HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Cup DVD

Old
08-05-2012, 08:55 AM
NJD Kula
yay hockey

vCash: 500
The Cup DVD

Another reason why it sucks to lose the Cup final is the lack of a season recap DVD - why wont the NHL just do this for every team? I would buy one for every season like I buy seasons of TV shows I like. The year is 2012, why does the NHL have to be so narrow minded as to market only 1 team of 30. This kind of mentality in sports pisses me off, as if I want to forget every season my team doesn't win a cup. Maybe I want to see a "Devils win the Eastern Conference" recaps...

Why do they miss the boat on this ez money maker?

I will say, however, I never did buy the 2001 Avs DVD as the pain of it was too strong to relive, plus I don't really want to sit through a recap of their season just to watch one sided highlights of the Cup final.

So the question to all of you is:

Will you buy the Kings Cup DVD to watch highlights from the Cup with a tiny hope they might provide a recap of the Devils run to the Cup?

NJD Kula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

There's no way I'm buying the Kings DVD. The NHL really should make DVD recaps for more than just the Champions. This sport isn't that hard to market, they make it difficult on themselves by just sitting on their hands

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:03 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
There's no way I'm buying the Kings DVD. The NHL really should make DVD recaps for more than just the Champions. This sport isn't that hard to market, they make it difficult on themselves by just sitting on their hands
I fully agree with everything here.

Watching Richards and Carter carry the Cup once was enough for me. And I'm sure they'll include the locker room antics and celebrations of the them, which will only piss me off.

I think the NHL should make season recap videos for every team that makes the playoffs. If you're a Panthers fan, how do you not buy this year's DVD? Same with the Devils, the Sens, the Kings, the Coyotes... Just to name a few teams that had solid to great postseasons.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:05 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Hell, I would be happy if the NHL released a "Greatest Games" DVD for the Devils.

Considering the FLYERS have one, how can the Devils not?

njdevsfn95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:09 AM
CerebralGenesis

I don't think making a recap for every team would be a money maker.

But I would love a Devils best games DVD.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:09 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Hell, I would be happy if the NHL released a "Greatest Games" DVD for the Devils.

Yeah, this would be cool, too.

It's sad to see the marketing that the MLB and NFL do, and then see the NHL not at least replicate it. Hockey could really make strides if only the league would be proactive rather than passive.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:31 AM
NJD Kula
yay hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I don't think making a recap for every team would be a money maker.

But I would love a Devils best games DVD.
How would it not be a money maker? They have all the footage they need from the NHL Network, all they have to do is put it on a DVD. In the cases of division winners and up maybe have some extras. Obviously the Cup winner gets the best stuff but it's 2012, there isn't a huge undertaking needed to make some DVDs like there was back in the day when they didn't even have digital feeds.

Also why the **** do the Rangers have a 1994 DVD and the Devils still have VHS ******** for 1995 and 2000!?!??!

To be honest I wanted more than anything for the Devils to win this season JUST for a ****ing DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want one before Elias and Marty retire, make it happen in 2013!

NJD Kula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:58 AM
CerebralGenesis

It doesn't take will to just throw together a DVD. If it were that easy you would be making one right now for us to sell for the Devils 2012 season.

Then you make one after spending hours for CBJ or NYI and no one buys any. Hell, what are the numbers for the stanley cup DVDs? I'd bet some of them don't sell that well either, and if that is true there is no way the NHL would sink money into making more for lesser teams that didn't win the championship.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

"Greatest Games" DVD for the Devils in no particular order - copy and add to the list

1) 1995 SCF Game 4
2) 2000 SCF Game 6
3) 2003 SCF Game 7
4) 2003 ECF Game 7
5) 2000 ECF Game 7
6) 2012 ECF Game 6
7) 1988 season finale v Chicago Blackhawks

njdevsfn95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 11:03 AM
daron7
HFBoards Sponsor

i'd love to see highlights from 2001. That series with Toronto took years off my life. You;d figure they must have some sort of video tape of that...

daron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
I still have not seen the cup raise. And I never intend to.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I turned it off after the handshake line. I've only seen clips of Brown, and others skating it through the commercials. My buddy went to the game in LA with his buddies who live out there who are both Kings fans. He said he got up, and left after the Kings scored the 3rd goal. He had to do the walk of shame out of Staples Center before the 1st period had even ended.

I turned it off in 01 as well. No interest in seeing ****in Bourque crying tears of joy.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Roomtemperature

Quote:

No the one that should be mind boggling is the Islanders got one. The fanbase is in shambles. We out rate and draw them and they got one. They even had an offer for a free ticket coupon inside the box. I know they have the dynasty but I don't know how well that sold but I think the Devils one could have sold better at this time.

Quote:
"Greatest Games" DVD for the Devils in no particular order - copy and add to the list

1) 1995 SCF Game 4
2) 2000 SCF Game 6
3) 2003 SCF Game 7
4) 2003 ECF Game 7
5) 2000 ECF Game 7
6) 2012 ECF Game 6
8) 2000 Game 6 ECSF against the Leafs (six shots)
9) Brodeur breaks the win record
10) Sundstrom breaks NHL playoff points record for one game

Honestly that list looks solid enough but I'd like to get the Hasek Brodeur shutout from Dec. 23, 1996. I don't know what I'd take out personally maybe the 1988 season finale since that one seems over played a bit to me.

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:58 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I actually just signed up for NHL Vault on NHL.com. It's 5 bucks a month, but they archive nearly every single game from the last 5 years, as well as have several classic games from the past. There are so many games, and you can search just by team. You can find nearly every game that you listed on the Devils Greatest Game list. Check it out, I think it's well worth it.

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I actually just signed up for NHL Vault on NHL.com. It's 5 bucks a month, but they archive nearly every single game from the last 5 years, as well as have several classic games from the past. There are so many games, and you can search just by team. You can find nearly every game that you listed on the Devils Greatest Game list. Check it out, I think it's well worth it.
I was gonna recommend this too. I was so depressed when the season ended I signed up for that too, and it's worth it. Beware though there are a few games here, and there that are missing like our game against Nashville last year, and some games that are on there, but just won't load up for the most part most of them work.

It has many games during the playoffs over every year we won the Cup. I wanted to go back, and watch some of the games during the Rangers series in 06, but they didn't have those. However they do have all the game from the 06 series against the Canes. Logical explanation is the Canes won the Cup that year so that's why they have that.

Old
08-05-2012, 01:35 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I still have not seen the cup raise. And I never intend to.
Right there with ya. Walked away with two minutes left and never returned. Didn't watch the awards show either.

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Roomtemperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I was gonna recommend this too. I was so depressed when the season ended I signed up for that too, and it's worth it. Beware though there are a few games here, and there that are missing like our game against Nashville last year, and some games that are on there, but just won't load up for the most part most of them work.

It has many games during the playoffs over every year we won the Cup. I wanted to go back, and watch some of the games during the Rangers series in 06, but they didn't have those. However they do have all the game from the 06 series against the Canes. Logical explanation is the Canes won the Cup that year so that's why they have that.
Can you guys list some of the more interesting classic games that might interest fellow Devils fans. I wanted to sign up but I don't want to get in there and see nothing I really have an interest in or just the Cup winning games as I've seen those to death by now

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:52 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
Can you guys list some of the more interesting classic games that might interest fellow Devils fans. I wanted to sign up but I don't want to get in there and see nothing I really have an interest in or just the Cup winning games as I've seen those to death by now
Marty's 48th victory in 06-07.
Devils-Thrashers 1999- Gomez and Rafalski's first games, interesting one.
Devils-Penguins 2005- Crosby and Zach's first game.
Devils-Lightning 1993 - Jacques Lemaire's first game coached.
Devils-Ducks 1993 - Marty's first ever shutout.
Devils-Hurricanes 2006 - Scott Stevens night.

And for the large part, you have almost every game from every series of our cup wins. There are some missing from 2000 it looks like, more missing from 1995, but it looks like all of our wins in 2003 are there.

Not to mention, you have most of the games from 07-08 to the present, so you can relive all of those. Niedermayer night is on in full, which is cool to watch again.

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:39 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
No the one that should be mind boggling is the Islanders got one. The fanbase is in shambles. We out rate and draw them and they got one. They even had an offer for a free ticket coupon inside the box. I know they have the dynasty but I don't know how well that sold but I think the Devils one could have sold better at this time.

8) 2000 Game 6 ECSF against the Leafs (six shots)
9) Brodeur breaks the win record
10) Sundstrom breaks NHL playoff points record for one game

Honestly that list looks solid enough but I'd like to get the Hasek Brodeur shutout from Dec. 23, 1996. I don't know what I'd take out personally maybe the 1988 season finale since that one seems over played a bit to me.
has to be in there. classic devs hockey and vs. the leafs to boot!

Last edited by njdevils1982: 08-05-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: **** you glen healy!
njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Marty's 48th victory in 06-07.
Devils-Thrashers 1999- Gomez and Rafalski's first games, interesting one.
Devils-Penguins 2005- Crosby and Zach's first game.
Devils-Lightning 1993 - Jacques Lemaire's first game coached.
Devils-Ducks 1993 - Marty's first ever shutout.
Devils-Hurricanes 2006 - Scott Stevens night.

And for the large part, you have almost every game from every series of our cup wins. There are some missing from 2000 it looks like, more missing from 1995, but it looks like all of our wins in 2003 are there.

Not to mention, you have most of the games from 07-08 to the present, so you can relive all of those. Niedermayer night is on in full, which is cool to watch again.
Pretty much this. The Scott Stevens night though I don't believe that has the ceremony. I think the game is shown to pretty much highlight Marty's 80th shutout. The hardest thing you'll have with it basically is finding enough time to watch because there's a pretty good library, and it's even got classic games like the Red Army game against Montreal from 75 which I watched not long ago.

Another bad part is you have to watch some of the games with the other teams announcers. It seems with the games before the last 2 years it would just randomly have whoever's announcers. The last 2 years though it seems to have the commentary crew of the home team.

Old
08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
goalvalchuk17

add brodeur vs hasek 4ot.

goalvalchuk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:11 PM
JimEIV

Quote:

1) 1995 SCF Game 4
2) 2000 SCF Game 6
3) 2003 SCF Game 7
4) 2003 ECF Game 7
5) 2000 ECF Game 7
6) 2012 ECF Game 6
Pretty complete list. I concur.

1988 is pretty special to me and I'll always consider that the "beginning" which sort of transcends list.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:02 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
I fully agree with everything here.

Watching Richards and Carter carry the Cup once was enough for me. And I'm sure they'll include the locker room antics and celebrations of the them, which will only piss me off.

I think the NHL should make season recap videos for every team that makes the playoffs. If you're a Panthers fan, how do you not buy this year's DVD? Same with the Devils, the Sens, the Kings, the Coyotes... Just to name a few teams that had solid to great postseasons.
confession time- i never watched the kings celebrate. after they announced '1 minute to go' i shut it off. just too damn heartbreaking.

great point in the OP though. i know i'd buy a dvd every year- showing best/worst moments/ top 10 goals/hits, etc from the year. just please, no nickelback..

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 08:31 AM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

As for Greatest Games not including the SCF, just regular season games, IMO this HAS to be on that list even though it didn't mean much but i'll remember this game for the rest of my life.

Last edited by jasonthenicest: 08-06-2012 at 08:45 AM.
jasonthenicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2012, 10:59 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthenicest View Post
As for Greatest Games not including the SCF, just regular season games, IMO this HAS to be on that list even though it didn't mean much but i'll remember this game for the rest of my life.

the amount of those guys in the clip that have left the team since then is nuts.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote