HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #5

View Poll Results: #5
Jake Allen, G 38 74.51%
Jordan Schmaltz, D 2 3.92%
Brett Ponich, D 2 3.92%
Jani Hakanpaa, D 6 11.76%
Sam Kurker, RW 1 1.96%
Cade Fairchild, D 2 3.92%
Philip McRae, C 0 0%
Joel Edmunson, D 0 0%
MacKenzie MacEachern, LW 0 0%
Sebastian Wannstrom, RW 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-04-2012, 04:30 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Wow, I found his limited time in St Louis to be very encouraging. The guy just exudes hockey sense and being in the right place at the right time. He also showed good enough physicality to be competent and effective defensively, which is usually a limiting issue for offensive-minded rookies. I don't see this holding back his development as much as it does for many/most offensive players.

I actually think Schwartz is much closer to Tarasenko's value than is commonly held on here. (That said, I think Tarasenko is further down the development path, and Schwartz will still most likely start the year in Peoria.)

What did Schwartz do during his stint last season that concerned you? I find that opinion kind of shocking.
I would have went with Cole personally as more of a sure thing. Maybe doesn't project as high as Schwartz, but I think he projects to be and isn't far from being a legitimate top 4 guy. I'm rooting for Schwartz don't get me wrong. His skill set is outstanding, dishes the puck well, and he scored two nice goals. His size may prove to be a liability at the other end of the ice. It just seemed like he disappeared away from the puck and defensively was nonexistent as his guy to cover seem to have plenty of room. He can learn that role better in time. He is just going to have to play bigger than his size ala Doug Gilmour or he won't be long for the nhl especially with Hitchcock. It doesn't help to play with the 3rd/4th line, but he has to cover his assignments. If he would have done that more efficiently, then we probably would have seen him at least for a cameo in the playoffs. He will have to put up points at this stage in his career or we won't see him playing much. AHL would be a good idea in my opinion from what I saw. Give him time to develop his defensive game, get lots and lots of ice time, and bulk up.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote