HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2012 Canada - Russia Challenge - Halifax, NS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
  #76
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 500
I imagine Grigorenko and Yakupov will be 2/3 of Russia's top line. Who likely plays leftwing? Zlobin,Shulanov,Slepyshev?

Tra La La is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
  #77
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
As far as I know it's exactly a half of this money.
...yes, for one person...two of us=twice the money.



At least they finally had the sense to sell tickets for games individually.

bigdirty is online now  
Old
08-03-2012, 05:20 PM
  #78
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,714
vCash: 500
Russia's lines at 1st day of camp:

Zlobin - Grigorenko - Yakupov
Slepyshev - Prokhorkin - Kapustin
Shalunov - Sigarev - Kosov
Buchnevich - Romantsev - Khammatov
Tverdokhlebov - Tkachyov - Shmelyov
Fyodorov

Naumenkov - Sergeev
Nesterov - Yarullin
Vasilevsky - Pedan
Osipov - Dyakov
Kuznetsov - Sorokin

Vasilevsky
Makarov
Perevozchikov


Injured and not in camp: Nichushkin, Khokhlachev, Kucherov, Kadeikin, Shestopalov, Dyblenko

Zine is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 05:32 PM
  #79
therealdeal
Registered User
 
therealdeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,025
vCash: 500
Sucks that we don't get to watch Mackinnon. I understand that he'll play in the other tourney, but I want to actually get to watch him play.

therealdeal is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 05:49 PM
  #80
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Russia's lines at 1st day of camp:

Zlobin - Grigorenko - Yakupov
Slepyshev - Prokhorkin - Kapustin
Shalunov - Sigarev - Kosov
Buchnevich - Romantsev - Khammatov
Tverdokhlebov - Tkachyov - Shmelyov
Fyodorov

Naumenkov - Sergeev
Nesterov - Yarullin
Vasilevsky - Pedan
Osipov - Dyakov
Kuznetsov - Sorokin

Vasilevsky
Makarov
Perevozchikov


Injured and not in camp: Nichushkin, Khokhlachev, Kucherov, Kadeikin, Shestopalov, Dyblenko
Thanks

Tra La La is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 11:42 PM
  #81
Alberta tough
Registered User
 
Alberta tough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Still on top!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Lines at practice today.

Huberdeau Strome Rattie
Di Giuseppe Scheifle Shinkaruk
Roy Jenner Hudon
Leipsic Sutter Wilson
Lessio Monahan Danault


Murray Harrington
Ouellet Hamilton
Reinhart Ceci
Rielly Dumba
Pelech Murphy

Alberta tough is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 11:45 PM
  #82
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
I kind of want to see Reinhart - Hamilton just because of their big bodies.

Mason10 is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 12:37 AM
  #83
GuillaumeLetsundress*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
Lines at practice today.

Huberdeau Strome Rattie
Di Giuseppe Scheifle Shinkaruk
Roy Jenner Hudon
Leipsic Sutter Wilson
Lessio Monahan Danault


Murray Harrington
Ouellet Hamilton
Reinhart Ceci
Rielly Dumba
Pelech Murphy
gross

GuillaumeLetsundress* is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
  #84
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
RT about Canada - Russia Challenge


Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 08:04 AM
  #85
Macman
Registered User
 
Macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
RT about Canada - Russia Challenge

Thanks.

Macman is online now  
Old
08-04-2012, 08:13 AM
  #86
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
RT about Canada - Russia Challenge

Yes thanks.


Mikhail Grigorenko pronounced = MickHiel GreegorNKa?

Tra La La is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 10:55 AM
  #87
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
Lines at practice today.

Huberdeau Strome Rattie
Di Giuseppe Scheifle Shinkaruk
Roy Jenner Hudon
Leipsic Sutter Wilson
Lessio Monahan Danault


Murray Harrington
Ouellet Hamilton
Reinhart Ceci
Rielly Dumba
Pelech Murphy
Do players get cut? Even if players do it's nice seeing the Islanders 3rd rounder Pelech make it to the top 10 defensemen

boredmale is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
  #88
Macman
Registered User
 
Macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Do players get cut? Even if players do it's nice seeing the Islanders 3rd rounder Pelech make it to the top 10 defensemen
no cuts.

Macman is online now  
Old
08-04-2012, 11:11 AM
  #89
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
no cuts.
So what happens do they sit a few players each game? I assume they might be using a 22 man roster meaning 5 players would have to sit each game

boredmale is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 11:41 AM
  #90
Nascarfan12
Registered User
 
Nascarfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: near Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
MacKinnon is playing with the U -18 team. Both them and the Canada (playing Russia) team was practicing in Toronto at MCHE. I think Subban hurt his shoulder.

Nascarfan12 is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
  #91
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

But I will be curious to see how Reilly looks after missing so much time last year
If the leafs rookie camp was any indication... Then very very good.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 01:13 PM
  #92
Macman
Registered User
 
Macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
So what happens do they sit a few players each game? I assume they might be using a 22 man roster meaning 5 players would have to sit each game
I'm not sure, but I assume they must sit some. There's not enough room on the bench.

Macman is online now  
Old
08-05-2012, 12:11 AM
  #93
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,840
vCash: 500
has anyone seen the practices? (can you watch the practices?) how does shinkaruk look?

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 02:38 AM
  #94
Nascarfan12
Registered User
 
Nascarfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: near Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
I seen Fridays practice and shinkaruk was on a line with Schiffle and Di Seppe (the guy from Michigan)

Nascarfan12 is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 09:31 AM
  #95
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Honestly neither roster is very impressive upfront.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 10:47 AM
  #96
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Honestly neither roster is very impressive upfront.
You have no creativity, all right...

So a guy who scored 57 goals in the best junior league in the world is not "impressive" enough on offense for you?


Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 11:06 AM
  #97
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
You have no creativity, all right...

So a guy who scored 57 goals in the best junior league in the world is not "impressive" enough on offense for you?

1 player ? 1 line ?

Compared to the past, both these teams are pale.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
  #98
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
1 player ? 1 line ?

Compared to the past, both these teams are pale.
Ye because Russia has only 1 talented line?? haha- Were you born yesterday?

Let me guess, you're basing this on who you heard about? Because there are a lot of firsts on Russian team who have very high top end talent.

I doubt you have enough knowledge about the Russian team to name it anything, much less pale. Russia, Canada never have pale U20 lineups, compared to anything...

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 11:41 AM
  #99
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Ye because Russia has only 1 talented line?? haha- Were you born yesterday?

Let me guess, you're basing this on who you heard about? Because there are a lot of firsts on Russian team who have very high top end talent.

I doubt you have enough knowledge about the Russian team to name it anything, much less pale. Russia, Canada never have pale U20 lineups, compared to anything...
Neither team has its full roster... I thought both were much deeper, I understand Russia is missing a trio of players who will carry their team.

But Canada's just doesn't blow me away, Strome and Huberdeau figure to be in the NHL...

Yakupov for you guys.

I expected a WJC like roster for both teams, I know you guys are never afraid to bring draft eligibles, we however are a different story.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
08-05-2012, 11:45 AM
  #100
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Neither team has its full roster... I thought both were much deeper, I understand Russia is missing a trio of players who will carry their team.

But Canada's just doesn't blow me away, Strome and Huberdeau figure to be in the NHL...

Yakupov for you guys.

I expected a WJC like roster for both teams, I know you guys are never afraid to bring draft eligibles, we however are a different story.
I wouldn't just single out Yakupov, that's way too shallow of analysis
Grigorenko, Slepyshev, Kosov, Buchnevich(especially this kid, he's a 95 and very talented; already on KHL team), Shalunov, Shmelyov are all very talented players...

Fulcrum is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.