HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Bobby Hunting [All Bobby Ryan Discussion | Part VI]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
  #576
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Holy **** people are still talking about this?!

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:14 PM
  #577
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sina220 View Post
No more.

"I take things personally," Ryan said. "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has SHOWN ME NOTHING to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way.

"I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me … because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved."



He wants outta Anaheim bud. That's much stronger language than "stop mentioning me in rumors please". Anaheim has their leverage lessened by these comments and teams will just wait it out til the price drops or he causes drama and forces Anaheims hand. These type of tensions rarely iron themselves out, its much easier to cut ties and move on.
There's no need for facts here bud. What Ryan said has no merit because everyone knows what he really wants, and that's to stay a Duck.

In all actuality nobody knows what Ryan wants. I wish people would stop explaining his feelings and how he really wants to stay, unless he calls people on this board personally and explains his feelings and situation. All anybody knows is he vented his frustration hence all the trade talk. If he wants to stay great. If he gets moved the Ducks aren't gonna get a winger as good + a second line center + a first round draft pick + whatever else can get thrown in like most Duck fans want. If it worked that way the Ducks would have traded him a long time ago.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:26 PM
  #578
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
There's no need for facts here bud. What Ryan said has no merit because everyone knows what he really wants, and that's to stay a Duck.

In all actuality nobody knows what Ryan wants. I wish people would stop explaining his feelings and how he really wants to stay, unless he calls people on this board personally and explains his feelings and situation. All anybody knows is he vented his frustration hence all the trade talk. If he wants to stay great. If he gets moved the Ducks aren't gonna get a winger as good + a second line center + a first round draft pick + whatever else can get thrown in like most Duck fans want. If it worked that way the Ducks would have traded him a long time ago.
Let's get that knee bandaged up.

There is so much wrong here. Here are the facts, if you kept up you'd know that Ryan has explained his own feelings on the subject, and he's given people stick for interpreting his comments the way that you seem to think that we're foolish to.

Look, we don't want what you're selling. It's not because we think you need to add more or the value isn't there, or some other straw man you might tug out of your rhetorical bag of tricks.


Last edited by Exit Dose: 08-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:40 PM
  #579
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
In all actuality nobody knows what Ryan wants. I wish people would stop explaining his feelings and how he really wants to stay, unless he calls people on this board personally and explains his feelings and situation.
We don't know. But we know what he says. And that's more than we know from one interview, and especially more from one out-of-context quote, that most non-Ducks fans build their case upon. There's many reports that say Ryan has not and is not requesting a trade. Why that's not enough to some, I don't know. Actually, I kind of do, because Ryan's an attractive target, which everyone would love to see on the market, especially at a lowered price due to a trade demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
If he gets moved the Ducks aren't gonna get a winger as good + a second line center + a first round draft pick + whatever else can get thrown in like most Duck fans want.
I don't see that that's ever been requested. The most important asset in a deal should be the young guy with very good second lind center potential - like it always has been rumored to be our asking price, between Couturier, Schenn, Johansen, and whoever. It's expected to be a young guy, not one that's on his level, or really close at this point (like all of those examples). I don't think those exaggerations get us any further.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:47 PM
  #580
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Let's get that knee bandaged up.

There is so much wrong here. Here are the facts, if you kept up you'd know that Ryan has explained his own feelings on the subject, and he's given people stick for interpreting his comments the way that you seem to think that we're foolish to.

Look, we don't want what you're selling. It's not because we think you need to add more or the value isn't there, or some other straw man you might tug out of your rhetorical bag of tricks.
I'm trying to sell a dose of reality. If Ryan said every things all better then great, but I've never heard anything. Your own blogger stated that he is disgruntled and nothings really been heard, so how can you pretend to be inside Ryans mind and know exactly what he wants? Heck, I love my team but I couldn't tell you what there thinking. I don't know if they love playing for Buffalo. As a fan, I hope they do, but I'm not gonna get on here and pretend to tell you what they think.

The only thing worse then that these past few weeks of all this Ryan talk is how Ducks fans expect triple the value in return if a trade is made. If the Ducks do move Ryan it will be because Ryan wants to get moved. If that's the case, Murry will have to get what he can get for him. No teams going to dismantle there roster and there future for Ryan. If's he stays then all this can finally go away.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
  #581
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
We don't know. But we know what he says. And that's more than we know from one interview, and especially more from one out-of-context quote, that most non-Ducks fans build their case upon. There's many reports that say Ryan has not and is not requesting a trade. Why that's not enough to some, I don't know. Actually, I kind of do, because Ryan's an attractive target, which everyone would love to see on the market, especially at a lowered price due to a trade demand.


