HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Two Ottawa trades, Oilers & Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2012, 05:45 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
You couldn't be more wrong...

He's guarenteed to be on the NHL team next year, and our GM was considering trading Robin Lehner. Lehner will be given one more year in the AHL, then at the end of this year, Craig Anderson's contract is up. For the 2013-14 season Lehner and Bishop will both compete for the #1 job. And giving up a 2nd for a potential number one goalie is nothing.
What I understand both Bishop and Lehner were on the market, I believe the rumour was to get Nash or a upgraded top 6 winger. Please provide a link proving that Bishop was guaranteed a spot this year. I cannot understand why, because Lehner has been the better goalie when called up to the NHL.

Old
08-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I wouldn't do it as a Sens fan. The need is a high scoring winger, not a soft C and not an over paid injury prone winger. I already outlined why the Sens wouldn't do this. The reason we made the playoffs was depth and a fierce hunger to win. Neither Gagner nor Hemsky have that, so we'll gladly pass.
Gagner is soft, and doesn't play with a strong passion to win? News to me. He's been getting stronger every season, and last year more than held his own IMO. He'll never be a PWF but judging him as a weak player because he wasn't overly strong as a teenager and 20-21 year old is foolish. Gagner is just barely under the average size for a forward in the NHL.

Hemsky isn't overpaid, just wait. This is a guy who was a top scorer every season since the lockout other than his last, yeah he battled some injuries but he got rid of the rust by the end of the year. He was terrific at the WC. Hemsky has a high end game. 5 million for 2 years is a very good contract for a player with such an established track record of production. Hemsky also isn't soft, a little injury prone sure, but thats because of the way he plays (i.e not softly, goes to the hard areas).

Old
08-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Eskimo44

Valuaing Bishop as a potential future #1 is hilarious, especially considering how often we are told Dubnyk is only a backup goalie. Bishop is half a year younger, and only a little bigger (which some would argue his height is getting to be a problem as he has a big five hole) yet Dubnyk is way ahead of him in development. If Dubnyk is a poor bet to be a starter, and i disagree with that but it's commonly said, then how can Bishop be an even reasonable bet to be one. Bishop is tracking as a backup. He isn't worth much, i'm suprised he even got a mid 2nd rounder. Bishop has value but he's nothing more than a throw in for a top 6 forward, let alone for two, and the only way he has some value as a throw in is because of need. Edmonton's need for Bishop is relatively low, considering Dubnyk is of similar age and far more established and successful.

Old
08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Nothing says soft like forcing Beauchemin to fight you.

Old
08-04-2012, 07:16 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
I wouldn't touch the Edmonton deal. Two soft, offensive perimeter players while shipping out our bottom 6 and defensive grit for the future.

Ya... who wants players like that?

Closed Thread