HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S.Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part III)

Old
08-03-2012, 06:35 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't know, I'm looking at the 2016 UFA crop, could be some very enticing rentals available. That is the year, I think.
2016? That's really shortsighted of you. Always trying to go for it soon instead of '19 when our REAL window opens.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...SS0ps65uYs8K/1

larry brooks first article about the nash trade

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Boom Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...SS0ps65uYs8K/1

larry brooks first article about the nash trade
Its saying theres an error with that link. Anyone else having issues?

Boom Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Quack View Post
Works for me.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Quack View Post
Quote:
The dynamic is going to change next year. The addition of Rick Nash to an equation from which Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov and Brandon Prust have been subtracted makes the Rangers more of a top-heavy team going into 2012-13, whenever it begins.

Depth has been compromised. Dependency on young Chris Kreider and Carl Hagelin to accelerate the learning curve is not insignificant. If the season starts on or close to schedule, Marian Gaborik likely would miss at least the first quarter of the year.

That’s why the Rangers remain keenly interested in signing free agent winger Shane Doan, who will turn 36 in early October and is seeking a four-year deal as he confronts the separation issues that will accompany his departure from Phoenix, his home for the last 16 years.

Doan, who understandably wants this to be the last move he makes, is believed to have narrowed his sights on Manhattan, Pittsburgh and Vancouver. It’s unclear if Rangers general manager Glen Sather is willing to go four years, but if he does, Doan is more likely than not to become a Blueshirt.

At the same time, albeit unlikely, it isn’t impossible Doan could accept three years to come to Broadway for a reunion with coach John Tortorella, who may have issues with people skills, but sure doesn’t drive people away from wanting to reunite with him on his hockey team when given the opportunity.

And actually, as much as the dynamic will change, the Rangers will first and foremost remain Tortorella’s team. There is no doubt about that. The primary reason the Blueshirts had few, if any, second thoughts about dealing Tim Erixon to the Blue Jackets is the coach couldn’t envision the finesse-oriented 21-year-old defenseman fitting into the style he demands.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz22gCTZnLq
For anyone having trouble with the link, that is the full article

Last edited by Trxjw: 08-06-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Posted entire article..
Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Hopefully Sather doesn't give Doan 4 years. That's way too much.

2 years is ideal, 3 is pushing it.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Hopefully Sather doesn't give Doan 4 years. That's way too much.

2 years is ideal, 3 is pushing it.
1 is ideal...2 is pushing it lol

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
1 is ideal...2 is pushing it lol
Yes, true.

But 2 years is more realistic than 1 year.

I can't believe Doan is looking for 4 years and that much money.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:55 PM
GamerZX101

Doan on a 4 year deal isn't ideal of course, but I can see why it could make sense. It's a huge risk, but it makes this team A LOT better going into this season.

Is there a cap issue? Sort of. Assuming the cap stays the same (and if it goes down there will be a rollback anyway), we'd have about $10 mil to sign Stepan, Hagelin, McDonagh, and Sauer if he's still around. Stepan probably gets around $3, let's say Hagelin gets $2, McD gets $3, and Sauer gets $2. It could work, but it would be very tight. And a bunch of guys come off the books in 2014, and there will be a lot of cap flexibility then. So the cap issue is sort of there, but it can definitely be managed. There just won't be any big signings next offseason, which I can live with.

Perhaps the better option is to wait until the deadline and look to pick up a big name then. But the risk is that the right fit may not be there, and you'd have to give up prospects. I wouldn't be angry at all with Doan on a 4-year deal. Sometimes you need to take chances to win the cup. It could come back to bite us in the ass in the 3rd or 4th year, but by then we'll have more cap flexibility and his contract will be easier to move if neccessary.

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Doan
Hagelin-Miller?-Cally
Boyle-Halpern-Pyatt

That's a championship team right there.

GamerZX101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 01:20 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Now that the dust has settled I would like to congratulate the NYR on acquiring one of the premier forwards in the game. I felt (as many of you know lol) that Nash would garner a bigger return than what transpired. I really hope it works out for y'all because the Rangers have a great organization and in my eyes they should be the team to beat (barring injury's). I imagine most of you have maybe only seen this dude play a couple times the last few years cause the CBJ are so bad and never on television. But, make no mistake this guy (Lundquist not withstanding) might be your most talented player on a talent laden team nonetheless. Enjoy the ride!

Sincerly,

Dejected CBJ fan ready for a couple more seasons of pain.
Like I've told you, I've had center ice and I've seen Nash play more than a handful of times. We were all never arguing the level of talent, it was just a matter of what it was going to cost to get him and why it would be less than what you and your fellow CBJ fans thought due to the scenarios surrounding.

Nash is a gamebreaker. There's no doubt about it. Something this organization has lacked. Gaborik, as great of a sniper as he is, is not a gamebreaker like Nash. Nash oozes skill to just go and cut through 3-4 guys and score goals. Gaborik has one of the best shots in the league and is one of the league's best pure snipers. Nash has hands up there with some of the best in the league and top of top-end speed for a guy that's 6'3-6'4 and 200+ pounds.

To be able to roll Nash and Gaborik on 2 separate lines with either Richards or Stepan at center gives us a stacked top-6, especially with Kreider or Hagelin in it or if they decide to add someone else VIA free agency, IE: Doan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Imagine if we kept Mitchell to play with Nash? We'd never give up the puck!
NEED MOAR PUCK POSSESSIONZZZZ.

Well played.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:24 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Just to be clear...you are saying that without question, the Rangers will be trading Marian Gaborik prior to the June 2013 NHL draft.
I don't think it's entirely unlikely that the Rangers trade Gaborik at the draft if they win the Cup this year. Not going to guarantee it or anything but it'd be a scenario to think about with a cup win under their belt and a bunch of guys coming off the books the following summer, they could get a 1st rounder and multiple young roster players or prospects back for a guy they probably won't re-sign anyway.

Huge what if, though.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 04:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I don't think it's entirely unlikely that the Rangers trade Gaborik at the draft if they win the Cup this year. Not going to guarantee it or anything but it'd be a scenario to think about with a cup win under their belt and a bunch of guys coming off the books the following summer, they could get a 1st rounder and multiple young roster players or prospects back for a guy they probably won't re-sign anyway.

Huge what if, though.
Well that's a different scenario...and I agree it's probably far more likely that they trade him after a Cup win.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

At 4:50

Henrik discusses the Nash trade with Jim Cerny. He had Nash over to his apartment when Nash was in town 3 weeks ago.

http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videoce...=765&id=185267

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Aug 16, 2012 3:50p

More Torts on Rick Nash: "We did our homework on Nash..it is the right fit..I think he has that hunger to get there & be go-to in playoffs"

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/thenyrangers/stat...88309808902144

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Garfinkel1

I think we lost a lot of depth in Dubi/AA/Erixon in that trade. I'm not too worried about our first because we have a lot of young talent in the pipes and on the team.

I think nash is going to be dirty. I just think this year both Dubinsky and AA were going to have huge years and essentially made up a line one of our best lines in the past couple years. (Dubi-AA-Cally). AA didn't grow like we had hoped and Dubi was playing hurt or something but he's gonna turn it around. I know it.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I think we lost a lot of depth in Dubi/AA/Erixon in that trade. I'm not too worried about our first because we have a lot of young talent in the pipes and on the team.

I think nash is going to be dirty. I just think this year both Dubinsky and AA were going to have huge years and essentially made up a line one of our best lines in the past couple years. (Dubi-AA-Cally). AA didn't grow like we had hoped and Dubi was playing hurt or something but he's gonna turn it around. I know it.
we traded 2 roster players for 1.

So, the question is, what is better....just hypothetically.

Dubinsky and Anisimov or Rick Nash and JT Miller?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:

A lot of depth? lolWut?

They lost little depth in that trade. All of them are replaceable.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
A lot of depth? lolWut?

They lost little depth in that trade. All of them are replaceable.
While that's true, we still have to replace it. They're not replaceable on the here and now.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
While that's true, we still have to replace it. They're not replaceable on the here and now.
hypothetically you could look at it as simple as, Pyatt and Nash for Dubinsky and Anisimov.

Dubinsky+Anisimov last year = 26 goals
Pyatt+Nash last year = 39 goals

Just based on that alone, it's a fairly significant improvement.

Next year let's compare how Nash does relative to the other 2 guys. It would not at all surprise me if Dubinsky+Anisimov both have big years (for them...~20 goals each) because they are gonna get prime minutes in an anemic offense with #1 PP mins. Nash should STILL outscore both of them combined.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

all those guys are replaceable, everyone said last offseason this was their year too, dubi is at best a second liner, anisimov a good 3rd very weak 2nd line center. Nash immediately makes this team better, whereas dubi and anisimov at their realistic bests dont give this team what nash does thats how i see it

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
To be able to roll Nash and Gaborik on 2 separate lines with either Richards or Stepan at center gives us a stacked top-6, especially with Kreider or Hagelin in it or if they decide to add someone else VIA free agency, IE: Doan.
Or maybe the Rangers could play Callahan on one of those lines.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:15 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Or maybe the Rangers could play Callahan on one of those lines.
You mean our 30-goal, third line forward of a captain?

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:07 AM
nyrfan1026

Holy ****, we got Rick freakin' Nash.

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Holy ****, we got Rick freakin' Nash.
Gonna need a link there, fella... baseless speculation.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Scooter17

Quote:
The dynamic is going to change next year. The addition of Rick Nash to an equation from which Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov and Brandon Prust have been subtracted makes the Rangers more of a top-heavy team going into 2012-13, whenever it begins.

Depth has been compromised. Dependency on young Chris Kreider and Carl Hagelin to accelerate the learning curve is not insignificant. If the season starts on or close to schedule, Marian Gaborik likely would miss at least the first quarter of the year.

That’s why the Rangers remain keenly interested in signing free agent winger Shane Doan, who will turn 36 in early October and is seeking a four-year deal as he confronts the separation issues that will accompany his departure from Phoenix, his home for the last 16 years.

Doan, who understandably wants this to be the last move he makes, is believed to have narrowed his sights on Manhattan, Pittsburgh and Vancouver. It’s unclear if Rangers general manager Glen Sather is willing to go four years, but if he does, Doan is more likely than not to become a Blueshirt.

At the same time, albeit unlikely, it isn’t impossible Doan could accept three years to come to Broadway for a reunion with coach John Tortorella, who may have issues with people skills, but sure doesn’t drive people away from wanting to reunite with him on his hockey team when given the opportunity.

And actually, as much as the dynamic will change, the Rangers will first and foremost remain Tortorella’s team. There is no doubt about that. The primary reason the Blueshirts had few, if any, second thoughts about dealing Tim Erixon to the Blue Jackets is the coach couldn’t envision the finesse-oriented 21-year-old defenseman fitting into the style he demands.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz22gCTZnLq
He had to get that dig on Torts in there, lol.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote