a way to rate player without rating them for every year they played in the NHL: basically, each player will get ability ratings for 5 points in his career (start, pre-prime, prime, post-prime, end) and a pre-defined template that describes him best so we can generate plausible skills for every year he played. It will be possible for the researcher to rate prominent player in more detail if the templates are not enough.

So what you most likely can expect from version 1 is the ability to start the NHL in the past, continue through the years, rookies will show up in the draft pool (or assigned to the real teams, your choice), finances will be modified to reflect the time and stats will reflect the years as well (at least stuff we have data for: scoring level, penalties).

I don't want to promise more, time will tell how much resources we can use for historical mode. But hey, even with "just" basic possibilities it is more then most other hockey games offer.
Historical play..

Old
08-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Glad to see people are interested in this, makes it a lot easier to put in all those long hours with the databases.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:16 PM
n00bxQb

Sweet. I haven't played OOTP, but I've heard tons of great things and it always seems to get rave reviews.

If it's coming out later this year, it's a must-buy for me when it goes on sale during Steam's holiday sales. If not, then next year's summer sale (NHL 13's BAGM mode is a huge improvement over last year's, so that should tide me over).

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Backlund

vCash: 50
Sounds great. Can't wait until its released.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 05:13 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Been six years since we've gotten a truly detailed GM game. Lots of eager beavers out there.

I will definitely be following this.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
a possible historical mode makes me really happy.

If only it would have historical random debut in it hopefully if it sells well they can continue to up the ante like OOTP does!

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:50 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

How much does something like this cost? and can you do it online against other real people or is it solely an offline manager?

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Whatever this costs, I will pay it.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
same here, I have no restrictions, I will probably play this for hundreds of hours.

This will make NHL EHM 07 look like NHL 97 compared to NHL 13

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Zombie Mike Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
How much does something like this cost? and can you do it online against other real people or is it solely an offline manager?
OOTP is like $40. This will probably be around there too.

Zombie Mike Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
We'll do personalized pricing then.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Fiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
We'll do personalized pricing then.

Thank you for making this game it is very much appreciated!

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Afino
The Juice

It's already been updated in the topic, but here's the official naming announcement:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...er-2013-a.html

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
This game will be mine....oh yes....it will be mine!

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Afino
The Juice

Hey ekcut, glad to see you over here

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Forsbergwannabe

I am very excited by the prospect of this game .

Forsbergwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Really looking forward to this, the OOTP games haven't dissapointed me since god knows when... And with the amount of editable content even one version could last us years, although I would buy it if they release a new version yearly without hesitation.

The main thing that pissed me off in EHM was the high scoring and how 50 players would be ppg players every year, that will most likely be editable in FHM. Another thing that I love about the OOTP series which I hope this game will have is those rare late round gems that can sometimes become superstars through an improved progression after being drafted.

As long as they get realistic scoring, a good scouting and drafting system and good player progression then I'm a happy camper.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Dev Diary is up

First post is regarding historical play, I for one am drooling over this, especially considering early on during development they had said to not expect historical play for the first release. Anyways seems like this is a late 2012 release for now.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ical-play.html

Old
09-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
"That said, let's start with the basics: the game will let you pick a season and play from there - if you want to start in 1955, you get the teams and rosters that actually existed then. Every year, the new rookies will be added, and depending on your preferences, you can have them either show up on their historical teams or be available for drafting and signing. Hate that your team traded away a future Hall of Famer for a guy that broke down a couple of years later? Now you can avoid the mistake. Were they ruined by year after year of incompetent drafting? Well, do it yourself and see if you can make better picks. Been waiting four-plus decades for a cup? Go win one yourself."

Old
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Cannot wait for this epic game, thank you ootp devs and team!

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Oh man... my loyalty to EHM 2007 might become questionable with this game coming out. For sure going to drop the $40 or however much it costs to check it out.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Btw, feel free to steal my avatar and use here and wherever you want. It's the official FHM logo.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:28 PM
jimmythescot

I was really surprised when I saw the provisional release date. It's been so long since EHM went under and there have been so many pretenders that a wait of a few months seems almost too good to be true.

EDIT: I have been following WTHM now FHM, but I hadn't seen this quote from Habsfan18:
Quote:
"That said, let's start with the basics: the game will let you pick a season and play from there - if you want to start in 1955, you get the teams and rosters that actually existed then. Every year, the new rookies will be added, and depending on your preferences, you can have them either show up on their historical teams or be available for drafting and signing. Hate that your team traded away a future Hall of Famer for a guy that broke down a couple of years later? Now you can avoid the mistake. Were they ruined by year after year of incompetent drafting? Well, do it yourself and see if you can make better picks. Been waiting four-plus decades for a cup? Go win one yourself."
I thought this was still a 'maybe next time' kind of thing. As a Canucks fan, this pleases me greatly. So much botched history.

jimmythescot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
I was really surprised when I saw the provisional release date. It's been so long since EHM went under and there have been so many pretenders that a wait of a few months seems almost too good to be true.

EDIT: I have been following WTHM now FHM, but I hadn't seen this quote from Habsfan18:

I thought this was still a 'maybe next time' kind of thing. As a Canucks fan, this pleases me greatly. So much botched history.
Leafs fans will have a blast then