Old
08-04-2012, 07:11 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 50
Breaking Down Their Strengths and Weaknesses Heading into 2013

For the weaknesses these are my opinions:

Defensive-zone / Defense

Defense can be imporved by better coaching(I think the defense should be better because the coaches have a better understanding of each other). I think with the center position imporving that shound help the D. Yeah the defense needs to improve, with 1 more under their belts that should help.

Penalty Kill

The coahes can also help the players understand the PK better and stuff like that. And the addtion of Alexei Ponikarovsky should help.

Faceoffs

They have to work at it as individuals and as a team and with the addtion of Olli Jokinen that should help, faceoffs are key to winning games.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 08-04-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Bleacher Report is blocked/can't copy paste entire articles
viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:48 PM
sully1410

That's interesting, because in alot of the games I watched, I always thought that their puck possession in the offensive zone was quite poor. More often then not it was a one shot and then out again type of scenario. That was one I maintained through the season and especially in that scoring drought, they needed to establish that forcheck and keep pressure on the goalie.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:13 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
PK should improve without Glass on it, guy just couldn't grasp the concept of shooting the puck out of your own end on the PK.

Last edited by sipowicz: 08-04-2012 at 08:19 PM.
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
PK should improve without Glass on it, guy just couldn't grasp the concept of shooting the puck out of your own end on the PK.
Quoted for truth.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 09:27 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

The only thing Jokinen doesn't help is with faceoffs... He's not too strong there.

I also think our team and coaches did quite well with defense (exception: Randy Jones). With basically the exact same top 6 our team reduced shots against from being one of the worst in the league to about average.

Goaltending, lack of depth for scoring options and line matching, away games, back-to-backs, PK and the number of penalties I say was our 3 largest weaknesses.
Change those and we'd been 8th seed easy. Of course those things are all easily related.
Better depth (check!) and more consistent Pavs (cross your fingers) and all those problems all but disapear.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote