HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Cracking the lineup

Old
07-30-2012, 11:54 PM
HeroNtF

vCash: 500
Tis the same threads over and over, but oh well, least this can being constructive, unlike all these Leafs are doomed, and the clouds give me a sore back ones.

I believe Kadri will be a full timer this year, though where exactly no one knows, but he will be somewhere on the 1st-3rd line, and Carlyle will see where he is at in his development, and place him accordingly.

Holzer I would like to see make the line up. I can really only see him as a 5/6, or quite possibly if he is great defensively and care do the minutes in the NHL, could slide in beside Phaneuf to create a solid stay at home much like Aulie did... Least till we have a 1/2 ready in hopefully Reilly. But with a stay at home coming in, and Komisareks size, and a system that plays more to his likely, I could see Gunnarsson being the odd man out. (Not an attack at him at all, he is a very reliable defenseman, but he has value, and if size is what Burke wants, a roster spot has to open, and I see this as making the most sense, as they would have a similar role, and Gunnar gives us return)

Wild Card : If another spot is potentially open on the leafs I would have to go with 4th line left wing, seeing as we have lost crabb, and only other person that could possibly make a good "energy" line is Lombardi, but I can see Burke/Carlyle wanting a bit more strength to fill the hole, and "get bigger" interally, and not through some wild trade like most of us expected. Devane might be ready to fill such shoes, if that is an avenue the Leafs decide to take, or maybe even Broll, though he would benefit greatly from another year down.

HeroNtF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:15 AM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
A lot of Deschamps going on around here.

I think some of you had an opportunity to speak up about him earlier and were too affraid.

It's ok. Now you know. Go with your gut next time. Speak up when you have something good to say.

Have a great night.
Deschamp is very far down the depth chart. he may get a call up but he has to fight his way through alot to make this team. This season he isnt making it, next season he has it even harder if Ross,Biggs,D`Amigo ,Colbourne,Ashton are close to ready. He will be a minor guy and get a call-up here or there jsut like Ryan Hamilton. If your expecting him to make it bigger then you have fallen for his good post-season thats it.

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:34 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
Deschamp is very far down the depth chart. he may get a call up but he has to fight his way through alot to make this team. This season he isnt making it, next season he has it even harder if Ross,Biggs,D`Amigo ,Colbourne,Ashton are close to ready. He will be a minor guy and get a call-up here or there jsut like Ryan Hamilton. If your expecting him to make it bigger then you have fallen for his good post-season thats it.
No.

How is it that when you become a fan of a player "you have fallen for" them? There's no disguise. It's just a subjective thing. You like the colour pink and I like the colour red. Make no mistake. I like the colour red. I haven't "fallen for" it.

You also assume that I consider Deschamps to be entitled to a position. All players are subject to fighting for a spot. Even poor little Kadri (sort of :s).

Here's what might give Deschamps an edge. Burke traded for him last season and he's flourished on the Marlies. He was in the Ducks organization which means that Carlyle might give him a second look too. Also he's got a good hockey IQ. He makes very few mistakes out there, he's good defensively (ding ding ding!), blocks shots, and makes good passes.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Ricky Bobby

Out of Camp or very early in the season:

Kadri

Gone: Cmac being the most likely moved to create room on the roster

By the end of the season:

Hopefully: Colborne, D'Amigo, Ashton, Komarov, Deschamps, _______

Gone: Connolly, Steckel, Lombardi, Bozak for picks/prospects. None of these players are core pieces and can be replaced either through internal candidates or UFAs next summer. Unless they want to take a big hometown discount then adios. Toronto is not a team that can afford to be losing players of any value as UFAs.

Hopefully Blacker also shows he's ready to make the jump meaning we can trade Franson (whose skillset won't ever get maximized in Toronto as he's the 4th PP option) at the deadline when players go for a premium.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:36 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

Kadri

Gone: Connolly, Steckel, Lombardi, Bozak for picks/prospects. None of these players are core pieces and can be replaced either through internal candidates or UFAs next summer. Unless they want to take a big hometown discount then adios. Toronto is not a team that can afford to be losing players of any value as UFAs.

Hopefully Blacker also shows he's ready to make the jump meaning we can trade Franson (whose skillset won't ever get maximized in Toronto as he's the 4th PP option) at the deadline when players go for a premium.
Good post.

Old
08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

Kadri

I hope Blacker makes the jump but we are so stacked on D (although not really good). Maybe by injuries.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:28 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

In a good world.

Lupul - New star player - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur (Mac have a bounce back season)
Kadri - Colborne - Frattin
D'Amigo - Deschamps - Ashton

bottom six is young guys. 4th line is not a typical 4th line with minimal ice-time. They will be like the 3rd line....

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:36 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSE View Post
Anyone think Rielly will at least get a look before being sent down? Or are we too deep on d?

Burke did say he was #1 on his list, how many #1s get sent back down?
for Burke, pretty much all get sent back down.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:37 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
No.

How is it that when you become a fan of a player "you have fallen for" them? There's no disguise. It's just a subjective thing. You like the colour pink and I like the colour red. Make no mistake. I like the colour red. I haven't "fallen for" it.

You also assume that I consider Deschamps to be entitled to a position. All players are subject to fighting for a spot. Even poor little Kadri (sort of :s).

Here's what might give Deschamps an edge. Burke traded for him last season and he's flourished on the Marlies. He was in the Ducks organization which means that Carlyle might give him a second look too. Also he's got a good hockey IQ. He makes very few mistakes out there, he's good defensively (ding ding ding!), blocks shots, and makes good passes.
if Crabb can get a regular spot, anyone can

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:30 AM
number72

Burke has shown a preference for keeping marginal but passable talent on the leafs and allowing adequate marlies talent to remain in the AHL. The factor limiting progress is moving out more of the this marginal but passable talent like Lombardi, Komisarek and even Bozak, Connolly etc to make room for other talent that can equally contribute at the NHL level.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 09:12 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Burke has shown a preference for keeping marginal but passable talent on the leafs and allowing adequate marlies talent to remain in the AHL. The factor limiting progress is moving out more of the this marginal but passable talent like Lombardi, Komisarek and even Bozak, Connolly etc to make room for other talent that can equally contribute at the NHL level.
Doesn't every GM in the NHL have this challenge?