I don't see that that's ever been requested. The most important asset in a deal should be the young guy with very good second lind center potential - like it always has been rumored to be our asking price, between Couturier, Schenn, Johansen, and whoever. It's expected to be a young guy, not one that's on his level, or really close at this point (like all of those examples). I don't think those exaggerations get us any further.
Really!? I've read hundreds of proposal's and there 99.999% the same. It always ends with a Ducks fan saying that's not good enough and almost always want a trade that's so overvalued for Ryan you'd think there trying to trade Gretzky.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:54 PM
  #582
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I'm trying to sell a dose of reality. If Ryan said every things all better then great, but I've never heard anything. Your own blogger stated that he is disgruntled and nothings really been heard, so how can you pretend to be inside Ryans mind and know exactly what he wants? Heck, I love my team but I couldn't tell you what there thinking. I don't know if they love playing for Buffalo. As a fan, I hope they do, but I'm not gonna get on here and pretend to tell you what they think.

The only thing worse then that these past few weeks of all this Ryan talk is how Ducks fans expect triple the value in return if a trade is made. If the Ducks do move Ryan it will be because Ryan wants to get moved. If that's the case, Murry will have to get what he can get for him. No teams going to dismantle there roster and there future for Ryan. If's he stays then all this can finally go away.
Even if Ryan was disgruntled with being a Duck, this doesn't effect his value to other teams. Ryan can't control where he wants to go since he doesn't have a NTC/NMC. Ducks can shop him around to 29 other teams in the league and pick out the best value. People are just getting their hopes up.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:56 PM
  #583
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Really!? I've read hundreds of proposal's and there 99.999% the same. It always ends with a Ducks fan saying that's not good enough and almost always want a trade that's so overvalued for Ryan you'd think there trying to trade Gretzky.
Not really. It's almost always about the right fit. Whenever there actually (for once) is that type of young second line center piece involved (and I don't mean just a prospect along the lines of a Luke Adam), the responses seem to be open to it. When the value, however, is mainly consumed in other pieces that our focus is not on, there's negative responses. And that's just realistic. If the fit we want isn't there, it doesn't really matter how much objective value is added in other areas or pieces, it just isn't what we want in a deal for Ryan.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 11:58 PM
  #584
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
There's no need for facts here bud. What Ryan said has no merit because everyone knows what he really wants, and that's to stay a Duck.

In all actuality nobody knows what Ryan wants. I wish people would stop explaining his feelings and how he really wants to stay, unless he calls people on this board personally and explains his feelings and situation. All anybody knows is he vented his frustration hence all the trade talk. If he wants to stay great. If he gets moved the Ducks aren't gonna get a winger as good + a second line center + a first round draft pick + whatever else can get thrown in like most Duck fans want. If it worked that way the Ducks would have traded him a long time ago.
The only "facts" are Ryan has 3 years left, does not possess a NMC and the Ducks don't have to, or want to trade him.

The idea that the Ducks have little leverage is laughable at best.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:05 AM
  #585
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Even if Ryan was disgruntled with being a Duck, this doesn't effect his value to other teams. Ryan can't control where he wants to go since he doesn't have a NTC/NMC. Ducks can shop him around to 29 other teams in the league and pick out the best value. People are just getting their hopes up.
I understand this, and they have been basically been shopping Ryan for almost a year, maybe longer. The Ducks were hoping a team would get antsy and trade the farm for him. It backfired and all it did was tick off Ryan. Like i said, teams are not going to dismantle themselves and give away there future for a mid 30 goal scoring winger. Like I said, if teams were willing to do that, he would of been gone already.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:15 AM
  #586
SterioDesign
Registered User
 
SterioDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
The denial level from ducks fans in this discussion is hilarious lol

SterioDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
  #587
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Not really. It's almost always about the right fit. Whenever there actually (for once) is that type of young second line center piece involved (and I don't mean just a prospect along the lines of a Luke Adam), the responses seem to be open to it. When the value, however, is mainly consumed in other pieces that our focus is not on, there's negative responses. And that's just realistic. If the fit we want isn't there, it doesn't really matter how much objective value is added in other areas or pieces, it just isn't what we want in a deal for Ryan.
I've seen deals that involve Stafford and Hodgson that got flamed. Which is basically what the Ducks are asking. Personally, I'd like Ryan on my team ( who wouldn't) but he's not the end all be all. Quite frankly, I wish Ryan would come out and say that he definitely does not ever want to be traded so all this Ryan talk would go away and we can all get on with our hockey lives

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:20 AM
  #588
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I understand this, and they have been basically been shopping Ryan for almost a year, maybe longer. The Ducks were hoping a team would get antsy and trade the farm for him. It backfired and all it did was tick off Ryan. Like i said, teams are not going to dismantle themselves and give away there future for a mid 30 goal scoring winger. Like I said, if teams were willing to do that, he would of been gone already.
Fine, no one will overpay for Ryan. We will GLADLY keep him. As we have said for what six threads now?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:22 AM
  #589
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I've seen deals that involve Stafford and Hodgson that got flamed. Which is basically what the Ducks are asking. Personally, I'd like Ryan on my team ( who wouldn't) but he's not the end all be all. Quite frankly, I wish Ryan would come out and say that he definitely does not ever want to be traded so all this Ryan talk would go away and we can all get on with our hockey lives

Those got flamed by Sabres fans. A package around Stafford and Hodgson is exactly what Anaheim would be looking for in a Ryan trade.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:23 AM
  #590
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Really!? I've read hundreds of proposal's and there 99.999% the same. It always ends with a Ducks fan saying that's not good enough and almost always want a trade that's so overvalued for Ryan you'd think there trying to trade Gretzky.
Then stop looking in here if thats what you think we are doing. All we ask for is a trade that has value and fits our needs. If we cant get that then most DUcks fans are ok with holding onto Ryan for another 3 years at a cheap contract.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:32 AM
  #591
DaDucks
Registered User
 
DaDucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterioDesign View Post
The denial level from ducks fans in this discussion is hilarious lol
Denial lol
Do you know what a contract is?

I'll panic in his final year.... Until then ill keep enjoying me some bobby ry

Cheers

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:36 AM
  #592
thrillhouse99
Registered User
 
thrillhouse99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
This is just like when Adam banks first came over to the ducks from the hawks. At first he didn't want to stay there, then he meshed with the team and changed his mind.

I think this is a clear cut case of coach Bombay getting mr duckworths nose out of it and convincing bobby Ryan to stay with the ducks. Even if he is a cake eater.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:48 AM
  #593
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,991
vCash: 500
The entire Bobby Ryan situation has slowly and painfully become the most annoying saga of the summer.

Ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that Ryan is anything less than content.

Fans of every other team refuse to accept that the Ducks have complete control and all the leverage of the situation.


Reality is that Ryan has been frustrated for some time about being dangled in trade talks-- but the Ducks have no reason to trade him. They dangle him in trade talks because he is an attractive piece that could potentially fetch a return that improves their team. It's a business, and the Ducks have every right to explore any avenue that might make their team better.

It doesnt mean that Ryan hugged and made up with the Ducks because of a couple Twitter comments. It also doesnt mean that he will be traded for less than fair value because he is openly disgruntled.


Ryan will be a Duck unless someone provides Anaheim with the return that they need. Seeing as to how the Ducks primary need is not something that is readily available, the odds of Ryan not being a Duck next season are very small. He will continue to play his best because he is a professional-- regardless of whether or not he is happy.

Can't this just end?

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:50 AM
  #594
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
It doesnt mean that Ryan hugged and made up with the Ducks because of a couple Twitter comments. It also doesnt mean that he will be traded for less than fair value because he is openly disgruntled.
It's not just Twitter comments.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:51 AM
  #595
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It's not just Twitter comments.
Has Bobby Ryan publicly come out and denounced his previous comments? I must have missed it.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:52 AM
  #596
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
The entire Bobby Ryan situation has slowly and painfully become the most annoying saga of the summer.

Ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that Ryan is anything less than content.

Fans of every other team refuse to accept that the Ducks have complete control and all the leverage of the situation.


Reality is that Ryan has been frustrated for some time about being dangled in trade talks-- but the Ducks have no reason to trade him. They dangle him in trade talks because he is an attractive piece that could potentially fetch a return that improves their team. It's a business, and the Ducks have every right to explore any avenue that might make their team better.

It doesnt mean that Ryan hugged and made up with the Ducks because of a couple Twitter comments. It also doesnt mean that he will be traded for less than fair value because he is openly disgruntled.


Ryan will be a Duck unless someone provides Anaheim with the return that they need. Seeing as to how the Ducks primary need is not something that is readily available, the odds of Ryan not being a Duck next season are very small. He will continue to play his best because he is a professional-- regardless of whether or not he is happy.

Can't this just end?
False. When the original quotes came out, everyone, including Ducks fans, was shipping him out. When he clarified and said he wants to be in Anaheim then it basically went back to normal.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:52 AM
  #597
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
The entire Bobby Ryan situation has slowly and painfully become the most annoying saga of the summer.

Ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that Ryan is anything less than content.

Fans of every other team refuse to accept that the Ducks have complete control and all the leverage of the situation.


Reality is that Ryan has been frustrated for some time about being dangled in trade talks-- but the Ducks have no reason to trade him. They dangle him in trade talks because he is an attractive piece that could potentially fetch a return that improves their team. It's a business, and the Ducks have every right to explore any avenue that might make their team better.

It doesnt mean that Ryan hugged and made up with the Ducks because of a couple Twitter comments. It also doesnt mean that he will be traded for less than fair value because he is openly disgruntled.


Ryan will be a Duck unless someone provides Anaheim with the return that they need. Seeing as to how the Ducks primary need is not something that is readily available, the odds of Ryan not being a Duck next season are very small. He will continue to play his best because he is a professional-- regardless of whether or not he is happy.

Can't this just end?
Its too bad it took so long for a rational post. This pretty accurately sums up the situation.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:58 AM
  #598
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
The entire Bobby Ryan situation has slowly and painfully become the most annoying saga of the summer.

Ducks fans refuse to acknowledge that Ryan is anything less than content.

Fans of every other team refuse to accept that the Ducks have complete control and all the leverage of the situation.


Reality is that Ryan has been frustrated for some time about being dangled in trade talks-- but the Ducks have no reason to trade him. They dangle him in trade talks because he is an attractive piece that could potentially fetch a return that improves their team. It's a business, and the Ducks have every right to explore any avenue that might make their team better.

It doesnt mean that Ryan hugged and made up with the Ducks because of a couple Twitter comments. It also doesnt mean that he will be traded for less than fair value because he is openly disgruntled.


Ryan will be a Duck unless someone provides Anaheim with the return that they need. Seeing as to how the Ducks primary need is not something that is readily available, the odds of Ryan not being a Duck next season are very small. He will continue to play his best because he is a professional-- regardless of whether or not he is happy.

Can't this just end?
I agree. 99% He stays a Duck. The only way he gets traded is if Ryan does something to force a trade ( which I don't ever see that happening). If it did ever come down to that though, it turns into a Nash situation and the Ducks will never get the plethora of players/propects/and draft picks they want.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:59 AM
  #599
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
False. When the original quotes came out, everyone, including Ducks fans, was shipping him out. When he clarified and said he wants to be in Anaheim then it basically went back to normal.
Were you expecting him to say anything different?

If Murray approaches him and says, "Okay, we're not going to trade you", then Ryan can still be happy to stay in Anaheim and also annoyed that the Ducks dont show him enough love.

Things are not "back to normal" after a player shows such visible frustration. Once again, I'm sure he has no problem staying in Anaheim, but that doesnt change the fact that he was openly angry at the fact that his name has been constantly dangled in trade talks for years.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:40 AM
  #600
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Has Bobby Ryan publicly come out and denounced his previous comments? I must have missed it.
On Twitter he told people to stop reading too much into that interview, and in his most recent interview he said that people were taking those comments the wrong way. The only thing that's clear is that he's still a little worried that he'll be traded. Considering that in that interview he never stated that we wanted to be traded, I'm not sure that anything needed to be 'denounced'. Our GM, coach, and beat writer have all stated that there hasn't been a trade demand; their take was that these rumors weren't even coming from Anaheim, but teams that were trying to play hardball with Howson and Nash. We haven't heard the typical chatter going around when players are being shopped around, either. Short of god coming down and telling Flyers fans to chill out, I'm not sure what else needs to happen.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.