HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stajan and Babchuk

Old
08-03-2012, 08:03 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1990 View Post
where is Baertschi....? he is in no way a 3rd line player....
3rd line is Sven - Backlund - Stempniak it won't put to much pressure on him and allow him to play against weaker defensive pairings.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:05 PM
flameaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1990 View Post
where is Baertschi....? he is in no way a 3rd line player....
On the 3rd line with Backlund and Stempniak. That's what you call depth my friend.

But you can probably flip-flop Baertschi and Glencross.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
Only if Feaster is willing to go with converted wingers as 1/2 centers & have absolutely no fall back position.
When he let Joker walk he took away the safety net but removing Stajan might leave Backlund & Jones as 1/2 C if the experiment (or even 1 of the 2) doesn't work. That makes Stajan (or even Lombardi) look pretty darn good.
That's how most of us feel in Calgary, but it is what it is. I will say that even a struggling Cammy at center is a better option than Stajan. And Feaster really believes that Cervenka is a top 6 or even top line forward. So there you go.

And I'd much rather have Backlund over Stajan on our 3rd even if Stajan is clearly better at this point. Backlund is younger, cheaper and has more upside. I don't see any need for Stajan on our roster.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:18 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
That's how most of us feel in Calgary, but it is what it is. I will say that even a struggling Cammy at center is a better option than Stajan. And Feaster really believes that Cervenka is a top 6 or even top line forward. So there you go.

And I'd much rather have Backlund over Stajan on our 3rd even if Stajan is clearly better at this point. Backlund is younger, cheaper and has more upside. I don't see any need for Stajan on our roster.
Other than the fact he can win a face (which we were the worst at) and can kill penalties.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:58 PM
dan1el

vCash: 500
Greening & a 2013 third for both.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Other than the fact he can win a face (which we were the worst at) and can kill penalties.
For sure, he has him in the FO category. But we can use others to kill penalties. I'd be fine with having Stajan if Feaster would of left a defined role/spot for him, but the way our roster is looking I'd rather go in a different direction.

To those asking about Baertschi, I think Flames posters have him penciled in on the "3rd". Cervenka and Hudler are friends and are the same age, Glencross is a beast defensively so in theory I think he makes there, but Baertschi could easily take that spot.

I have him with Backlund because they are both young and showed some instant chemistry last season. The thought is to let them grow together and develop to their potential. Realistically I don't think we have a 2nd or 3rd line, they will get equal minutes depending on what line is playing better on a given night.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote